Steven Wilson "Home Invasion - In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall" (BR+2CD, DVD+2CD) Oct 26/18

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DesertChaos, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

Sure there is such an option.

2. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

2 CD/Blu-ray is auto buy

Nice to see him & Eagle Rock not ripping the fans off like some old timer [JP] I know

3. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

And also to the US even with Shipping an VAT Removal makes up for the Shipping if not more, so I Pre-Ordered to lock in the price. Of course the Currency Exchange Rate can change by March, but will keep looking at it and can always cancel, if the exchange rate goes a lot higher.

4. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

5. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

6. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

7. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

I'm glad he won an award for pissing off Prog fans; it hasn't stopped me buying the love liv either.

HotelYorba101 likes this.
  8. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

Live set, even!

Jimbino likes this.
  9. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

I'm in for the Blu-ray/2 CD set and will probably get the vinyl when it comes out next spring.

10. Slave2chaos

Slave2chaos Well-Known Member

I was tempted by amazon UK but their shipping is very sloppy. This is after at least ten orders. I wish only the best for you, but expect it to arrive crushed, especially as a box set.
    In the past, to lock in a good deal, I order the same vinyl on Amazon US and then ask for a refund and send in the damaged version from Amazon UK. But, this isn’t an option yet because I still don’t see any sellers in the US (and I would never do that to a small business).

Good luck and if anyone knows any US sellers, please post a link.

11. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I have ordered Vinyl Records about 6-7 times from Amazon-UK in the recent past and only had problems with damaged Jacket Cover 1 time, and they told me to just keep it and sent me another copy. I also order the David Gilmour-Live at Pompeii Vinyl Box Set from Amazon-Italy, and received it in perfect condition. Maybe, I was just lucky though. I will just keep my preorder from Amazon-UK(unless Amazon-US comes close to matching the price by the release date) and if it arrives damaged, assume that Amazon-UK will make it right again.

Thanks though for sharing your own experiences.

12. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Forum Resident

11/2 has this along with Dead Can Dance and Opeth. I guess it will be an early Christmas!!! Any word on what is happening with the other To The Bone studio tracks that did not make the album?

13. DaverJ

DaverJ Forum Resident

All but one were included in the deluxe edition -- and the one what wasn't (How Big The Space) was released on vinyl for Record Store Day.

RangerXT, Mr. Bill and sleeptalker like this.
  14. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident Thread Starter

Another track posted today - "Song of I"

pinktree1, chaz and DaverJ like this.
  15. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

I try very hard not to watch the videos... With only a week before release, I don't want to spoil myself the fun. :)

16. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

17. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

Given that the audio portion as divorced from the video is only available on CD in "limited editions," I'd wager that it will not be released as a download.

18. DaverJ

DaverJ Forum Resident

JediJoker likes this.
  19. Dr Mike

Dr Mike Forum Resident

The version up for preorder at Qobuz is 24/96.

JediJoker likes this.
  20. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

As a musician I can say that there is nothing retrogressive about it at all! It is cool to not like it but doing something different =/= retrogressive. Maybe just progressing in a way you would not personally prefer? Just my two cents :)

21. Kalli

Kalli Forum Resident

Doesn't that put disliking people in a lonesome ignorant corner? - I think it's not so far-fetched find SW current outputs kind of retrogressive - like it or not.

22. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Well ok so I look at the textbook definition of retrogression which is: the process of returning to an earlier state, typically a worse one

The thing about To The Bone, with songs like Permanating, Pariah, even Song of I which features more industrial/trip-hop electronic elements that were only touched upon briefly in stuff like his cover of Sign O' The Times, and objectively these are all newer elements or elements presented in a totally different way than with PT or his other solo work. There is not another song like Permanating in his entire catalogue, like it or not. Sonically speaking, I would argue it is just as much a progression as any other album he has released

Just because it isn't stereotypically progressive doesn't mean it isn't progressing. And I feel like it is a disservice to write off an artist statement such as this as simply a retrogression, liking the direction he is going in or not. It is totally valid to not dig the album or its direction though

Bossfan, ceddy10165, Sadcafe and 4 others like this.
  23. uffeolby

uffeolby Senior Member

Very well said :righton:Not many days left now before we can listen to the new concert Bluray - can't wait

24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I procrastinated on the blu-ray/CD version. It was in my Amazon cart and when I went to check out last night, they somehow swapped the DVD version, presumably when the blu-ray sold out. I caught it when I noticed the supposed price drop. That order was cancelled in favor of a great price on the blu-ray/CD version from importCDs. I upgraded the shipping one level to expedited and to my surprise, it shipped today and is expected on Friday. Since Amazon seems to be out of this title on both CD and blu-ray, importCDs may be the way to go.

25. DaverJ

DaverJ Forum Resident

Here's a link to the Blu-ray+2CD version on Amazon... it's hidden in the Movies & TV section:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GVXL7T3

JediJoker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.