Saturday Night Live (SNL) 2021-2022 47th Season Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

Cool. I try to avoid telling others that their tastes signify a "low bar" and their preferences are not "remotely good," as I don't see how that adds to the conversation.

2. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

And I checked out their albums on Amazon and quite a few of the songs are in Italian which I thought sounded Mexican/Spanish which I then thought they're name was taken from the slur form of Mexican which I won't repeat.

Now that's a whole other form of communication break down trying to find and buy new music.

3. Tim Lookingbill

It adds opinions to the conversation which is all we have to go by when we want to buy new music. The person you quoted would've offered more useful information if he provided more detail in why he didn't like the band. Positive or negative are both valid opinions.

Your response didn't add any information other than you didn't like what the person you quoted said. So now we all know a little more about you instead of the band being discussed.

4. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

My biggest complaint for this season is both Jason Sudeikis and Will Forte hosted at different times, but they didn't manage to bring back this bit. :shake:

dan c

BTW, loved the episode, and it was great having Forte's strange, weird and wonderful humor back again.

5. Tim Lookingbill

Agreed with Forte's strange sense of humor. Forte was on NBC's Seth Myers recently and both got to talking about their writing days on SNL and demonstrated how they'ld pass the time with a bout of writer's block by doing this routine of making each other "Break Character" to see who would win by staring at each other intently or doing something just gross or silly. They're doing this interview in a local restaurant and Forte gets right in Seth's face so close that he could kiss him but he never does and Seth stays in character as he's pushed on his back in the restaurant seat stall placed in an extremely awkward and emasculating position.

Hymie the Robot and Dan C like this.
  6. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

7. Hooodo Man

Hooodo Man Forum Resident

wonder if the blizzard will derail the show...

8. MikaelaArsenault

9. MikaelaArsenault

I hope that they don’t cancel the show because of it.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Cancellation is guaranteed. Surrounding parts of the tri-state area have been declared state of emergency.

"The nor’Easter storm will bring a major snowstorm and potential blizzard stretching from South Carolina to New England. The storm is predicted to form off the coast of the Carolinas on Friday and move north up the East Coast across the weekend. The storm has brought the East Coast its first blizzard warning in four years, according to NCBC. Airlines have canceled thousands of flights across the weekend as high winds and heavy snow are set to hit the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. Between 6-12 inches of snow is expected, with forecasters predicting some areas could see up to 1-2 feet of snow, the Wall Street Journal reports." - CBS, Philly.

Snowstorm hits parts of Tri-State; emergency declared for southern NJ

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  11. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

12. MikaelaArsenault

And I wouldn’t be surprised if they did end up canceling it.

Matthew Tate and LilacTeardrop like this.
  13. LilacTeardrop

Reading the article, a travel ban had been issued in '16, not a State of Emergency This 2022 storm: State of Emergency has been declared in a number of East Coast states, incl. New York.

Governor Hochul Declares State of Emergency Effective at 8 P.M. as Winter Storm Expected to Bring Heavy Snow and Strong Winds to Downstate Regions this Weekend

Winter Storm Kenan: Emergencies Declared in New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Rhode Island | The Weather Channel - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  14. LilacTeardrop

Stay safe @MikaelaArsenault & family. :hugs: It's been working up the coastline from the jetstream. Looks like Boston may get hit very hard & Maine. Here (in tri-state region), forecast has it continuing to 6:00 PM. At present, white-out conditions, as snow's falling & blowing. :sigh:

15. R79

R79 Forum Resident

Might as well just cancel the show and show the old Bob Saget ep as a "tribute".

16. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

I think Dua Lipa is the musical guest tonight. I was looking forward to her. I hope there's no cancellation.

17. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

No - Katy Perry tonight.

18. MikaelaArsenault

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. MikaelaArsenault

Thank you @LilacTeardrop. :hugs:

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  20. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

Well, I dare say they've dealt with a blizzard or two in their 46-plus years on the air!

I assume that Dafoe & probably Perry were already in NYC for rehearsals prior to the storm.

21. LilacTeardrop

Snowfall totals are differing depending on where one is located in tri-state area, sometimes even within same towns.
    I haven't been able to discover anything further about show. It is ironic though & rife for parody that this storm is named Winter Storm Kenan. If it's a go, you can bet the writers' are working that in! :winkgrin:

22. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Manhattan got less than a foot of snow today. The show will go on.

It was New England that got the 2-3 foot totals that are shutting things down.

23. brucewayneofgotham

brucewayneofgotham Forum Resident

solid , not as great as last week, but still some killer skits. Katy was solid.

24. MikaelaArsenault

25. MikaelaArsenault