Sam Records: New Parisian Label specializing in jazz vinyl reissue.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sam records, Apr 18, 2012.

1. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

Cannot check label info nor browse for specific labels over there?

2. Of course, you can. It works like most other sites.

There is a "Manufacturer" area on the left. If you clicked my link, the words "sam records" should be in there. Click on them and you can choose another label.

If you click on the name of an individual record, its site opens up, where there is a lot of info about the record.

bibijeebies likes this.
  3. fitzrik

fitzrik Forum Resident

4. Sam records

Sam records Forum Resident Thread Starter

Dear Richard, Thanks for your message. My website has some trouble but i have sound fragments for each record. I try to resolve the trouble today with webmaster. I go back to you soon. All the best, Fred

fitzrik likes this.
  5. Sam records

No problem, i can send you a disk. Please send me your address. my email: [email protected] All the best, Fred

6. kt66brooklyn

kt66brooklyn Senior Member

Fred, Thanks! I will get in touch via email.

7. antielectrons

antielectrons Well-Known Member

I purchased Chet Baker Quartet – Barclay 84017 - 1956 from SAM records, it was warped so they sent me another copy. That was warped also so I sent them a video showing the warp.... They blamed my turntable and ended communication with me. I didn't buy any more LPs from them...

8. bibijeebies

Pretty bad from Fred, and how can he blame your turntable?

9. Sam records

Dear Antielectrons, Really sorry for this trouble. Where did you bought these copies? Please give your address and i'll send a new one.... All the best, Fred

10. bibijeebies

This thread is turning into a consumer manufacturer exchange thread!

11. antielectrons

OK. I will PM you. I purchased the LP from your ebay store...

12. happy2behere

happy2behere Forum Resident

Are all these reissues mono?

13. Sam records

Yes, off course. All have been recorded in mono. Best, Fred

14. happy2behere

happy2behere Forum Resident

Thanks Fred. Just got the Ronnell Bright and Chet Baker Quartet LPs, these are great. Looking forward to getting them all.

15. antielectrons

Just an update. Received a replacement LP from SAM Records and it is great. Super sound. Will buy again :)

AtlTrav likes this.
  16. drbebop1

drbebop1 New Member

Yes Fred, I did of course pick up the John Lewis/Sacha Distel...fantastic as usual!! Can't wait for the Miles and more Bobby Jaspar. Any chance of reissuing more great Barclay stuff? Or maybe SABA releases...Nathan Davis "Soul Eyes" or "The Hip Walk" or Tete Montoliu "Blues For Nuria" or Don Menza "Morning Song"....these are really expensive LPs from the SABA days...reissues aren't so bad but done rather poorly...not up to your standards so would be very welcome. The Nathan Davis items particularly. Thanks again Fred for all that you do. Greg

17. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

I just made my first order from your store this morning. I can't wait to get the records.

I bought "Miles Davis - Ascenseur pour l'échafaud" and "Barney Wilen - Jazz sur Seine" :)

Thank you for making these!

Joti Cover likes this.
  18. JoelWat

JoelWat Forum Resident

Ordered the Miles Davis, the re-pressed Chet Baker and the new Bobby Jaspar...merci Fred :)

Joti Cover likes this.
  19. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

Haha, yes placed my first order from Sam Records last week too, same two records. Listening to Jazz sur Seine now: brilliant sound. The Miles Davis is everything I could wish for, does make my Kevin Gray cut RSD Jazz Track sound dull and digital (as the source is).
    Recommended and get them while you can.

20. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

I had to buy all the rest available records from your store. Just finished paying for them. I can't wait. Luckily France is not that far away! :)

Dan Steele, Plan9 and Joti Cover like this.
  21. Michel Jazz

Michel Jazz Forum Resident

Does that mean there are more then 1000 copies printed of the Chet baker ?

22. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

My copy arrived this morning. Cool picture of Miles! Can't wait to play it later.

Michel Jazz likes this.
  23. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

Got my packet from Paris today! :goodie:

[​IMG]

I was also able to find the sold out Byrd in Paris Vol. 2 and Lester Young's Le Dernier Message de Lester Young from a German web store. Should have them here also this week. I can't wait. :cool:

24. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

I had time to listen to Afternoon in Paris and Chet Baker Quartet's 1955. One word, amazing.

I can't wait to get back home in the evening to listen to more of the albums. Beautiful, Fred, just beautiful. Thank you so much for these. :)

Sam records and JazzFanatic like this.
  25. Trevor_Bartram

Trevor_Bartram Senior Member

How does the sound quality of Afternoon In Paris compare with these other releases? The reason I ask I have the Koch HDCD (CD 8509) and tracks one and two are very noisey and I'd like to know if the Koch can be improved upon?