SACD in Europe a sad scene

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by floyd, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floyd

floyd Senior Member Thread Starter

I was just in Germany a few days and then London for a couple days. I was looking forward to getting some of the Hybrid SACDs but man selection is pretty bad.
    I was on the Picadilly Circus in London at the big Tower Records and even their selection was tiny. The prices were high enough to make me decide just to keep my redbook cds of The Police and buy the US single layer at home(plus Im weary about digipacks) . I found the Roxy Music sacd but decided to wait as it was about $35 and I figured I could do better buying from Red Trumpet.
    I did pick up the 2 Peter Gabriels I did not have, Birdy and Plays Live, both Hybrid and I found the Police Live Hybrid and in a super jewel case for about $17 in Germany (maybe it was mismarked)

So how do you guys in Europe buy your SACDs, over the internet?

Despite my sacd searches everything was great. London is such a cool city.

:)

2. Claude

Claude Senior Member

I usually shop at CDuniverse and Tower Records. Even with shipping ($10 for 3-4 SACDs) and customs tax (20%, but 0 most of the time) SACDs are cheaper than in european online stores (20-30 Euro), let alone local shops (which usually have only a handful of titles).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.