Star Wars sequels to be ‘erased’ and made null and void...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dunkrag, Jun 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

So it turns out this is nothing more than a rumour, and it's a rumour started by an idiotic youtuber. And this deserves a thread?

What a waste of time. But it serves me right for thinking forum members here were above using the sham of sheer clickbait. Lesson learnt.

BGLeduc, BeatleJWOL and nosliw like this.
  2. Wow. That's taking a fictional story WAY too seriously. And I say that as one who grew up on Star Wars and loves it (mostly).

nosliw and BeatleJWOL like this.
  3. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

Exactly. Just because someone has a camera and a voice on social media does not automatically mean they know what they're talking about or have an ulterior motive altogether (i.e., money and fame).

MrRom92, BGLeduc and Rosskolnikov like this.
  4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

They could - but they won't, in the case of what's under discussion here.

What would they gain from this move? :confused:

5. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

This silliness (and the rest of it all over the net) is really funny when compared to the hissy fits thrown when Lucas did a little digital editing.

bmasters9 likes this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, he did a lot of digital changes on those movies.

7. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Quite the understatement there.

Bluesman Mark and BeatleJWOL like this.
  8. If only this rumor was about the prequels instead...

Purple likes this.
  9. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Alternate takes on a franchise are always welcome IMO.
    Reminds me of what they did several years back where they made a comic based on the original Star Wars draft by George Lucas called "The Star Wars" starring Annakin Starkiller and general Luke Skywalker.
    [​IMG]

Not to hijack this topic but there has to to be huge market for comics based on movies that were never made. Last year I read Giraffes on Horseback salad, a comic bases on a an unproduced Marx Brothers movie, with a screenplay by Salvador Dali which was a very cool way to enjoy a movie that wasn't made. As a Ghostbusters fan, I would be curious to see comic adaptations based on the different drafts Dan Aykroyd wrote for GB3 but there are tons and tons of interesting scripts that could get this kind of a treatment.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  10. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

Not really, when compared to nullifying three entire movies. Keep perspective.

Purple likes this.
  11. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

So Song Of The South won't be so lonesome in that vault...

12. Oatsdad

This would be something different though. Disney kept "SotS" under wraps forever - it never had a legit home video release in the US or most of the world, and I don't think they've run it theatrically since... 1986?

Claiming the ST isn't part of the "Skywalker Saga" would be a massive PR issue, and for what? To make a couple dozen whiny nerds happy? :wtf:

Besides, the OOT is in the vault to keep "SotS" company! :D

BGLeduc and BeatleJWOL like this.
  13. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

:confused: Whats 'The OOT'?

14. Oatsdad

"Original Original Trilogy".

If you have to ask, you shouldn't be in this thread! ;) :D

15. Exotiki

That's actually the 'OUT'.

"Original Unaltered Trilogy".

Who's the one who shouldn't be in this thread now! ;) :D

FACE OF BOE likes this.
  16. Oatsdad

Never seen "OUT" used - only "OOT".

A search on "Star Wars OOT" brings up the usage I gave.

A search on "Star Wars OUT" brings up nothing.

So :nyah:!

Exotiki likes this.
  17. Exotiki

Well, I'll be dammed! :D

The unaltered cut on the 2006 DVD's were called the 'GOUT' ( George's Original Unaltered Trilogy ) so I thought 'OUT' would be proper.

OUT or OOT, I hope it doesn't stay in the Disney vault for much longer.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  18. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

However you anagram it...I bet it keeps Walt's frozen head spinning in confusion! :D

(Which reminds me...doncha think "Walt's Frozen Head" is a helluva name for a band? The lawyers couldn't do squat about it! :laugh: )

Bluesman Mark likes this.
  19. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Disney should be erased they way it is managed now.
    And go back to basics.. sell star wars back to Lucas films.
    Sell the muppets back to henson..
    As each month disney is very cash strapped.

20. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

Star Wars
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return Of The Jedi

(The original unaltered trilogy) That's all the Star Wars I'll ever need. :agree:

21. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

For me, it's not an issue of taking it too seriously but slowly losing interest due to what has been released. My reaction to each of the episodes (in order of release):
    • 4. Good, and I enjoyed Star Wars the most when it was just this one movie
    • 5. Better
    • 6. Good conclusion...even with the Ewoks
    • 1. Okay, but it should have been better.
    • 2. Disliked it and only have it in my collection to avoid having a hole. The CGI Clone Wars animated series blows this movie out of the water.
    • 3. Better than Episode 2, but that's about it.
    • 7. So so
    • 8. ???
    • 9. Bleh...I wanted to see it before I'd read/seen reviews...no real feelings about it after I saw it...and I'm done since nothing we previously saw is set in stone and it can be changed at any time...
    Despite that it seems like just a rumor that Episodes 7 - 9 will be erased, considering how many retcons have been done in other series (in various forms) I wouldn't dismiss it outright...just consider it very unlikely.

22. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

When Lucas kicks off Disney should go back to the Prequel green screen shots and composite more realistic backgrounds, redo the worse shots and take out the silliest garbage.

23. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

Are these people related to those same people that keep trying to say that the new Star Trek series are on their last legs, and that things are in chaos, etc. It sure sounds like them. And always wrong, over and over again.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The Star Wars movies are not being nullified. Fake news from crazy fans. The re-editing and shot replacement was real, and I was there when some of it happened.

Star Trek: Discovery was in chaos in terms of writers getting angry and the show going over budget and over schedule, and they did go in and fire the executive producers and hire a lot of new people:

'Star Trek Discovery' Showrunners Fired, Replaced by Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman

I liked Discovery, but I don't think Star Trek: Picard was as successful as Paramount/Viacom hoped for, at least critically or ratings-wise, but it was renewed for a new season. And they have announced a new Star Trek series featuring Capt. Pike and young Mr. Spock, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds...

Captain Pike of 'Star Trek' gets spin-off series with Spock and Number One

I think Strange New Worlds is a great idea for a show, and I was very impressed with the Discovery segments that featured Pike and Spock and the "vintage" Enterprise.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  25. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

If they're going to erase anything, couldn't they start with Jar Jar and Hayden Christensen?

Purple and rnranimal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.