Rolling Stones Let It Bleed RSD EVISCERATED!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ben Adams, Nov 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

Why did the record store guy get one for his store? So he can mock whoever buys it from him? Maybe he's keeping it for himself :laugh:

Lost In The Flood and Spencer R like this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

because he's a cool dude that advocates for all vinyl enthusiasts. i appreciate his reviews and forewarnings.

3. andy obrien

andy obrien Forum Resident

Its probably just me but, i just dont think older records like this suit the 'splatter vinyl' treatment. Aside from any audio issues with coloured vinyl, aesthetically it doesn't do anything for me. The blue vintage labels and the original sleeve design jar with the bright modern colours of the vinyl.

Its like buying a lovely vintage E-type Jag... and soldering on a massive neon blue/green spoiler across the back.

4. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

He explicitly states in the video that he expected a more elaborate package, something that might justify the price.

5. andy obrien

He's a businessman? He didn't know it would be a god-awful splatter pattern with no poster?

6. bloodlemons

Except that this is an attempted replica of an actual vintage colored pressing.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  7. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Is there a black and blue vinyl pressing of Black And Blue yet? That should be their next RSD gambit.

knob twirler and andy obrien like this.
  8. As for his opèning the album: it's not like he's likely to have much trouble reselling the thing at a profit. Heck, because of its being used in this video he might be able to sell it at a premium. :)

9. andy obrien

Sorry but the more i think about this the worse it gets. The certificate should read "You've just been sh@£ted by ABCO".

At least Neil Young's 'After The Goldrush' 50th threw in a nice print for your 1oo bucks/quid

... assuming The Stones themselves wouldn't even know this was coming out? Someone else here can confirm I'm sure.

Aftermath likes this.
  10. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

No sarcasm!
    If you’re going to ask for $100 for a vinyl version that has absolutely nothing interesting about it, the least you could do is add the poster that came with the original album.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  11. Because of that, if this were selling for 1/3 the price I might be sucker enough to go for it.

bloodlemons likes this.
  12. andy obrien

Really?

13. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

I would like to get someone at ABKCO up against a wall for this crime against the vinyl community. :righton:

The Beave and andy obrien like this.
  14. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Yeah. It should come with a bonus DVD of video testimonials from Dave Grohl, Henry Rollins and Melissa Auf der Mar about how awesome Let It Bleed is.

quicksrt, boboquisp and Man at C&A like this.
  15. Whether it’s something that costs $30 or this title at $100 almost all RSD material is manufactured collectibles so if you’re outraged about this what about all the other crap that comes out as part of RSD?

quicksrt likes this.
  16. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

I’m going to say the Stones have no control of what comes out through ABKCO. However, the “Ya-Yas” package more or less represented what the Stones initially wanted for that release: 2 sides of Tina Turner and BB King, so maybe so...

Lost In The Flood and phillyal1 like this.
  17. andy obrien

That would add another £10 to the price. Keep going...

18. bloodlemons

Yes, as explained on page two of this very thread.

19. They could've at least thrown in a replica of that much-feted poster, to complement the repro of that not at all generic or cheap-looking paper inner sleeve.

ODShowtime and Man at C&A like this.
  20. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

There's a really nice unboxed Decca 1969 release on Ebay from a seller in England with 100% positive feedback. I'd rather take the 100 bucks for that thing and add another $167 and have the real deal with a poster and original blue sleeve.

astro70 and Man at C&A like this.
  21. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

More tacky crap for Record Store Day. It just looks naff.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  22. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

None intended! I'm with you. I even liked your post. :rolleyes::p

I think sometimes my posts must not come across well on here, for which I apologize.

As stated, I love that poster. :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    O Don Piano likes this.
  23. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Why don’t you guys just ask him questions directly ?
    He a member and posted a response in this thread last night::D

astro70, groovelocked and mrjinks like this.
  24. andy obrien

Ah i missed that, thanks. It doesn't change how i feel about a splatter version of an old record, but yes i can see now they've attempted to replicate it.

So my analogy is more: you buy a beautiful vintage E-type because you like the retro lines and sense of history, but you've heard online that back in the 60s someone did a bespoke paint job on theirs, so you pop down B&Q to buy some paints and have a go yourself. Underneath its still that beautiful Jag, but now its got bright modern colours!

And no poster.

douglas mcclenaghan likes this.
  25. andy obrien

There are threads for all those as well!!

Shawn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.