Sleeve City code?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by edb15, Jan 17, 2022.

1. edb15

edb15 Senior Member Thread Starter

The email I had for Sleeve city went south a while ago. Are there any current discounts? I need some inner sleeves.

2. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

Not Sleeve City, but Hudson HiFi has 500 lined rice paper inner sleeves for 75 right now. Free shipping and Welcome10 gets you ten percent off.

Channel Z and uzn007 like this.
  3. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Sleeve City has, like many other businesses, had problems keeping items in stock.
    The Ultimate Inners that I prefer are OOS again, due next month I think.
    As long as this situation continues, I doubt they will run any promotions.
    Just a hunch and I hope I am wrong!

marcb likes this.
  4. hype

hype Forum Resident

You're probably right for sure, they can't even keep up with current orders over the last year at least so there's really no incentive for them to run any promotions. I'd love to be wrong and stock up again on outer sleeves especially but it's not looking too great for the near future at least.

5. MikePortly

MikePortly Well-Known Member

Still waiting on an order of outer sleeves too which they said is backordered until February. It's now March...

6. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

7. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

TOVAG15 worked for me for 15% on sleeve city

8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Interesting.

I just got an email notification yesterday that they expect supply to come in soon and my backorder (from about 6 weeks ago) will get filled.

superstar19 and Dignan2000 like this.
  9. I reached out to Sleeve City via email last Wednesday 3/9 before placing an order, they said the sleeves arrived CA but held up due to COVID and freight congestion. They hope to have them in stock and shipping in the next 1-2 weeks.

10. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Good to hear. Hopefully they'll be able to maintain a steady supply. I like the sleevecity inners slightly better than the amazon ones I've been using when backordered.

11. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I wouldn’t hold my breath. I could be wrong, but their inventory seems like it’s manufactured in batches these days - with in stock and back-ordered items playing hopscotch. This is at least the second time I’ve gone through a lengthy back-order drill for some items.

And honestly, it was like that sometimes even long before any of the global issues were a thought.

12. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Great deal. Just ordered a 500 set of inner sleeves. Thanks.

13. hype

hype Forum Resident

Appreciate the heads up on the discount! Very surprised to see one pop up but glad to be wrong and i'm pretty sure I never got an email or anything from them about it. Looks like they do not offer "free" samples anymore and you have to pay for them now which is a shame as that was always a nice little extra.

I'm just gonna stock up on some of there outer sleeves as I haven't been able to find an alternative I like as much. While the Hudson inners aren't quite as good as MoFi or SleeveCity's ultimate inners imo they are very close but when you consider the price difference it's a no brainer to go that route. I still have about 150 or so left from when they were running there insane 500 for $35 deal back in 2020.

While on the subject has anyone come across any outer sleeves that are a bit bigger then SleeveCity's Ultimate Outer Boxed Set sleeves? These are solid for deluxe edition smaller box sets or oversized standard releases but it would be nice to have something for actual box sets as well.

marcb likes this.
  14. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

I had recently bought a few from sleevie wonder, they sell on Amazon. I got 5 for $15, 15x15 inch. They go larger, too.

hype likes this.
  15. hype

hype Forum Resident

Thanks! I had never seen those before. One big worrisome right off though is that they are only 1.6mill. Do they seem pretty secure and hold up well? That seems pretty thin for heavier box sets.

*edit.. actually I see there's a 4mill version as well so I think i'll give these a try.. Appreciate the heads up! I think these might be just the right size I was looking for.

16. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Just worked for me -- muchas thanks!

DailyHiFi likes this.
  17. MikePortly

Enter code “WILLIEVERGETMYORDER” at checkout and you may or may not ever get your order.

joelee, Levi's Tubs and Twinsfan007 like this.
  18. MikePortly

Placed an order in December. Still haven’t gotten it.

19. Kym

Kym Former Resident

Does anyone have the latest coupon code for Sleeve City, if there is one? The TOVAG15 code expired on 6/30/2022.

20. atcrowe1

atcrowe1 Forum Resident

Looks like I’m at the point where I need to put in an order for a new batch of sleeves…any luck tracking down a working code?

21. Kym

Kym Former Resident

Not yet.

22. dusttones

dusttones Forum Resident

23. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Thanks for the code. Restocked myself on the 2.5mil outers and Ultimate inners.
    I usually try to wait until the Black Friday 18% off sale (lowest prices they offer in my experience) but who knows if that will happen this year.

24. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

LUCKYYOU
    10% off for St Patty's Day

25. easyge

easyge Senior Member

Watch their shipping costs. My cart has 10 LP storage boxes. The shipping container is 3.4' x 2.4' x 4" (H x W x D). I hope Sleeve City can fix this. If not, this will be the 2nd sale they have lost due to obscene shipping charges. USPS Priority was over $80 and Fed Ex Express saver was $183. My subtotal is $102. Good grief. I have ordered these for a few years and the shipping costs used to be closer to $25.

hi_watt likes this.