Siouxsie & The Banshees vinyl reissues 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Jan 27, 2017.

1. SCOTT1234

SCOTT1234 Senior Member

Totally agree. Those two songs ( paradise place and eve white/ eve black) sound so good. Would love to see more but who knows where that footage is now.

2. m300

m300 Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure this was a Granada or Yorkshire TV production, not BBC. Directed by Stuart Orme, who did a lot of work for Granada (as well as JD's Love Will Tear Us Apart film/video).

dezz likes this.
  3. dezz

dezz Forum Resident

I do love the Rock Goes To College gig, mainly for the complete silence that greets the opening bass notes of Nightshift. Never heard that again!

4. dezz

dezz Forum Resident

Arrived this afternoon and I must say it is a very pretty shade of blue. Didn't realise it's a 40th anniversary edition of 1000 though, and the cover is infinitely improved on the last one that came out - so why couldn't they get it right the first time? Baffling.

latheofheaven likes this.
  5. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident

I have a copy on the way. With shipping from the UK, the cost came to just over $26.

dezz and latheofheaven like this.
  6. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

I just re-listened to The Scream... fxxk me what a corker. A wolf in sheep's clothing (the sheep being the crapola artwork quality). I think this and the 2012 analogue Bowie Ziggy vinyl are the best non original LPs I've ever heard. Oh and The Beatles mono 2014s.

Anyone still pondering...BUY IT!

7. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I just preordered the last 4 reissues and it will be nice to have complete collection.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Ben Adams and latheofheaven like this.
  8. dezz

dezz Forum Resident

I'm now wondering.... how likely is it that all subsequent albums will be having a 40th anniversary limited pressing? I played this on Friday and it sounds excellent, but what I love most of all is the colour, that sets off the typeface perfectly. So, if this is a "thing", what might we expect? Join Hands is a shoo-in for white vinyl, Kaleidoscope screams for a multi-coloured splatter.... Juju's been done.. but what of Dreamhouse?
    I've got some wallpaper, printed with a fine, slightly metallic leaf pattern which is either a vibrant green or copper, depending on which side of the room you are standing. Whatever they used to get that effect, would be astounding pressed into vinyl.

Just a thought.

9. Scott Davies

I just got The Scream blue vinyl, and I can tell you the sleeve is 1000x better looking than the black vinyl edition. Very nice shade of blue too! I did see the reissues of Dreamhouse and Tinderbox in a store the other day and I thought they were atrocious looking. Dreamhouse is very dark and all subtle detail is now BLACK, while the solid colors on Tinderbox were all streaky. I saw no reason to buy either of them.

10. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

One of the best debut albums ever. By anyone.

11. Pavol Stromcek

Pavol Stromcek Senior Member

I don't know, I have both an original UK Polydor Dreamhouse and the reissue, and I don't find the difference to be anywhere near as extreme as you do. It's mostly that the black background on the reissue that frames Siouxsie's mirror image is blacker so that you can't make out the wisps of hair protruding from the top of her head. While it's not 100% perfect, I really don't think it's that bad at all, and nowhere near as egregious as what they did to The Scream and Juju.

Here they are for comparison, with the reissue on the left (note that I've kept the shrink-wrap on the reissue, which made it look a bit hazier by comparison in the photo):

[​IMG]

zphage, Ben Adams and latheofheaven like this.
  12. Scott Davies

Looking at your photos, it also reminded me that I didn't like the digital grainy look that you can see on Budgie's cheek at the transition between dark and light. They just seemed to do too much contrast on the whole sleeve. I just know they can do better, the updated Scream sleeve proves that. BTW, I didn't think JuJu looked that bad, at least on my gold vinyl edition.

13. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

14. m300

m300 Forum Resident

15. Pavol Stromcek

Yeah, there is a bit of graininess in the facial colors, mostly noticeable on the shadow on Budgie, but I still think that overall the Dreamhouse reissue really isn't bad.

But Juju, to me, looks pretty strange. As I know I've mentioned like a broken record earlier in this thread, the reissue has this blurry, glare-y quality that you can see on the shredded pieces of sheet music.

Here's a photo of them side by side, with the reissue on the left and a US PVC first pressing on the right (I don't have a UK Polydor for this one):

[​IMG]

The sheet music on the PVC pressing is quite clear, but on the reissue it looks like someone smudged vaseline over it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  16. Scott Davies

Ironically, it looks like the Juju reissue could use more contrast. I will pull out my UK original and compare it to my gold reissue when I get home. I'm curious now.

17. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

It's true, Juju's cover got bollocksed by someone. But then, most of the time it's sandwiched between other LPs in my collection, and the reissue sounds incredible, so....

18. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Just catching up but saw 12/21 for the next batch if reissues in the US.

I am VERY in.

19. Bangster

Bangster Active Member

[​IMG]

The Rapture 2018 on double vinyl out on friday 14 December in the uk along with Kaleidoscope, Hyaena, & Peepshow
    Side a:
    # O Baby
    # Tearing Apart
    # Stargazer
    # Fall From Grace

Side b:
    # Not Forgotten
    # Sick Child
    # The Lonely One
    # Falling Down

Side c:
    # The Rapture

Side d:
    # Forever
    # The Double Life
    # Love out Me

The running order of tracks is the same except 'The Rapture' is extracted and placed on its own on side 3.

Siouxsie and The Banshees: The Rapture. On vinyl.
    Recordstore.co.uk - Recordstore Day, every day. CDs, Vinyl, Merchandise, Signed Exclusives, Exclusive Vinyl Releases

20. Scott Davies

Severin posted a few days ago that EverAfter is now back to being more than just a video collection. He said LP, CD, DVD and Blu-ray. Not a big box but individual releases. No release window mentioned but I guess it means the vinyl reissues of Once and Twice are now scrapped, which would make sense. But then after all the years this release has been hyped in one format or another, I will believe it when I see it.

dezz likes this.
  21. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Please Remind me what that comp was supposed to be again. Was it all the 7" single A-sides? As much as I love Once and Twice albums, neither one strictly adhered to the correct versions (or even songs!).

22. Pavol Stromcek

Totally! I never understood why Once Upon a Time omits "Mittageisen," since it was a double A-side with "Love in a Void," nor do I understand why it includes "Mirage," which was not a single.

noahjld, JeffMo and latheofheaven like this.
  23. Scott Davies

Can't say for sure. Severin was originally asking people years ago if they wanted it to be all the single versions. You of course had the dopes who said they wanted the full version of Dazzle even though the single mix had never been on CD before. Then there were others like myself that wanted it to be all the original single versions chronologically, and hopefully including The File live 7" from 1983. We never got confirmation of what the final decision was because the project has changed shape more than The Thing. It was originally going to be a 2CD+DVD set, and has only mutated back and forth from there.

24. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Arghhh I want Once Upon A Time grrrrr

25. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Even if they botch the artwork?