Run Out Groove: fan-driven, vinyl-only label from Warner Music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Turnaround, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

I read it to mean the original album will be AAA. Not the bonus disk, which will be digital. The extra tracks wouldn’t have been spliced onto a reel back in the day.

nosliw likes this.
  2. Vapour

Vapour Forum Resident

As they did with the recent ‘Curtis’ 50th 2Lp.

Gabe Walters likes this.
  3. andycherry

andycherry Forum Resident

fan-driven but horrible customer service

Bradd likes this.
  4. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

im new to them when i picked up Barenaked Ladies Maroon from my LRS. Whats up with their CS?

5. Riktator

Riktator Surfer of the Audio Waves

I got the usual Music Direct Music Coming Soon email today, they are taking pre-orders so you still have a chance.

iworkatinitech likes this.
  6. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

"Original album lacquers would be cut directly from the master analog tape source" means that it's a lacquer cut directly from the master tape, implying that it's AAA. In the case of Super Fly, it might be sourced from a safety copy of the master tape.

"Would be remastered for maximum fidelity and cut from original analog tapes" implies that it's from high-resolution digital files from the multi-track analogue master tapes. Warner Bros and Elektra are under the umbrella of Warner Music Group and they do not issue out master tapes to anybody. It's very likely too cost prohibitive to insure them while sending the tapes and the fact that they're irreplaceable speaks volume to WMG.

7. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

ralphb, WhatDoIKnow and pghmusiclover like this.
  8. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I did too… I’m sure the Mayfield will be done one way or another! I doubt Labelle will win the vote, but fingers crossed!!!

ralphb and WhatDoIKnow like this.
  9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The Labelle album has been out of print for longer than most people have been alive.

The Curtis Mayfield album has been reissue, I dunno, a zillion times or so?

10. Riktator

Riktator Surfer of the Audio Waves

I thought the same with Kiko. Had to go with Superfly.

11. pghmusiclover

Even when it was in print I rarely saw it in stores… I missed out and got a copy years later in a new to-our-area Peaches store that had a huge selection of cut-outs!

12. andycherry

andycherry Forum Resident

i’ve only ordered from them a couple of times and they screwed up once, blamed it on me and when i very nicely offered a solution they never responded to two emails and i never got the record i paid for (almost a year before that). i saw similar situations also occurred with a few other fans over the same release.

13. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Since it failed to get enough votes for two rounds in a row, the Mutemath album got taken out of consideration all together... :(

Hopefully they'll put it back up soon (it's one previous pressing is going for $400 on the second-hand market).

14. nosliw

15. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

As soon as I got the email I ordered the colored vinyl version, which I assume is only available from Run Out Groove. I have the deluxe CD, which has everything on this LP box, except for the live set. There was no street date listed, so who knows when it is actually shipping?

16. nosliw

Going by how Record Industry press their records so far, expect 7-8 months from the pre-order date to the shipping date. That's how it went when I pre-ordered Fear Factory's Demanufacture from ROG, but I can see being a bit longer than that.

I also pre-ordered the coloured vinyl boxset, too. Shipping and taxes combined is pretty brutal for Canadians, which is $37.57 USD.

17. nosliw

@MikeT They updated their website with an expected shipping date of February 11th, 2022, but noted that it's subject to change.

MikeT likes this.
  18. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

The plants have long lead times, true, but isn't this also due in part to ROG's business model? Aren't they still a press-on-demand operation? They don't put in the order for the pressing run until orders are in from end customers, IIRC.

19. nosliw

That's right. They total up the number of orders made by individual customers and distributors worldwide. Run Out Groove don't hold excess inventory from their warehouses, according to their FAQ. https://shop.runoutgroovevinyl.com/faq

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

21. nosliw

This month's choices are:
    • Randy Newman's Good Old Boys
    • Steel Pulse's Babylon The Bandit
    • Labelle - Labelle Deluxed Edition

22. "We're a winner"

23. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Same here. I received an email and pre-ordered right away. Their Curtis, from a few months back, is magnificent :righton:

dasacco likes this.
  24. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Ooooohhhhh, that's a tough one!
    One vote for the Randy Newman,
    one for the Labelle.

25. pghmusiclover

That's such a pile of BS putting Curtis against Labelle -- there's no way Labelle stood a snowball's chance in hell -- when they were probably going to release Curtis anyway. #*$K them.

And again it's doubtful they will win against Randy Newman...