Steve Kilbey: Solo Albums & Side Projects Discussion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by InStepWithTheStars, Mar 15, 2020.

1. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Jeebus.

2. wallpaperman

wallpaperman Forum Resident

The new album is available now on streaming platforms, well at least Apple Music in the UK.

3. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I broke down and ordered Glow and Fade on orange vinyl via Discogs. I can’t stop listening to this album.

Oatsy and JeffMo like this.
  4. wallpaperman

wallpaperman Forum Resident

Steve posted on Instagram that new Kilbey/Kennedy project is completed, no details given. Can’t wait, Jupiter 13 is brilliant.

5. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

great news!!

factory44 likes this.
  6. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Nice to come across threads on The Church & Steve Kilbey. :righton:Just ordered Chryse Planitia! 5 minutes ago & then did a thread search finding this thread. I've usually listened to The Church/ Priest = Aura, less frequently Starfish.
    Recently purch. El Momento Descuidado & enjoying that very much, so was looking for something similar. As someone else had mentioned, I, too had been unaware Steve Kilby has had such a prolific solo carerer & side-projects. This collaboration between Steve & Gareth Koch seems made by angels & like it will nicely hit that sweet spot! :)

Ophelia Without Wine

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    JeffMo, StefanWq and wallpaperman like this.
  7. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you Thread Starter

It doesn't come cheap since it had poor distribution and went out of print fast, but if you like Descuidado you'll enjoy the follow-up El Momento Siguente. That one is more experimental ("Reptile" as lounge jazz, "Electric Lash" as country-pop, "Tantalized" as Indian music) but there are some real gems, especially "Song In The Afternoon" and the cover of "Wide Open Road". Kilbey's also just done an acoustic remake of the debut Church album.

8. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Thank you. I'd been checking that out, too, but went with Descuidado & very happy with it. I do enjoy artists doing reimaginings of their content & that diversity you're mentioning. I may likely, at some point, think further about Siguente, as well as side project w/Martin Kennedy - Unseen Music, Unheard Words...& Sydney Rococo..& Eleven Women, and, and, and! :laugh::winkgrin: I just don't pack things in all at once, preferring to savor dedicated spins of each new-to-collection title for a bit.

siveld, StefanWq and wallpaperman like this.
  9. Oatsy

Oatsy Forum Resident

I just ordered a reasonably priced one of these, can’t wait for it to arrive, it sounds amazing.
    I too couldn’t keep up w steve! I had his first album unearthed on cassette back in the day. Always loved that album. Takes me right back to where i was when that came out.
    I only now have just discovered kilbey/kennedy and wow this is like the ultimate steve! Incredible stuff.
    [​IMG]

JeffMo, AlienRendel and StefanWq like this.
  10. Oatsy

Oatsy Forum Resident

The collection. Relatively modest. A few have come and gone along the way.
    [​IMG]

JeffMo, AlienRendel and StefanWq like this.
  11. Oatsy

Oatsy Forum Resident

Upgraded my copy of Steve’s debut when i found this original Australian pressing. It’s on nice heavy vinyl and ir includes an inner sleeve that the common Enigma domestic didn’t have. And this one is autographed by Steve!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

longdist01, D.B., Aggie87 and 2 others like this.
  12. imsjry

imsjry Forum Resident

13. TheOtherDude

TheOtherDude Forum Resident

I'm not a huge fan of 45rpm records but this is such a great album. Preordered both vinyl and CD.

SJP and StefanWq like this.
  14. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

SJP and J Borland like this.
  15. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

longdist01, J Borland, JeffMo and 2 others like this.
  16. Oatsy

Oatsy Forum Resident

“Here’s a song i wrote while i was singin’ the last one” lol

palisantrancho likes this.
  17. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Did Steve’s “best of” comp ever get released?