Rough Trade Sale coming May 21 ...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DapperGentleman, May 18, 2021.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Oh I had already bought it! They shipped my copy all on its own a week ago.

SJP likes this.
  2. UHLawdog

UHLawdog Forum Resident

Yesterday I emailed Rough Trade to ask about my order (placed on January 6), and received the following response this morning:

"My apologies for the delay. We are extremely behind in our fulfillment procedures in our warehouse, resulting in a massive backlog of orders left unprocessed. Sincerely sorry that these issues have impacted your order. Keep an eye out for an email indicating that your order has been fulfilled and that your CDs are on the way! We won't charge you until your order has been processed.

"Thank you for your patience and take care."

It's a form response, but at least I got one.

Ay caramba.

hutlock likes this.
  3. hutlock

I mean, there isn’t much else they could have said or done under the circumstances. Sucks but most of us are in the same boat.

GentleSenator likes this.
  4. mur

mur Hyperactive!

I ordered the Yes Quest box set on 1/6. It finally arrived yesterday.

It took forever to get a ship notice but I received one about a week ago. My Ride along Fleetwood Mac LP cancelled the day after ordering.

5. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

I received shipping notifications for three of the 10 remaining items from my orders (3 items were cancelled within a day of my January 6 orders) on January 20th and 21st. As of today, two of the shipped items still do not appear to have made it into USPS hands and I received one item at the beginning of this week. I have had no communication from Rough Trade since January 21st. I check my inbox everyday hoping for a shipping notification email.....maybe tomorrow....

6. hutlock

All four of the shipments I have received so far were assigned tracking numbers and then… nothing. USPS showed the same thing with them not having been handed off yet. And then one day, there they were in my mailbox.

So you might just wake up one morning and have them appear. Clearly something is very broken at RT! And the USPS for that matter but that’s a different discussion… LOL

jason202 and GentleSenator like this.
  7. hutlock

Hey just wanted to mention that I ordered both of these on your high recommendation and they arrived (finally). You should have mentioned the Eno connection in the first place LOL!

Anyway, just wanted to give you a hat tip for the heads up!

samwisefan likes this.
  8. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Awesome! I hope you enjoy them! If not..."I was never here!" *vanishes in a puff of smoke*

hutlock likes this.
  9. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident Thread Starter

If you like Loma, you're going to love Shearwater .... good luck with that. They've got a big deep catalogue. (Including a scarce 'cover version ' of David Bowie's entire Lodger album, which was produced by Brian Eno - this may have caught Brian's ear as well.) There's footage on YouTube of Shearwater doing Brian Eno covers going back 15 years...

================================

Laraaji's 'Moon Piano' and 'Sun Piano' 2020 albums are pretty cheap nowadays on Amazon:

Moon Piano - $11.68
    https://www.amazon.com/Moon-Piano-Laraaji/dp/B088JMGGMG

Sun Piano - $15.64
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BDZ5HFF

... and Laraaji has a Brian Eno connection as well. See what I did there?

Vanzetti, samwisefan and hutlock like this.
  10. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Does anyone else still have outstanding items that haven't shipped from the beginning of January? I'm tired of emailing them and getting canned responses. I might try to call. Normally I'd just cancel the order but I really want what I ordered since it was such a great deal!

UHLawdog, Patanoia and GentleSenator like this.
  11. DapperGentleman

I have 11 items (from 8 different orders) that were never shipped, confirmed or cancelled. I haven't heard anything from them for probably two weeks now.

12. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

Order from Jan 5 still waiting. Two of the three items cancelled, the other supposed to be shipped soon.

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i figure i'll give them until the end of this week and politely demand something more than the copy + paste response they've sent everyone else. still waiting on a couple items.

jason202 likes this.
  14. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

I also have outstanding items from two orders. I did receive a total of three shipments, one of which included an item that had been canceled! (The Peggy Lee RSD title.)

jason202 likes this.
  15. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

I have received 2 of the 9 items ordered and not cancelled (I'm up to 4 cancellations now). One supposedly shipped about a month ago but has not been received and appears to be in USPS limbo in Brooklyn. The rest still says shipping soon which it said right after I placed the order on January 6. No word from Rough Trade since a cancellation on 2/7/22. I will see what happens this week and if no movement on their end, I may just request that the remaining items be cancelled.

It was worth a shot but appears that, best case, I might receive 3 of the 13 items originally ordered. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

jason202 and Patanoia like this.
  16. TxRangersFan

TxRangersFan Senior Member

12 ordered, 3 cancelled, 9 received. So 75% hit rate on 5o% off. :righton:

Patanoia likes this.
  17. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

Just got a shipping notice for two more items from my January 5th order, including the one I'm most excited for, "New Africa" by Grachan Moncur III. That makes 9 out of 12 items ordered, same as my fellow DFW-er @TxRangersFan.

18. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Out of the blue, my Virna Lindt order has charged and shipped, a mere month and a half later. Which was nice.

19. DapperGentleman

I also received stray shipping notices last Monday, and again today. My experience has been better than most, I started shopping the night before, remember.

Ordered: 92 items
    Received/shipped: 85
    ?: 3
    Cancelled: 4

Patanoia likes this.
  20. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

3 out of 4 cancelled, even though a couple of the records still showed in stock at the same price? I reordered them yesterday and they are shown as shipped today (no tracking). Interesting business practices to say the least.

GentleSenator and Patanoia like this.
  21. UHLawdog

UHLawdog Forum Resident

Will miracles never cease? After six weeks and two cancellation notices, I got a shipment confirmation out of the blue today for the one item I really wanted in the first place.

Patanoia likes this.
  22. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I finally got a shipping notice three days ago as well. It hasn't actually shipped yet, but it's a start.

23. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

Yes, I finally received shipping notification for the remainder of my orders from January 6 yesterday, so it looks like I should end up with the majority of the items ordered (7 of 11 items) although the final package hasn't made it to the USPS yet. I guess that's not too bad. Fingers crossed.

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

FWIW, I got all 3 of the LPs yesterday which I ordered last Tuesday.

The Elephant Man and Patanoia like this.
  25. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I bought a few things a day or two after the sale began and got them within a week.