Stooges - Raw Power: Legacy Edition w/ Original Mix!*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulB, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulB

PaulB Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. PaulB

PaulB Forum Resident Thread Starter

Can someone please fix the title? Should be:

Raw Power: Legacy Edition w/ Original Mix!

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I wonder why they wouldnt put the 1997 remix on the set as well? I know that most dont like it but it's now part of the Raw Power history so if you want an all encompassing 'deluxe edition' shouldnt it have both versions? Regardless of the opinion of the newer mix I like my deluxe editions to give me as much music as possible that is related to the recording.

4. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Hmmm...Mark Wilder. I have nothing by him. I hope this sounds alright! That unreleased show is the deal maker for me.

5. Stateless

Stateless New Member

I hope they can boost the bass somehow on the original mix.

The Pinhead likes this.
  6. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

Fixed. :righton:

7. NOS300B

NOS300B The Moon Queen

:righton:
    I was just about to buy a reissued LP to hear this mix, glad I held off a bit to at least give this one a shot!

8. JayB

JayB Senior Member

The remix is just awful so I'm glad it's not there...

The Pinhead likes this.
  9. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

Other than being mastered too loudly, what do you object to? The fact that you can now hear the rhythm section?

10. Mike D'Aversa

What's not there to begin with can't be "boosted". Hence the purpose of remixing...

11. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

I don't mind the mix so much but the mastering suffice to say isn't enjoyable. Still a much better mix IMO. The reverb on the vocals on the Bowie mix makes it sound like Iggy was singing over a boom box recording of the rhythm section. I love to see some remix it again.

12. nail75

nail75 Well-Known Member

Right, Chris. The mastering sucks on the 1997 release, but the original mix is the one that is really bad. I would not mind a really good remix, but it seems it is not going to happen. The live show? Well, we will see.

By the way, what a dubious statement to make:
    I mean I certainly do, but "anybody"?

13. Chris M

14. Matthew B.

Matthew B. Scream Quietly

Is there any hope for a better-sounding version of the Rough Power mixes? Do the tapes exist?

15. Mike D'Aversa

I thought Iggy's original mixes were supposed to have sucked? Some of the bootlegs I've heard would seem to back that up...

16. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

They did in 1997.

17. Chris M

Wait, are you saying the masters to the pre-Bowie mixes Iggy did exist or are you referring to the multitracks?

18. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

My bad, I just re-read closer and see the question was regarding the Rough Power mixes. I was seeing Raw Power with my tired eyes.

19. gohill

gohill Senior Member

How i wish i had never sold my nice 70's uk vinyl of this when the remix came out. You live and learn.

20. reechie

reechie Senior Member

I'll reserve judgment until I hear what they've done to it, but I'm in. The '97 disc just gives me a headache.

21. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

Considering that the original mix tracks on the "Nude & Rude" comp sound pretty good, I've got high hopes for this one. Anything has to sound better than my original CBS/Sony unremaster...

22. Stateless

Stateless New Member

23. cc--

cc-- Forum Resident

I don't think so. As I recall, that disc was made from a radio broadcast of a rough mix of the album, since lost. It's definitely a worthy alternative version, but I prefer the original Bowie mix.

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

And now that Search & Destroy has been used in a hit TV show, I expect it will be making its way back to the top of the top 40 very soon.

25. Mike D'Aversa

http://www.iggyandthestoogesmusic.com/

One of the most influential albums of all time, this project was overseen by Iggy himself and includes:

The long out-of-print original David Bowie mix of the album, newly-remastered for maximum impact!

Smells like 1997 all over again. Only instead of remixing and mastering into a block of white noise, it'll be the original mastered into a block of white noise...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.