Rolling Stones Tour 2021 (part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GoodKitty, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Dylan89

Dylan89 Well-Known Member

That's a bold claim. I doubt I'll feel the same way though I'm sure he's a great drummer. I should have went Sunday, have no regrets watching game 5 of the giants though, that was a historic game. Though they played Rocks Off which I've been dying to hear live for years, I always seem to miss it haha.

Wow, sounds like fun. Trying to decide whether to to Vegas or Austin, I've been thinking about moving to Austin all year anyway so might be good to kill tow birds with one stone (pun intended)

I woke up yesterday regretting not going Sunday to a large degree, but part of me wants to maybe start bookmarking my favorite acts shows while they're still good/alive. I'm a huge Steely Dan fan and I haven't seen 'them' live since Walter died, the last memory of the Stones with Charlie sounds like a nice one, though I'd regret not seeing this tour if they never tour again

2. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

It's an improvement over 2019. Based on someone asking about the TX date on the forum, I looked up prices on available seats at TM, and there were $144s downstairs, and oodles of $60something seats all around the upper deck. Wasn't true in many markets in 2019.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  3. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Nosebleeds can be a blast. Only bad seat is one where the wind or some other obstruction is dousing the volume on you. The only 'trash' to be found in a stadium show are definitely in the mortgage-payment seats.

Davido likes this.
  4. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

From what I hear, you can't see the drums from the front of the pit, either.

5. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

In a stadium, you're either up front in the pit, or in "good seats.... for a stadium". Which is a pretty low bar. $400 seats just off the field are no bargain just because they're $100 less than the field. For most stadium shows, you might as well be in the next town for 90% of the place, so why not save some serious money and sit upstairs? Shop for a front-row upper deck so you have no one standing in front of you all night. Pick a seat so that the constant beer-runners are using the aisle out of your sightline instead of crisss-crossing in front of you all night. If it's loud enough, the seat is good enough.

PhilBorder, jeremylr and bonus like this.
  6. Amnion

Amnion Forum Occupant

As I've been doing that, I agree... but. I've seen a lot of bands over my lifetime, some incredible memories.
    I'm obviously a rabid fan, so take this as you will. There's Nothing like a Stones concert to me. The lights go down,
    "Ladies & Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones". Gives me chills just typing it LOL.
    I forget how many times I've seen them starting in 60s - decent seats (never great) nosebleeds etc., indoor hockey rinks, outside stadiums (no small clubs sadly). Each and every one was an experience, above and beyond the music.
    I'm obviously loving the amazing clips, on a big-ass TV with the best sound I can get, but being there...

7. Brian Doherty

Brian Doherty Forum Resident

One thing I've loved about YouTubeing shows I miss USUALLY is they allow me to think, ah, well, it wasn't too big a loss I missed that. (Even tho OF COURSE the experience of being there is different on a bunch of levels---some negative too of course.) The YouTube version of anything can seem missable, to me, even if I enjoy seeing/hearing it a bit.

However, NOT getting that sweet relief from any of these Stones vids, especially from the LA show I was best positioned to see. Just getting regret.

Sean, jeremylr, MRamble and 1 other person like this.
  8. Amnion

Amnion Forum Occupant

Well put. My biggest Stones regret was not seeing the '69 tour, they never came close to my area, and at 17 I was in no position to travel to the USA, even assuming I could get tickets. THIS tour comes close. The sadness and the feeling that this can't go on much longer is part of it naturally. But the energy, old songs I love being played (and well), Mick's stamina, Keith "being there".. man O man. Don't want to sour things, but to those who said they should have packed it in <insert time frame here>.. Eat your words. This is the Greatest Rock'N'Roll Band in the World".. still.
    I will gracefully fall off my soapbox now.

Sean, JuanTCB, enro99 and 5 others like this.
  9. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Pretty easily actually.

10. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

I hope they are recording these shows for future releases as usual, and didn't discontinue the practice because Charlie is gone.

These shows need some kind of official document, they really are performing at a high level considering all surrounding circumstances and recent health history of the band members.

What a great band.

drsmuts, Sean, The MEZ and 8 others like this.
  11. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

I suppose the point is: Just about everyone ends up watching the tele screens unless they're in the pit and can't see them!

TonyCzar likes this.
  12. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Definitely, so why pay $500 for the privilege?

13. Davido

Some have money to burn but I don't light my cigars with $20 bills. Think I may have to go to this show though based on the performances I've seen.

14. LC4O

LC4O Forum Resident

Very expensive tickets, to see a brand.
    the Stones are already full of money, but they have to feed all the machinery behind them.
    at least they help the economy.

15. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

If the cheap seats aren't filled, the bills get paid more slowly. Buy a $60 ticket and be a patron of the Arts!!

16. Davido

Ha! I still have my Lucky Dips from way back when and thought if I didn't get a decent upgrade that I might just take my leave. But I'm starting to see a certain appeal to just sitting back and watching a live show (if, as you say, the sound is good).

17. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Is that a haiku? :shh:

Smokin Chains and omikron like this.
  18. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

For mega fans of the band like myself it's just fun to watch the interaction up close between the band. You can't get that from the screens alone. Obviously it's a privilege to get to see them up close and obviously not as important as the music coming out of the speakers but it's still fun. And actually speaking of the music, it's fun to hear the guitars roar directly from the amps themselves and not the speakers. It's pretty darn cool.

19. Amnion

Amnion Forum Occupant

Nothing cooler

footlooseman and MRamble like this.
  20. vcpj

vcpj Gomper

In Nashville, after Daryl's solo
    on "Miss You" Mick gave him a kiss on the cheek -- not sure that made it to the Big Screen as I've seen no mention.

JSKC, MRamble and Amnion like this.
  21. Amnion

Amnion Forum Occupant

You're trying to make me cry.. I get it :love:

MRamble and vcpj like this.
  22. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Which is why it's double fun to watch the YouTube videos too--cool moment!

vcpj likes this.
  23. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Like this one.

So many great moments--take your pick!

24. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Gross. Did you see the size of Mick's spitstorm on 19thNB from 10/17? Fortunately, he didn't aim it at anybody, but I've never known him to be quite so phlegmy.

25. Amnion

Amnion Forum Occupant

It happens... lol