„Seinfeld“ appreciation thread!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sgt. Abbey Road, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Sgt. Abbey Road

Sgt. Abbey Road Forum Resident Thread Starter

I‘m starting this thread because I think that „Seinfeld“ is one of the greatest TV shows ever! My appreciation for „Seinfeld“ started at the age of 14: I watched some episodes on TV and yada, yada, yada I love this series until today. Now I want to say that I‘m actually not the biggest fan of sitcoms because they mostly get very predictable over time. „Seinfeld“ is different: It‘s consistantly funny from start to finish! Yes, some episodes are better than others, but even the most boring „Seinfeld“ episode is funnier than 90% of the other stuff shown on TV. I even like the absurd end of the show. Summarized: „Seinfeld“ is my favourite series of all time! Now it‘s your turn: When did you see the show for the first time? What are your memories you have because of this series? I‘m looking forward to your posts:cool:

2. Speedmaster

Speedmaster We’re all walking through this darkness on our own

I think we already have one of these…

3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Speedmaster likes this.
  4. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

That's very succinct

5. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

We watch an episode nearly every night. When we go all the way through, we start over again. There is a short list for greatest TV comedy ever, and it certainly can make a case.

6. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

Seinfeld is my all-time favorite show. As I've gotten older I've really come to appreciate just how much it mirrors everyday life, from problems with the post office to the annoyance of dealing with doctors to annoying workplace interactions to the stress of dealing with other people. It's timeless and I find myself quoting and referencing it on a regular basis. We'll never have a show like it again.

TSWisla, Exonian, Paice and 9 others like this.
  7. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

It's on one of the cable channels I get and I see an episode or two almost everyday. We've started to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm and it's interesting to see the Larry David influence on Seinfeld. He likes to recycle some of the jokes he used on Seinfeld sometimes. Now that I've seen enough of Curb Your Enthusiasm I can pick out bits in Seinfeld that were probably written by Larry David.

8. Holler Wanderer

Holler Wanderer Too much of everything is just enough

I was a late bloomer to this show, never watching it until last year while in my mid-thirties. I couldn't believe what I had been missing all those years.

TSWisla, Paice, Matthew Tate and 4 others like this.
  9. Phil12

Phil12 Radiant Radish

Let me put it this way. TinTin was there to guide me through my childhood years.
    Seinfeld was there to guide me through my years of "ah, forget about growing up after all". :D

10. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I'm constantly amazed at the number of experiences I have or people I know have of which I can say, "There was a Seinfeld episode about that!"

11. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

For me seasons 3-5 are pretty much all gold. The rest of them are hit and miss.
    Some episodes of the last two seasons I really dislike (Junk Mail, Reverse Peephole...others). Then right after one of those is solid gold like The Cartoon.

12. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

"Serenity now... Insanity later", Festivus for the rest of us... The Costanza family gotta be the most dysfunctional family that ever existed on TV (the Bundies comes close).

theMess, LarsO, Vic_1957 and 3 others like this.
  13. Sgt. Abbey Road

Sgt. Abbey Road Forum Resident Thread Starter

:biglaugh:

14. Riktator

Riktator Surfer of the Audio Waves

TV alchemy where everything came together greater than the sum of the parts. Other than Jerry, try imaging the show missing just one of the other players, or Larry David for that matter. The mini-reunion on Curb was a sweet reminder.

theMess and Sgt. Abbey Road like this.
  15. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I love the later episodes when they would weave 4 different funny plots like a magician. The show has to have the most iconic dialogue lines of any sitcom ever! “Oh i mentioned the bisque”. :)

Exonian, carlsonics, theMess and 5 others like this.
  16. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

We actually incorporated an Airing of the Grievances into our Chtistmas celebration.

17. GregM

GregM The expanding man

What about feats of strength?

18. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Saw it from the beginning, mainly due to an HBO Special of his, a year or so earlier I think.

The series had aspects of Diner and Tin Men, conversational give and take, discussion of the minutiae of the day.

Soon, every Friday morning at work was the water cooler thing, and after “The Contest”, everyone was on board.

Seinfeld moments occur daily, and characters as well.

I had a friend who I called a “Slow Responder”, ask a question and just when you’d think to repeat it, because you thought he didn’t hear it, he would respond.

I agree that it’s the best sitcom, and Barney Miller, runner up.

Exonian, theMess and Sgt. Abbey Road like this.
  19. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

20. Holler Wanderer

Holler Wanderer Too much of everything is just enough

He...took it out

21. GregM

GregM The expanding man

“He took what out?”
    “It.”
    “He took it out?”
    “Yessiree Bob.”
    “He couldn’t.”
    “He did.”

22. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

For Christmas, I got my girlfriend a shirt that said "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Dan

23. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Best comedy in television history, by a wide distance.

My namesake enjoys the kudos.

I'm sorry, the card says Moops.

24. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

Exonian, BoogieFish, theMess and 8 others like this.
  25. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

It had been couple years since I watched it, randomly watched "The Puffy Shirt" a few weeks ago. Was laughing like I had never seen it before

Exonian, theMess, 905 and 1 other person like this.