Rolling Stones - Exile on Main St. box set with unreleased songs (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pdog

Pdog Forum Resident

2. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

3. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

jsayers Quote:

Sounds like new Jagger vocals on that track.

Who cares! The clip sounds great!

4. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Just sayin'..... :shrug:

5. Pdog

Pdog Forum Resident

sounds modern to me, not exile era'ish... if someone told me this was a track on a new record, and not the bonus on exile, i'd beleive. it's not a matter of like or dislike... oh, and am i excited...? hell yesh!!!!

6. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

The new remasters may be louder but they still sound closer to the original vinyl. The Virgin discs sound way too bright and bass-less...

7. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

I think you'd have to take that on a case by case basis.

The Virgin 'Sticky Fingers', for example, has more bottom than last year's reissue...

8. JJ75

JJ75 Forum Resident

Jusr heard Plundered My Soul on the radio, good tune I think, definitely has new vocal and probably lead guitar as it sounds unlike 1972 era Mick Taylor or Keith Richards.

Still enjoyed it as something new (old) from the Stones.

9. gibtti

gibtti Senior Member

Heard it as well. Not brilliant, but certainly not bad. Couldn't help thinking Mick's vocals sounded a tad sped up though.

Chris

10. JJ75

JJ75 Forum Resident

Hmm.. just heard it again, still good/ok, but think it's a complete new recording, couldn't really find anything on there that sounds like early 70's Stones, drums, lead guitar sounds like Ronnie imo...but still I'm trusting that something on here at least evolved from something they recorded in '69-72.

Is it just the regular version of 'All Down the Line' on the flipside?

11. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

The drums, bass and guitars are definitly old. It's the Wyman, Watts, Taylor, Richards line-up.

12. JJ75

JJ75 Forum Resident

Thats what they're telling us...truthfully, I need to hear it a few more times to make a proper opinion. I hope you're right though.

JJ

13. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

14. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

There is no way that anything but the riff of that track is old...I'll have to go through my Exile outtakes and see if I can match it up with anything

15. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Thanks for that utube link.

I think they did a great job on this track, I like it:thumbsup:

But someone above mentioned they heard it on the radio-?

So there is an edited version without the F bombs?

16. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Forgive me if this has been trodden over before, but just what is on the DVD disc of the Super Deluxe version? Amazon says it has, "Stones in Exile", "C********* Blues", and "Ladies And Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones."

Is this correct? An Exile doc and two complete, unreleased, legendary Stones movies?

17. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

If half the extra stuff is as good as this I'll be happy.

18. The DVD will include a doc with some footage from those films, but the total running time is only around 30 minutes, according to early reports.
    However, the complete "Ladies & Gentlemen" and a different, longer "Exile" documentary will reportedly be released on DVD and blu-ray later this year.

19. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

20. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Cus' they got like cred maaan. :sigh::shake:

21. Rambler

Rambler Active Member

It sounds like the drums and bass might be original as well, but yeah, it's mostly newly recorded. I kinda like it, they should just bury the vocals a bit more and make the mix muddier to sound more like Exile. Could that actually be a new Mick Taylor lead guitar, it sure doesn't sound like Keith...

Anyway, I really hope they use this kind of rich production on their next album, unlike the bare A Bigger Bang...

22. With who? Record company suits and teenage girls?

23. JJ75

JJ75 Forum Resident

The backing vox sound a bit like 70's Keith (tho it's prob Jagger), but the drumming is more akin to Charlie Watts more recent style, the bass sounds like neither Keith or Bill, and the lead guitar is definitely new and too poweful, it sounds like modern Les Paul played thru a modern amp, and is far less fluid than Taylors playing back then. This is what I hear anyway, I may be totally wrong!

I still quite like it tho!

24. EwaWoowa

EwaWoowa Sexiest Monkey Ever...

25. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Wow. New recording, old recording - I don't care. That is an instant classic Stones track. I LOVE IT! :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.