RSD Black Friday 2019: The List is Posted

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Clucking, Oct 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

Steppenwolf's S/T in mono? Hell yes but....does anyone know if that was a dedicated mono mix? I believed I tried researching that once and didn't get a final answer...:help:

2. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Pylon debut single and Tamba 4, but that's about it.

The Elephant Man likes this.
  3. nycNick

nycNick Active Member

Most of the releases I would want are RSD first, not exclusive. Tough to justify waiting in line for something I may not get that could be gotten later (Claypool). However the Miles Davis is interesting along with the Canned Heat Christmas album. I just have memories of almost paying up for the Meters from a few years ago right up until it was released on black vinyl for a fraction of the Discogs price. I truly focus on “exclusive” vs. “first” now. Plus, it’s not like I need a reason to go to my local to dig thru bins. Thinking pass on this one.

Clucking and perplexed like this.
  4. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

The Westerberg is not only getting a regular release later on, it will be one of those releases that will be available for under $15 when it goes to clearance on Deep Discount six moths down the line.

However, that Cheap Trick live set is a must. I traded for a cassette of the FM broadcast about 20 years ago, killer show.

dee likes this.
  5. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

Yes, I’ve heard it. Sounds good. But the only song where I hear any obvious differences is The Ostrich. There’s an extra guitar part in the intro.

Barnyard Symphony and Jimijam like this.
  6. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

It's been my understanding that the original US mono was a fold.

It doesn't help that Sundazed is doing this - they're "From The Original Master Tapes" claims have not aged well.

vudicus and Christopher B like this.
  7. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

8. Vinyl_Blues

Vinyl_Blues Slave to the Groove

Ditto.

James Bennett likes this.
  9. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Only the Lou Reed album interests me.

10. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Just want to leave a post here so I get Alerts in case any more Titles get added to this underwhelming list(actually looks good for Jazz Fans though for a smaller scale version of RSD).

Only interested in The Doors, Jeff Buckley and maybe Lou Reed(I need to check the Raven first though, as never heard it). However, nothing here is essential for me to get up early and make an hour drive. I own The Doors Isle of Weight on the BluRay/CD Release with the messed up Drums and added Motorcycle Sound Effects, and hardly have played it, but being a Doors Fan, the RSD Vinyl would be more of adding it to my Collection type purchase.

I was hoping for a Bowie 'Sound + Vision' as was rumored(or maybe just wishful thinking by Bowie Fans), as would have made the drive for that or any Good Bowie Release and if there would have been an interesting Pink Floyd Release.

Too Many Box Sets and Deluxe Sets coming out the remaining 3 Months, so money is better spent there.

I will be checking in though in this Thread in case any other Titles get added to the Original List up on the RSD Website.

11. Grow Fins

Grow Fins ...and leave you laaaaand-lubbing women alone

As always, it's the Resonance release that interests me - their releases have been top notch, and Bill Evans is always a quality choice. Then again, I imagine these won't be available in Europe, and I am not eager to spend a fortune on postage. Decisions...

scotti likes this.
  12. Sentient Six

Sentient Six Forum Resident

Cheap Trick Live
    Geddy Lee
    Overkill
    Joe Satriani

13. Azunai

Azunai Well-Known Member

Definitely interested in some of the jazz titles that are in this list. Looking forward to the resonance release the most.

scotti likes this.
  14. Cool hand luke

Like i said, i researched and got conflicting reports....

15. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Not a lot there for me. My wife will breathe a sigh of relief.

Satrus and Tommyboy like this.
  16. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

You must be shopping at the wrong place : past RSD Resonance releases have always been available in France.

17. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

Darn! I was looking forward to this year, but I guess it's a sign that I can save my pennies for the main RSD in the spring (unless I get interconnects first).

Tommyboy likes this.
  18. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

Well, like I said, I’ve heard it.

19. Cool hand luke

Haha, okay, I'll go with that. Thanks :tiphat:

elaterium likes this.
  20. Grow Fins

Grow Fins ...and leave you laaaaand-lubbing women alone

You may well be right - I did see last year's Eric Dolphy set at Fnac (albeit at tremendous cost). Will keep an eye out.

From what I understand the Evans release is a 2xLP version of the 3xLP 45rpm set that they did a few years ago. Anyone have that? Is it a must-have? I normally would be apprehensive about 33rpm reissues, but the Resonance releases have generally been so good that I am not too concerned about that.

21. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

I bought the Dolphy set at Gibert Joseph, in Paris, for what seemed a rather reasonable price considering the quality on offer, with no exagerated import mark-up.

Grow Fins likes this.
  22. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

Well, it has never seen a vinyl release so this will be the first official LP release of it. I think many Rush nerds will be eager to snap it up. I'm going to try and get one.

23. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

Miles Davis / In Tokyo was reissued in a limited edition box by Mosaic, just like the tracks from the In A Silent Way sessions. But great to see these recordings reissued!

waaguirr and WithinYourReach like this.
  24. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

Ahhh, I was looking at the Discogs page and didn't see that. Thanks! :righton:

Johan1880 likes this.
  25. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I have a rip of the mono Steppenwolf on Dunhill and it doesn't sound like a fold to me. Sounded fantastic last time I listened to it. I was quite surprised as I used to have a stereo copy and never really liked it that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.