Steve's "Who's Next": quick question......

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Thanks Evan! :laugh:

2. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but did we ever confirm exactly what the particulars of Steve's version are? I remember a lot of indecision and conflicting information.

3. Damián

Damián Forum Hall Of Fame

Sorry, what do you mean by 'the particulars of Steve's version'? Me not understand. :rolleyes:

On a side note, today I moved my stuff back into my room (it's been painted), hooked up the stereo and cranked the S**T out of Who's Next (Steve's).

I was blown away by John's bass moving underneath the chorus of Baba O' Riley.. :thumbsup:

4. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

I mean, how can we tell a Steve version from a Nichols version? I don't have a definitive read on this. Disc timing and even manufacturing sources all proved inconclusive in the recent thread.

And one of the great glories of Steve's Who's Next is the way John's bass sounds--just exquisite!

5. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

I think this thread is confusing some folks because we have two titles going at the same time... AJA and Who's Next.

As for AJA...the only thing we concluded was that the Japanese pressing made at the CBS/Sony plant IS THE BEST SOUNDING version of AJA on CD...it's probably Steve's... but we can't tell for sure. The disc has "CSR COMPACT DISC" repeating in the plastic ring. The matrix code is "DIDX-55 21A1".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.