Stereolab - new vinyl press

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bronica S2A, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rancher

rancher Unmade Bed

Yes you must, whether this new vinyl or otherwise! Have you heard Captain Easychord from Oscillons from the Anti-Sun? If I am remembering right, even a better version, more succinct

Travadinho likes this.
  2. Travadinho

Travadinho Forum Resident

You're right. I think it is the better version. It essentially cuts off the last half of the song, which to me is like separate song itself. I forgot how good Oscillons from the Anti-Sun really is. I also like that album's version of Les Yper Sound.

On another note. I was looking through their overall discography and they've been fairly prolific. Counting albums, EPs, and comps...they were putting out material pretty much every year for the majority of their existence.

3. Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons ___________________

Well, beggars followed through. I got my new pressings of the reissues today.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  4. team2

team2 Forum Resident

It was great back then following them in real time in the '90s and '00s -- you'd hardly need to wait a year before the next release was out. Usually they'd issue a companion EP a few weeks before the full album -- a great way to quickly get the "bonus" songs weren't on the LP!

5. hamicle

hamicle Forum Resident

The albums from ‘Transient...’ to ‘Margerine Eclipse’ will be reissued throughout 2019.

The band will also be playing live.

6. gomen ne

gomen ne -

Wow.
    :bdance:

hamicle likes this.
  7. rancher

rancher Unmade Bed

WHAT!!??! Wowza ... any further details?

8. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

Please let it be more than just one London date.

BeauZooka and hamicle like this.
  9. GordonM

GordonM Forum Resident

10. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Is it safe to assume they're talking about vinyl reissues?

11. clarknovember

clarknovember Well-Known Member

Bleep have this offer for a Stereolab tote bag. I guess it's worth a thought if you were going to buy them anyway:

_--_--------------------------_--_

For the fourth day of the Bleep Advent 2018, we are celebrating Duophonic's reissues of Stereolab's Switched On Volume 1 to 3 Compilations by giving away a Stereolab tote bag for 24 hours with any single or multiple LP order for any of the following:

Switched On
    Refried Ectoplasm [Switched On Volume 2]
    Aluminum Tunes [Switched On Volume 3]

Offer Ends 5th December 15:00 GMT

Giacomo Belbo likes this.
  12. Dolemite

Dolemite Forum Resident

:nauga:

And I hope not just crappy fest like pitchfork

13. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Since the CDs never were oop, I guess yes. Or at least not a "cd only reissue campaign"! Out of these seven, I need the last two, so: :edthumbs:

jason202 likes this.
  14. DrewMeyer

DrewMeyer Forum Resident

Very excited about this news. As well I contacted beggar about the recall on the last two reissues and they replaced mine hassle free. I just explained that I didn’t keep my receipt and they did not give me any issues.

BeardedSteven likes this.
  15. BeardedSteven

They announced a Primavera show today. I really hope they don't only do the festivals. I hope Pitchfork doesn't grab them...

Dolemite likes this.
  16. eatandoph

eatandoph Forum Resident

Laetitia Sadier has done a good deal of international touring in recent years, so I'm hoping that the 'Lab would follow suit. I never got a chance to see them, despite being a fan from '98 onward.

rancher likes this.
  17. rancher

rancher Unmade Bed

That is about when I got to be a fan too! My son just ordered a gold double vinyl of Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements and the rim of the first album was totally cracked upon opening!!

But at least my 20 year old son likes Stereolab ...

Giacomo Belbo likes this.
  18. Giacomo Belbo

Giacomo Belbo Journalist for Rolling Stone 1976-1979

I’m listening to “Refried Ectoplasm” as we speak. My opinion is that it’s fine but I’m not blown away - I feel it’s lackjng dynamics, whether that was also how the original was sounding I’m not sure as I don’t have one.

19. GordonM

GordonM Forum Resident

Exciting reissue update and touring news from Stereolab! Taking pre-orders!

This was also announced today in a Lab Report email (see the link above for sign up).

20. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

These are up at bleep.com for preorder- I got the triple clear vinyl versions for $29.99 each.

3Dman, NorthNY Mark and Giacomo Belbo like this.
  21. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

They also announced a bunch of tour dates, for those who are interested.

22. Giacomo Belbo

Giacomo Belbo Journalist for Rolling Stone 1976-1979

Such a brilliant piece of news!

23. DrewMeyer

DrewMeyer Forum Resident

Preordered both on 3xLP clear vinyl. Surprised these were cheaper than the Switched on Vol 3 was considering it seems to include more. They're also playing a very intimate club venue in my city so I will definitely be getting tickets. Never saw them live in their peak but this should still be amazing

NorthNY Mark and jupiter8 like this.
  24. BeardedSteven

I'm in for the clear LPs. But man those tour dates suck for me. No Chicago date is the glaring omission. BUT the tour starts directly after the weekend of Riot Fest. If they play there everyone owes me a dollar. :winkgrin: I don't want to see a 45 or 60 minute festival set from them! I might have to make the trek to Detroit. I'm bummed I don't think any of the other dates/cities can work for me. And that's not a tiny list either.

25. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Ugh, Royale? Maybe we'll go to the DC show at the 9:30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.