Seville Records Question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jgrig0, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgrig0

jgrig0 Active Member Thread Starter

Was the Seville record label (Marcie Blaine, Ernie Maresca) a subsidiary of London Records or was it Laurie Records? I'm pretty sure that it was London but thought I'd check with the experts. I believe Hi Records was also a London label.

2. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

I believe Seville was a subsidiary of Laurie Records. I believe Hi Records was distributed by London...not 100% on all of this.

Bob :confused:

3. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

According to the 8th paragraph of these notes for Ace's 2000 Ernie Maresca - The Original Wanderer CD, Seville was "a small New York label" ... here is an interesting site about Marcie Blank (aka Blaine) ... and here is a CD of her Seville recordings ...

4. W.B.

W.B. The Collector's Collector

I.I.N.M., Seville was distributed by London. One factor was how the label copy was arranged: At 9 o'clock, the "Pub:", followed by the publisher and licensee, the time and matrix number; at 3 o'clock, the catalogue number; and at the bottom of the rest of the info, the "Made in U.S.A." printed thereon. Hi was distributed by London between c.1959-60 and 1977.

Contrast this with Laurie and Rust releases: At 9 o'clock, "RECORD NO.", followed by catalogue number, music publisher and licensee; at 3 o'clock, "Time: ____" and matrix number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.