Silo- new Apple science fiction series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by wayneklein, May 8, 2023.

1. Amnion

Amnion Forum Occupant

This could be one that the week between episodes is detrimental.

cowboy72 likes this.
  2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

As mentioned by @Bachtoven the premise is completely different, but it's another show where you try to put together pieces of a quirky puzzle, where things are not as they seem.

cowboy72 and Bobby Morrow like this.
  3. mds

mds Forum Resident

Certainly a mystery movie with a number of mysteries to solve which I’m sure all lead to the main mystery as brought out in episode 1, is it safe to go outside or not?

My guess, yes it is safe and an elite society is living outside keeping the Silo society slaves through ignorance because they are being used to run the energy and systems the outdoor elite society requires to live a life style of leisure.

Just a guess after watching three episodes but now if one enjoys the series you will need to follow the unraveling of a few deaths/murders to get to the main event. My wife and I are enjoying so I’m sticking with it.

The new sheriff in town is an odd ball and most people when first encountering her don’t like her, seems the same with some people watching the series, so her acting is working but maybe hurting the ratings. For me as she becomes more familiar and comfortable in her new surroundings she becomes more like able, at least for me. I think this is a show that will grow on you as more of the story unravels.

4. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Enjoyed episode 5. You do have to keep your head on this show, though. It’s not one you can tune in and out of.:D

cowboy72, Leadfeather and RSteven like this.
  5. MikeMusic

MikeMusic Forum Resident

We didn't like it
    Nothing special for us

6. Bobby Morrow

It’s quite slow, and I feel the murders storylines are being unnecessarily drawn out. I do wonder how many more people will go ‘over the rail’ too.:D

But I’ll stick with it till the end of the series.

Jeff Yerkey and RSteven like this.
  7. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

I’m enjoying this so far, well acted and they’re taking their time setting things up, anyone know how many episode there will be ?

cowboy72, Leadfeather and RSteven like this.
  8. Bobby Morrow

10 in this series.

cowboy72, GeetarFreek and RSteven like this.
  9. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Episode 6, finally getting a bit better!

cowboy72 and RSteven like this.
  10. Bobby Morrow

I do get confused with these random people who are connected with the various murders. You’ve never seen them before and suddenly they’re involved and getting lots of screen time. Then they vanish!

I want to like Silo, but it’s sluggish and not interesting or exciting a lot of the time.

As I’ve said before, the first episode was by far the best.

SamS, RSteven and Stencil like this.
  11. GeetarFreek

I’m just really enjoying this show, each week another layer is revealed it’s very interesting

cowboy72, Leadfeather and mds like this.
  12. Looks interesting.

cowboy72 likes this.
  13. Bottjer713

Bottjer713 Forum Resident

Agreed. I just watched the first episode and was intrigued by it.

After the endings of Succession, Barry and Ted Lasso, I'm going to give this and Severance a chance to fill the void left by those three excellent shows.

14. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Severance is one of the greatest TV shows of all time, IMHO. I’ve watched it twice and I’ll watch it again soon. I couldn’t get through the second episode of Silo. I was just bored.

cowboy72, Jeff Yerkey and Bottjer713 like this.
  15. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

cowboy72 and Leadfeather like this.
  16. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Haven't started this yet. I don't have a lot of patience for sci fi, but sometimes it resonates. Maybe I'll try Severance first.

cowboy72 and RSteven like this.
  17. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

I think that may be a wise decision on your part. I just looked up the reviews on RT of Severance. Wow, that sounds very interesting. I got though a few Silo episodes and I may still finish it. It started out really interesting, but to me it got very mundane and boring as time went on.

cowboy72 and Leviethan like this.
  18. mds

mds Forum Resident

This past week’s episode was pretty good with some events that hint that we are getting close to the end of the season. It can go two ways if there is enough enthusiasm for a second season; wrap it up and still leave an opening for another season or keep a bunch of loose ends open and head to the new season. Some how I think most shows unless identified as a limited series hope for that second season and write for that course. I don’t know if there are rumors yet that this show has enough positive reviews for a renewal and will continue on or not, anyone know?

cowboy72 and Leadfeather like this.
  19. Bobby Morrow

There’s definitely a second season for Silo.

cowboy72 and mds like this.
  20. Bobby Morrow

I’ve been watching City On Fire on Apple+.

It’s not great. Watchable enough, though. Moves faster than Silo.:D

For some reason I assumed City was a limited series. Watching the finale last week, I realised I was wrong as they were a fair few loose ends to tie up.

Now, I don’t know how popular City On Fire has been, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s not renewed. If so, that’s a shame.

I think we need more limited series on TV now. There’s far too many shows being spun out just for the sake of it.

21. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

I've enjoyed Silo (Wool), if interested in reading the first few chapters, you can do so over at Amazon. I bought the book for Kindle on sale for $2. It still may be on sale.

22. GeetarFreek

Another great episode, nice cliffhanger…..

Tim Robbins character is fun too

cowboy72, forthlin and Leadfeather like this.
  23. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Funny how I never realized just how tall Tim Robbins is, until I watched Silo.

forthlin and GeetarFreek like this.
  24. Jeff Yerkey

Jeff Yerkey Any Format You Like

This show frustrates the hell out of us! Started with so much promise in the first 3 eps.
    Now it has slowed to a crawl with the actual aspects of the Silo being virtually nowhere to be found. it’s a whodunnit. Plus every single male character is either weak or a sadistic dictator.
    I love Rebecca Ferguson but she is playing Jules so one-note that it’s aggravating.
    Now we just want to get through it and be done.
    A shame.

RSteven likes this.
  25. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I started with Silo over the weekend and could not stop watching, I'm all caught up and awaiting the next two eps. For those familiar with the books, does the story line come to resolution, or are we left guessing what this whole scheme is? I'd love to kick around some theories with what's happening with other fans, but don't want to run the risk of spoilers here.

cowboy72 and Morpheus like this.