Ryan Adams - "Cold Roses" vinyl reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pawnmower, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cjb2233

Cjb2233 Forum Resident

Is that the version on Amazon that is currently $11.99?

2. Richard Maryanski

Richard Maryanski Forum Resident

jumpinjulian likes this.
  3. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Just ordered Gold, 29 and Cold Roses from Amazon. Fingers crossed they're the new pressings!

Threw in the new Bash & Pop album also for good measure.

4. moonshiner

moonshiner Forum Resident

Has anybody ordered cold roses or gold from an european amazon?

JimmieP and Doctorwu like this.
  5. battlervsthewar

battlervsthewar New Member

Thanks for the heads about Gold & Cold Roses. Can anyone confirm 29 and Follow the Lights?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  6. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

Has anyone else done a Cold Roses comparison to the original press? Debating whether it's really worth it to update my copy. Will definitely finally grab Gold.

7. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

FTL is only 5 bucks on amazon today so I decided to get that one too. Will report back on what I get in a couple of days.

8. rblz17

rblz17 Forum Resident

Thanks to the kind souls who posted in this thread about their success with new pressings from Amazon, I just received a shipment from Amazon US and can report the following:

29 - BG & P.USA in deadwax; poly-lined sleeve
    Follow The Lights - CB & P.USA in deadwax; poly-lined sleeve
    Cold Roses - CB & P.USA in deadwax; poly-lined sleeve
    Gold - CB & P.USA in deadwax; wax-lined paper sleeve
    Cardinology - CB & P.USA in deadwax; wax-lined paper sleeve

29 had a "Pallas" sticker on the front (see photos below). I ran these through my RCM and will listen to how 29 compares to my original US LP (crappy United pressing) tonight.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

So everyone who ordered from Amazon US since this thread started received the new pressings?

10. Senor Muddy

Senor Muddy Forum Resident

No.
    I ordered Gold and Cold Roses from Amazon USA, Cold Roses was CB/Pallas. Gold was the old United pressing needless to say Gold is going back

11. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Sorry to hear. Will they take it back once it's been opened?
    I've got one on its way to Australia...

12. Senor Muddy

Senor Muddy Forum Resident

Yes no problems
    In addition it wasn't double boxed like Cold Roses, so it got a little banged up as well. I didn't want to chance getting a replacement so I opted for a return. I'll try again in a month or so.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  13. battlervsthewar

battlervsthewar New Member

My copies of Gold And Cold Roses were CB/ P USA from Amazon. So who wants to update these new cuts on Discogs??

14. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Thanks, i think i'll wait a month before ordering, hopefully by then all the copies out there will be the new pressings.

15. MattyDC

MattyDC Forum Resident

Just received Cold Roses, Cardinology, and Gold via Amazon US. All had P. USA and CB markings. Only Cold Roses had the 180g Audiophile Pressing and the nicer poly/paper sleeves. The other two had only paper sleeves.

16. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

Just ordered Gold and Cold Roses

17. lesterbangs

lesterbangs Forum Resident

Yeah its a steal for the price. In terms of content and s.q.

18. ramdom

ramdom Hoarder Hearing

So pleased, this is the one I bought yesterday (Apr.8.17), sounds full, quiet, warm and clear. Jackpot. Saw the CB pressed on the run-out...Whew!

19. ramdom

ramdom Hoarder Hearing

Bummed on the ‘Gold’, as I got one on vinyl last year and 6 months later the Bellman/Pallus pressings reissue starts. Doh! Got a CB on ‘Cold Roses’ but jumped too fast on ‘Gold’, my fave Ryan Adams release...

20. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Any download vouchers with these?

21. ramdom

ramdom Hoarder Hearing

Same, same.

22. VeryVnl

VeryVnl Well-Known Member

Quoting myself...

After reading Max's reviews of Gold, Demolition and Cold Roses, I ordered both Gold & Demolition as Max reported he received the new 2017 pressings although amazon.com listed the original release date July 24, 2007. So dis I :righton:

As Max have pointed out, Demolition is definitely a new pressing and not the crappy URP pressing as the dead wax is missing the ⓤ symbol. It is weird that there is no P.USA which is the Pallas USA's identifier. It would be great if someone here can confirm where Demolition has been pressed...

Interesting website, you guys should check it out....

Johnny Wong likes this.
  23. Billy Bird

Billy Bird Forum Resident

This new version of 'Cold Roses' sounds great. Tried several copies of '29', but each had some clicks on tracks on side 2. Sounded good, mind you.

24. My impressions of the "Gold" CB re-cut: honestly I am a bit underwhelmed... it sounds wonderful but I suppose I expected more. Resolution sounds improved over the CD (unfortunately I do not have another vinyl version to compare this new one to) and individual tracks of guitars, organ, etc. stick out better but the soundstage on some tracks is smaller than what I imagined. My thought is that unless MOFI or Intervention gets their hands on this title and tapes (as they did with the "Love Is Hell" box) this will be the best version out there. Well pressed and on center, too. Definitely worth a pickup for 12-13 bucks!

25. tyler928

tyler928 Forum Resident

What's the verdict on these compared to prior pressings (specifically 29 as you mentioned)? Also, I can't find Gold on Amazon sold by Amazon...is it out of stock?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.