Sammy, Dean & Sinatra At The Summit

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by romanotrax, Feb 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romanotrax

romanotrax Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi Steve...

I have read all the praise for your work that goes on here but I just have to say WOW!!! I just got finished listening to this recording of the Rat Pack and I have to say GREAT F*&^%$G JOB!!!! Whe I heard Sammy sing "What Kind Of Fool Am I" I got goosebumps (not only because of the performance but it actually sounded like I was THERE!! I am a huge Sammy fan and you certainly did a wonderful job of capturing the warmth of being there. Any more Sammy in the works??

Thanks
    Bob

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the nice comments. I have to tell you, I worked like a sonofabit*ch on that one. Fun though, (if you can call listening to 60 hours of the Rat Pack fun)....

Any more Sammy? No, but possibly some more Sammy, Dean and Frank!

;)

3. McIntosh

McIntosh Forum Resident

Where can I find that recording ?

4. feinstein

feinstein Member

I also think the Summit CD was a great piece of work. The Jazz Hour double CD bootleg (from a different Villa Venice performance) was also fine sounding, so Steve obviously had very good master tapes to work from.

My only bitch is that DCC was supposed to release a 2 LP set of "The Summit" which would have been a been more complete performance, incorporating 20 minutes more (or so) of on-stage banter.

What happened to this 2 LP set? Did Steve ever master test copies of it? Will we ever see the material "missing" from the single CD issue?

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Yes,
    Yes
    and
    Yes!

6. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Well, since you are in Seattle like me: I happened to see a copy of this disc just this afternoon at the Silver Platters store near Northgate. It's filed in the Sinatra section. I think there might also still be a copy at the Tower Records on Mercer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.