“Sing and Dance with Frank Sinatra” 70th Anniversary LP and Hybrid SACD from Impex Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bob F, Aug 31, 2020.

1. George P

George P Notable Member

Juggsnelson likes this.
  2. stevelucille

stevelucille Forum Resident

I think this thread may have set a Steve Hoffman forum record of some sorts. It's up to 24 pages now and I don't think there is one negative comment! To have universal praise from this very demanding crowd is something very rare and special. Shows what a great job was done in all facets of this project. Congratulations to all involved.

3. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

alanbeat and George P like this.
  4. George P

George P Notable Member

No problem. :wave:

Originally, it was listed to ship in December, so I can see why you (or anyone else) would be expecting it to have shipped by now.

5. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

AS just put Sing and Dance on backorder status. I am so glad I didn't sleep on this one. I would not hesitate on this record if anyone else has it in stock right now.

Swann36 and Granata Chuck like this.
  6. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

It really speaks to the quality of this release.

7. Today I received 1575/3000.

Sadly my copy isn't perfect but it's very good sound. Side 1 is dished very noticeably but it doesn't affect play. I also noticed some hissing / whooshing sounds in the right channel during the intros and inbetween tracks. Again it's nothing major as it doesn't detract from the music. I also have a small split in the centre of the gatefold caused by the corner of the booklet poking through. It is quite a tight fit. None of these issues are deal breakers but I'm a bit disappointed not to receive the perfection others have described nonetheless.

The package is very nice overall on par with the more recent Analogue Productions reissues.

8. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Steve, please request a replacement copy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2021
    George P and SteveM like this.
  9. Prompted by your suggestion I have asked the retailer if I can exchange it?

As I said it's not a deal breaker as it's no worse than 95% of new vinyl records I've received over the past 10 years but maybe I'm just getting a bit blase about what to expect and have lowered expectations now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2021
    Swann36 likes this.
  10. Granata Chuck

Granata Chuck Forum Resident

Hi Steve!

You should definitely contact your dealer in the UK (wherever you bought it) and ask for a replacement. Every disc pressed is unique; I'm sure this was an anomaly...Chuck

Arknine and SteveM like this.
  11. rpd

rpd Senior Member

SACD is your friend!

ggjjr and Simon A like this.
  12. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

The SACD arrived today from Elusive Disc, after 10 days. Gonna listen in the morning.

paulmock likes this.
  13. G E

G E Senior Member

i just stumbled across this thread. How did I
    Miss this?

order to be placed immediately if not sooner!

maybe show up same day as my preamp upgrade!

MMM likes this.
  14. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

I got my SACD yesterday here in the U.K. just two days after I ordered it. I’m over the moon with it. Fantastic work well done and thank you to all. my vinyl has just arrived this morning and the Quality of product is outstanding, orgasmatic even!
    the full size spot varnished booklet alone is better than some full books I’ve read.
    This is the way to do it.
    peace and love✌Dave

jtsjc1, CBackley, RSteven and 2 others like this.
  15. MondoFanM

MondoFanM Member from ATX

This has been on my Amazon list but sold out. Jumped on Elusive Disc. I need to order more from them.

I discovered IMPEX with Drum Suite back in 2015. haven’t really been keeping up with their releases besides Legrand Jazz. I think I have some holes to fill.

scotti and RSteven like this.
  16. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

We're so glad you love it, Dave! Much thanks.

Beaneydave likes this.
  17. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Listening for the umpteenth time tonight and during this listening to Side 1 I was amazed at the clarity of the bass thru each big band arrangement. It says a lot about microphone placement to get that one instrument to come thru so clearly. (Of course, times that by the total number of instruments, I know.) But this time around I really took a trip on a big ol’ bass fiddle! It was fun.

18. drpmc130

drpmc130 Forum Resident

Does anyone have any insight if IMPEX will release more Sinatra? I rec’d my copy yesterday and it is just a pleasure to listen. I guess I’m greedy cause I want more

19. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Here are Chuck Granata's comments on the matter from a few posts back...

20. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

We're so glad you like it, Dr!

21. hattrick15

hattrick15 Forum Resident

Just listed to Side A with my 22 year old daughter. She is an old soul and loves Frank. She is taking the political situation in the US very hard right now. She was angry all day and wasn’t speaking to anyone in our house. We finally had a good long talk about the unrest and then I showed her the album that just came today. After we played the first side, a smile had returned to her face. It was amazing to see the positive impact of a 71 year old recording! The quality of the mastering, pressing, and packaging is off the charts.

22. Swann36

Swann36 A widower finding solace in music

It is amazing what power music has over our emotions ..it can be a mood enhancer no doubt about that

...i read i think on Steve Huff's site he calls his listening time "mood adjustment time" and i've found that to be very true ... as has i'm glad to see your daughter did too

23. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

We're so glad you and your daughter love it, hattrick!

RSteven and Simon A like this.
  24. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

@hattrick15 Truer words were never spoken re: music soothing the savage beast. To hear it had such a positive impact on your daughter warms my heart.

Here's my current "go to" story re: this subject. Not too long ago I was having an unsure day. (While I am still employed, my hrs. have been severely cut and I am on unemployment for the first time in my long life as well as receiving food assistance. But I AM making it and am in a much better situation than millions of others for which I am thankful. Yet, the uncertainty of the future unknown continues to wear me down from time to time). That said, it was cocktail hour which usually soothes the savage beast(s) of the day. I picked out a newly purchased 2LP from the current batch of splendid Blue Note reissues Brian Blade Fellowship to play. I'd played it only once before but remembered that for some reason Side 3 was most relaxing. It is not the type of jazz I normally listen to but this 1998 recording does speak to me. so I played side 3...TWICE and I found myself completely and totally relaxed and (for the moment) carefree. It was a very good feeling. I was in a very good place.

And certainly, this newly released gem of Sing & Dance is great for shakin' the blues away!!!!

ggjjr, jtsjc1, CBackley and 4 others like this.