Sgt. Pepper 40th Anniversary - June 1, 2007!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pawnmower, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinylNutz

VinylNutz Active Member

I'm going to play my original UK mono pressing :righton:

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

OK guys, it seems there things being thrown all over the place here. Are we talking about the original Sgt. Peppers album, the gawd-awfull soundtrack from the late 70s, the Beatles' CD, or what? I have not heard a thing about any of them except through discussion of Apple/EMI's plan to remaster all of the Beatles' catalog SOON.

3. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Yes, my lovely wife Rita and I will be throwing a massive party. The Hendersons will all be there, as will our children Vera, Chuck and Dave. We'll all be dressed in day-go military outfits.

I will be facing backwards, of course.

4. DjBryan

DjBryan New Member

Ive been having a Sgt. Pepper week. Yesterday my daughter and I went for lawn stuff, we put mono Pepper in cd player and and Loved every second it. Great to hear a four year old sing, Sauce and Peppers only hearts club band.
    I L O V E Mono needle drop!!!!!

5. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Why would we be talking about the 40th anniversary of the soundtrack from the late '70's? :confused:

6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Because we're COO-COO for Beatles!!!:D

7. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

:laugh: True....but wouldn't we be more apt to "celebrate" that in 2018? :winkgrin:

8. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Grant, the CD was released on the 20th anniversary of the release of the album.

9. Grant

I am aware of that. But, early in this thread, there were a lot of posts that alluded to different stuff. Thank you.

Now:

Is this a CD, SACD, hybrid, or someone joking around?

Is this mono and stereo, mono, or just stereo?

Will this feature new mastering or the same old one?

Will it come out commercially tomorrow or Thursday in the U.S.?

Will there be deluxe packaging and/or extra tracks?

I do not follow every single Beatles thread on this forum, so I apparently missed this news.

10. erocky

erocky Senior Member

Sad that the 40th birthday of perhaps popular music's finest 40 minutes will come and go without so much as a whisper. Piss poor I'm afraid. Where in the world is the UK mono of this sucker and why on earth is it not on cd yet? And no, Dr ebbetts is no substitute, sorry to say! God I wish that I did not love this band so much. Why can't I love the Beach Boys as much? Lord knows I have tried.

11. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Grant, nothing is coming out.

12. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I actually think you've missed a LOT of Beatle threads. ;)

13. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

Correct! June 1st is my birthday and also that of my (6 years) younger brother :)
    I was 13 when Pepper was released - now you know my age !!

JohnnyH

14. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

The day a Pepper remaster is announced, you wont miss it, believe me. There will be nothing but Beatles/Sgt Pepper threads on this forum.

Again, everyone swearing on their mother's grave that we would see something for the anniversary is wrong again.

Its getting old.

15. Grant

Thank you.

BTW, Dr. Ebbitts does not have the best needle drops. I have better ones done by a couple of forum members.

16. Jay F

Jay F New Member

It was a joke. Or sarcasm.

People hoping for remastered Beatles CDs hoped that on this, the 40th anniversary of the Sgt. Pepper LP, and the 20th anniversary of the CD, TPTB would at least announce remastered Beatles on some form of physical media.

Since we haven't heard anything, and the anniversaries are but three and four days away, I assume no such Beatles remasters are forthcoming.

17. Grant

I was confused BASED on the previous announcements of a remastered Beatles CD catalog campaign, and EMI supposedly upping their file quality and offering the Beatles on iTunes this month, neither of which has yet happened. There's only a few more hours left til the month's over...

18. Bobo U2

Bobo U2 Active Member

Just think...if you had just posted twice in every Beatles thread, you'd be well over 100k posts. ;)

19. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

There's a lot of that going on. :angel:

DVD-A 5.1 coming up. :whistle:

20. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport New Member

I am going to dust off my ancient JC Penney's turntable, flip the belt, and play my 70's era Parlophone in reverse to listen for more clues regarding Paul's death.

21. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

:laugh:

:shh: OPP secret.

22. Marty Milton

Marty Milton Senior Member

I distinctly remember when the album was first released in 1967. I saw it in a record store display when I was in Washington, DC on my high school Senior trip. Wow, I can't believe it has been 40 years for both events.

23. Chanty Stovall

Chanty Stovall Senior Member

Ditto. :edthumbs:

24. johmbolaya

johmbolaya Active Member

I feel we should also celebrate the introduction of pepper to the Western world.

25. Chris.

Chris. Forum Resident

(ACHOO)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.