Steve Hoffman's Audio Note TT-2 Deluxe, Black Friday Special

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Warren Jarrett, Nov 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warren Jarrett

Warren Jarrett Audio Note (UK) dealer in SoCal/LA-OC In Memoriam Thread Starter

Plus a one-time-only 33-1/3% discount for any new Audio Note tonearm and/or cartridge of their choice, if the winner so desires.

Joe Spivey and DangerousKitchen like this.
  2. Warren Jarrett

Now I have received so many bids and so many inquiries that I have not informed everyone individually about the current high bid.

As of this evening, it is $1625.

3. Warren Jarrett

As of this morning, the highest bid is $1800.

4. Warren Jarrett

Bidding slowed downtgus week. As of this evening, it is $1850, for the TT-2- Deluxe.

5. The FRiNgE

The FRiNgE Forum Resident

Aside from voltage requirements.. I believe a demo, or "technically used" or collectible item can be sold and shipped anywhere in the world. (including Russia) If any independent seller has no contract agreement with the manufacturer, then all restrictions and/or bound agreements with the sale of that item to any given country are null and void. For example, a USA authorized dealer bound by contract agreement would not be permitted to sell to the UK, vice-versa. (This is to protect the dealers from underselling their international competition who could take advantage of money exchange rates.. perfectly legal, but which could put certain dealers out of business) All international sales are however subject to customs restrictions of that country, ROHS approved for new products (ie: lead-free solder requirement) customs and VAT fees and/or quarantine procedures. (quarantine notably of Australia) USA sellers are exempt from wholesale licensing as long as the item is sold/shipped to a consumer. The seller/shipper must declare the actual sale price of the item as its declared value.

6. finn

finn Forum Resident

AN take a very dim view on cross border sales. They have revoked reselling rights for individuals and companies who have proved to be repeat offenders. We often get emails from the agent in Hong Kong who has been approached to supply product from there to Australia with the expectation of not paying tax in HK and not paying import duty or GST here. A copy of the approach email is always provided to Peter or Emily so they are fully aware of the situation.
    We in turn are often approached to export AN product to Vietnam of all places as locals try to buy cheaper here and expect to ship it with under declared values. Any country without distribution is a free for all but most distributors personally know each other and stay respectful.

gov and Warren Jarrett like this.
  7. Warren Jarrett

This is the case with me, and I respectfully honor it.

AN is an international company, but I am not.

timind likes this.
  8. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

What does the table cost retail?

9. Warren Jarrett

Retail in the USA is a little over $3500.

And there is usually a 6 to 10 week wait.

Guss2 likes this.
  10. Warren Jarrett

As of this evening, the highest bid is still $1850. This auction will end on December 26th, the day after Christmas. Let's set the exact time to 9 pm PST / midnight EST.

There will be no added costs. The winner will not have to pay tax, no matter in what state he resides. And I will pay for shipping. If the winner wants a tonearm and/or cartridge too, I will offer a one time only 33-1/3% discount

Richard Austen likes this.
  11. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

Ha - I like that discount. Pretty clever.

12. Warren Jarrett

Thank you, I thought it was a cute discount figure, although quite a shockingly deep slash in price for brand new Audio Note items. :yikes:

A Major Announcement:
    After discussions with a couple of other Audio Note dealers, I have decided that the winning bidder MUST accept delivery to an address within the USA. No foreign shipping address will qualify for winning this turntable.

13. Warren Jarrett

:shtiphat: The auction is still going, but there has been no higher bid lately. The highest bid is still $1850.

14. Warren Jarrett

My highest bid, for $1850, withdrew his bid in favor of another turntable he would like to buy. I accepted his withdrawl, so now the highest bid is $1800.

Please note the end of bidding is very near.

There is no minimum bid increment, so even a $1 bid over the current highest may win it.

15. Warren Jarrett

The winner has been informed and congratulations to him for aquiring this turntable for $1800. This money goes towards getting Steve Hoffman's next demo AN turntable/tonearm/cartridge ready for him.

I have another identical TT-2 Deluxe, that will be available very soon. Perfect condition, looks exactly like new, and carries a full factory warrenty. I will accept the same price, $1800, including tax and shipping. But that's it. You will never see this price again. PM me if interested.

Joe Spivey likes this.
  16. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

That is a great price and a great offer Warren. I hope that someone snaps that up and appreciates what a great deal they got!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.