SpinMeRoundStore- Palmer Pennsylvania ?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Omron, Aug 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omron

Omron Forum Resident Thread Starter

I came across this record store recently on YouTube and have watched a few of there videos.
    They seem like fun nice people if a little bonkers and was wondering if anyone on here had been to there old or new stores and was it a fun experience?
    www.youtube.com//channel/UCqhmK2j6ccJPqvHHVwOukZw

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. Francophile50

Francophile50 The man with the satisfied ear.

I thought I might have ordered music from them but I didn't. I ordered from a store out of discogs called Philadelphia music. I ordered from a store off discogs called spin on this. So similar but not the same. But yes these people are crazy but in a good way.

3. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

While not a customer,and,with the pandemic,probably never will, I've watched this operation for a while. Originally from Phillipsburg (N.J)Mall(and possibly other smaller retail excursions in books) this infamous mall finally forced tenants out-while the parking lot was a pothole hell and a rain-drenched Sears in 2018(since demolished last August). What a great day to get them out-Christmas,2019,giving them 30,count 'em -30 days to vacate. Spin- Me Round quickly signed a lease with nearby Palmer Park Mall in Pa. They opened to new digs around Valentines Day,then the pandemic hit,reopening early June. They seem to buy lots of stuff via third part vendors(Ebay?) and seem to have virtually no local merchandise. They take part in RSD,which I don't understand since they are basically in the "used" business and RSD doesn't come near the profit margins and once RSD is over,they are back to the usual. Palmer Park does have one remaining anchor,Reading,Pa. based Boscovs,pretty much catering to the senior citizen bunch. A chain sneaker store,Jimmy Jams,is supposed to be owned by the mall owner while looking like a cool place to by overpriced shoes. The mall did have a once- interesting FYE,a former Sam Goodys with lots of space,but I think the floor space has shrunk to a typical sad FYE.. Last time I was in,2016, there was one knowledgeable worker and the rest the usual FYE flunkys. So it is possible that there are two stores selling physical media-a rarity in malls,2020.
    Spin Me Round is a family run business. Mom is the ringleader,the young adult daughter shows up and Dad films it all. Before leaving Pburg,there was another young woman but it has been a while since she has been seen. One thing I know,they don't know how to use a box cutter.
    Lots of merchandise. Prices? I have no idea. I live walking distance to a great operation but,once again,due to pandemic, I have not been there since March and ,until things look better,I ain't going there. That store is less than 20 miles away and I suspect more to actually buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.