Songs that shouldn't end

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Terrapin Station, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam_777

adam_777 Forum Resident

Nice to see Little Wing getting nods in this thread. I had a dream once that I died, and what that experience was like was basically similar to still being alive except that you could perceive and sense things you never could before. When Little Wing played it was like the faders were left alone and the song played on through all eternity and that notion seemed pretty heavenly to me.

That song in such a short runtime establishes this beautiful and engaging world that is so easy to get sucked into, but just as you do and begin to wonder and marvel at it, it fades out into oblivion. Perhaps that is one of it's greatest strengths, maybe time running out is a gift.

2. fairies

fairies Forum Resident

Im so glad CREAM

3. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

Really? Another 10 minutes would be no problem

4. HastingsBoy

HastingsBoy Forum Resident

What Goes On by The Velvet Underground - the live version. Or Head Home by Midland.

5. HastingsBoy

HastingsBoy Forum Resident

6. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Muffin Man from Bongo Fury ... I love the way it does end, nut that thing is an absolute corker and Zappa was right in the zone during that lead break

7. JumpinJimF

JumpinJimF Still perfecting ways of making sealing wax

I'm not sure they shouldn't ever end but I do think some too short songs could do with being longer and are interesting enough to justify more verses:

Knocking On Heaven's Door - Dylan
    Panic - The Smiths
    The Needle and The Damage Done - Neil Young

And I've always thought that Jumpin' Jack Flash seems like such a massive song that it's a surprise when you get to the end that it's only 3 mins 42 . Would be quite happy for a couple more verses of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.