Siouxsie & The Banshees vinyl reissues 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

I hope your dad is OK, man!

patient_ot and latheofheaven like this.
  2. theghostinyou

theghostinyou Forum Resident

True! I forgot about that. It definitely does sound out of place on the album lol

3. theghostinyou

The original U.K pressing is on its way to me. I would rather have that :)

4. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

I understand you are still new to vinyl collecting and the idea of having multiple copies of the same album probably still seems alien or a little off to you. Most of us started like that. :angel:

"Superstition" was in fact - so far - the only Siouxsie album I bought as remaster even though I already had an original. The double vinyl just seemed tempting.:goodie:

5. theghostinyou

Awesome. Superstition will probably always be my favourite though Juju comes close. I know they are totally different musically but yeah.
    Also when I was listing my favourite songs from superstition I failed to mention I much prefer the eclipse mix of shadowtime over the album version ;) that gorgeous new wave intro is just irresistible

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  6. theghostinyou

You are exactly right. Plus I'm a broke college student so getting doubles isn't in my mind right now lol. :rolleyes:

patient_ot and Neonbeam like this.
  7. theghostinyou

Am I the only one who thinks siouxsie is actually singing "shimbo, glimbo, shimbo on me" on silver waterfalls!? :biglaugh:

8. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Thank you kindly Ben, I really appreciate that. However, they just moved him up to the 'final' floor, so I don't think it will be long now. However, he was extremely fit and healthy at 91 right up until he fell about 5 months ago, so I'm thankful.

Best wishes to the families of your friends too...

9. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Nah, that's a Cocteau Twins lyric.

c-eling, Squiggsy68, Krzych and 5 others like this.
  10. theghostinyou

:laughup: actually!? Lol

11. theghostinyou

Btw does anybody on this thread have the 7" stargazer single? Seems to be a rarity. Doesn't look like a 12" was released of either the rapture singles.

12. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Not related to your question on the 7" Vinyl, but since you are a Fan, I was just looking up on Discogs and saw that the 'At the BBC' 3CDs/DVD Box Set is available from a Few Sellers at a decent price.

Now the Box Set of B-Sides, 'Downside Up' is going for over $100 for a few Mint Copies(I assumed are not New/Sealed). Of course if you do not have a CD Player, then these Box sets might not interest you, but thought I would give you a heads up on them. I had not checked Ebay though.

13. theghostinyou

Thank you for letting me know. Downside Up I have on spotify and the Bsides I like the most I have already or plan to get the respective 7" or 12" singles they are on. As for live at the BBC I will see. I've seen the DVD portion on YouTube before :agree:

14. theghostinyou

My most desired release would be a professional live recording of the spectacular avant-garde Peepshow tour (I remember some chatter from Severin about it years ago) but I know it will probably never happen. I'd pay a fortune to get my hands on an excellent quality copy though :yikes:

15. dezz

dezz Forum Resident

It was quite spectacular, the one and only time they really went all-out on a stage set. And before mobiles/cameras too, so the few clips that do exist are all the more tantalising. I saw it twice, including Liverpool's Royal Court theatre - diddy, but ridiculously ornate. Siouxsie was in formidable voice too; off the fags and in the gym by all accounts. I'd sell a kidney to see footage of the entire concert - if indeed, any exists.

16. TheSeldomSeenKid

I have not played the Nocturne DVD in awhile, but like it. I own way too many Music Releases on BluRay and DVD to even get time to watch them. I end up watching a few of the MUSE Concerts the most though, and glad I finally got to see them on their Simulation Theory Tour last month(although that Album was one of their Weaker ones, the Setlist still included enough of their Best Songs from their 2nd-4th Albums to make it worth it for me). The Steven Wilson 'Home Invasion'(Royal Albert Hall) is my favorite recent BluRay Concert, but I saw him on that Tour as love his 'To The Bone' Album.

17. TheSeldomSeenKid

Glad those Songs are on Spotify so everyone can access them without buying the Box Set, but I am a Collector at Heart, and love all of my Music Box Sets. Think I play the Echo & the Bunnymen 'Crystal Days' Box Set the most. My Wish would be to have Peter Gabriel Release a Massive Box Set with all of his B-Sides and Unreleased Songs. I think BLUR did a Box Set the Best with 18 CDs with 7 Albums having a 2nd CD of B-Sides, Alternative Versions and Live Versions, and another 4 CDs of the same, and 3 DVDs of Concerts(but should have been on BluRay, as it was only released about 5-6 years ago-IIRC, and DVDs seem obsolete).

JeffMo likes this.
  18. theghostinyou

There actually is a video of the entire show on YouTube but the quality isn't great. And yes it was spectacular as you say between the epic new rendition of Red Light, Rhapsody performed in all its theatrical glory, the cool light effects throughout the show particularly in Spellbound, Siouxsie's cat ears/tail while her shadow was the only image that appeared in Cat Walk just to name a few. Even by today's standards it would be an impressive show!

dezz and latheofheaven like this.
  19. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

I happened to have a chance to see that. It was quite amazing, and needless to say Siouxsie lookcd frigg'n ROCK'n!!! [​IMG]

theghostinyou likes this.
  20. theghostinyou

Guys I've been bopping hard to Sleepwalking lately. I have no idea why this wasn't an A-side. It's single worthy. New wave perfection

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Pavol Stromcek likes this.
  21. dezz

dezz Forum Resident

The Brixton one? It's about the best/longest footage I've seen so far, but it's barely in focus for much of the time - unless I need new glasses....

22. theghostinyou

Yes exactly. There's better footage of the superstition concert

23. theghostinyou

In fact I think Carousel has officially taken Rhapsody's place as my favourite song off Peepshow. I never realized how good the lyrics were until now and think there might be a deeper and darker meaning then it just being about a child on a carousel.

24. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Superstition is currently $18.16 at Amazon. I received my copy today (on Siouxsie’s birthday!) and I’m listening to it now. Sounds really good! Dead quiet vinyl so far...

Happy Birthday Siouxsie Sioux!

GentleSenator, Neonbeam and Ben Adams like this.
  25. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Listening to my Canadian copy of the Scream right now. Other than the inclusion of HKG, which the band didn't want, I don't hear anything wrong with it. Certainly not "dreadful". The guitars slash and the rhythm section is appropriately weighty. As I've said before, this is far from my favorite Banshees album, but this pressing sounds fine.

Perhaps @jimod99 got a bad one, a used one with groove wear, or whatever.