Star Wars - Andor (coming September 2022)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BeatleJWOL, May 26, 2022.

1. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE Thread Starter

Straight from Star Wars Celebration this week:

SWCA 2022: Andor Teaser Trailer, Release Date Revealed | StarWars.com

Star Wars Celebration: Lucasfilm Showcases Obi-Wan, Andor, and More (Live Updates)

So at this point it'll be a two-season prequel to Rogue One. For me this is the least interesting item so far but I mean, I've got Disney+, no harm in checking it out. :D

errant_knight likes this.
  2. kreen

kreen Forum Resident

Infinite content, infinite content, we're infinitely content...

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Disney is going to milk that cow to death if they don’t slow down.

a customer, tommy-thewho and Vidiot like this.
  4. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I'm curious. If done well, this will dovetail right into Rogue One (and therefore right into Episode IV). Could be interesting to see if there are any familiar OT characters that show up.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  5. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

very excited about this after watching that trailer. Rogue 1 is best of bunch post original 3. This time frame of SW era is def worth further exploring

6. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Just A Flea-Bit Peanut Monkey

I've been looking forward this since it was first announced and the trailer hasn't disappointed.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  7. Voodoo Child

The new trailer

The series launch date has been delayed by 3 weeks. Now launching Sept 21st with the first 3 episodes.

8. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Looks like it could be very good. I loved Rogue One and this has the same vibe.

CoachD and Voodoo Child like this.
  9. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

We will have to see if they ruin it with political agendas but I must say it does look good on the basis that it looks like they have finally put some money into a show rather than characters sat about doing nothing or wandering around some desert.

Whether the trailer takes all the best parts is another question.

It would be nice to finally get a good SW tv show, it's odd if it turns out to be this, provided of course it isn't ruined by bad writing and awful direction like Kenobi.

Luke The Drifter likes this.
  10. BeatleJWOL

I mean, the story is going to be about the birth of a violent revolution in the shadow of a dangerous and powerful government so you might be disappointed :D

LivingForever, ad180, Thwacko and 6 others like this.
  11. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

I don't understand why they didn't so a series for Jynn instead. She clearly has an interesting backstory and it would have built on her character in Rogue One. Andor was okay but not interesting enough to carry his own series.

vegafleet and BeatleJWOL like this.
  12. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I obviously don't mean that type of politics.

Luke The Drifter likes this.
  13. BeatleJWOL

That was sort of my thought too, but the trailer has me going. Juxtaposing Andor against Mon Mothma, Saw Guerrera and other proto-Rebels gives the story a little more meat.

A lot of Jyn's story was the core of Rogue One so I can see why they didn't go down that route.

14. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

A diverse group of people fighting off the yoke of brutal fascist oppression is so woke!

15. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I’m excited to see more of the senate and learn more about Mon Mothma in the time before the emperor dissolved that “august body” during the civil war. Also curious as to who Saarsgard is? Disaffected aristocrat financing the rebellion? Always love to see old Qyburn popping up on things. Nothing says “smug, arrogant, yet gentle psychopath” like that guy.

16. Voodoo Child

17. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Not expecting much other than some fun and entertainment. I loved Rogue One and this looks to have a similar feel, so I'm merrily looking forward to it.

CDFanatic, SRC and Voodoo Child like this.
  18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah, back when Rogue One was announced, I said, "wait a minute -- all these rebels who got the plans for the Death Star were all on a suicide mission! All the characters will die at the end of this story!" And indeed they did. Total downer, man.

Leviethan likes this.
  19. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

Same. Loved Rogue One, best SW movie for me by far since the originals, so well done.

20. rock4ev

rock4ev Forum Resident

Imo Disney uses its new IP's as a vehicle to tell/show something relative to today's liking and nots, if they only would have focused on what the IP's were it be different.
    They haven't gotten a cent from me in quite sometime, and unless hell freezes over (figure of speech) they most likely won't, but on the bright side if they sell some down the line, which could happen, then I'm back for viewing. Right now I couldn't stand to watch for free the last dozen things the put out, I tried though, only because my friend put it on.
    They are putting out product that is more grating than brick walled cds imo. Junk/Flush.

21. rock4ev

rock4ev Forum Resident

They have people make shows and movies that don't like the originals and claim never seen or read, SW an Marvel. Well maybe they can find someone like that to do a story about the Beatles or Jimi, or etc.... You don't do that. A person needs to care and preserve a legacy and marvel and sw are legacy. Mouse, excuse me rat needs be exterminated lol.

22. FredHubbard

FredHubbard Forum Resident

oooh this looks proper. fingers tightly crossed

Loved Rogue One; seemed like a return to form ... been disappointed with the other 'spin offs' ... Manchurian and the Boba Fett thing looked great in the trailers but turned out fairly lame imo. Havent bother with the Obi Wan Kenobi thing

23. wolfyboy3

wolfyboy3 99 Red Balloons Go By...

Has potential.
    edit:
    who was that older guy in the trailer supposed to be?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  24. Voodoo Child

That's a character called Luthen Rael, played by Stella Skarsgard, who appears to be trying to recruit Cassian Andor to the Rebel cause, and possibly trying to unite some of the rebel factions to form the Rebel Alliance.

Simon A and wolfyboy3 like this.
  25. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

What 'political agendas' are you referring to?