Stuff you don't need to see on tv...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by beccabear67, May 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

I sorta “tune out” mentally or tend to get a bit angry. It is what it is.

GMfan87' and SirCandy like this.
  2. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Ditto

3. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Or anything involving Oak Island.

Give it a rest, there's nothing there.

andrewskyDE, beccabear67 and Michael like this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

sure there is making lots of MONEY! on fooling the viewers who actually buy into that horse****..

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  5. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore. Thread Starter

They should hire me, I'm full of stupid ideas just reading the titles of some of these junk shows... how's about Ghost Sharks Of Oak Island? Or maybe Flipping Wars In Bigfoot Country? I used to like one show where they fixed up people's houses called In A Fix awhile back and then it disappeared. I thought it was cathartic to see them fixing stuff, like 'Sparky' the Electrician (nice arms) would re-do their home's. There was a deadline schtick for a big reveal moment for at least one of the homeowners who was kept away, but I even liked that. I don't enjoy at all flipper type shows where they throw stuff out newer than what many of us live with and put it whatever the hot style stuff is supposed to be and then slap an extra hundred thou on the sale price, but there was one where they salvaged old houses in Detroit that I would watch, revitalizing the community, lots of craftsmanship involved. The UK's Repair Shop show I will usually enjoy something on too, it's a deserved hit with a spin-off now as well.

Cooking/baking competition shows have proliferated without me to watch a single one. It's the space these things take up on schedules that can irk me; imagining something I'd rather see that also would fit in better with the supposed purpose of the specialty channel. Pawn Stars and American Pickers at least sort of fit as History shows, but so many things seem to have no connection to the specialty of the channel, often leaving a name like TLC (The Learning Channel) with little that supports it anymore.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  6. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I'm pretty sure that's actually a violation of the Geneva Conventions. You really need to contact the Hague.

The Pinhead likes this.
  7. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Your ( joke) titles and suggestions for shows are no more stupid than the real things.

Do you remember some years ago there was a show about some guys who hunted hogs?
    Within a couple of months there were a handful of spin offs from it. I can't recall the actual titles but they were something like : The Hog Family, Lady Hoggers , Living The Hog Life...
    Really stupid hog s***.

Chris DeVoe and beccabear67 like this.
  8. The mute button helps, I've found. If you have to sit through them, at least you don't have to listen to them.

GMfan87' and GillyT like this.
  9. Khorn

The dang repetition of the same commercials over and over again every few minutes…..like some guy wanting to buy your gold teeth!!

Amnion likes this.
  10. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

A pair of rabbit ears.

Just get cable already, Grandma-! :rolleyes:

11. Amnion

Amnion Forum Occupant

PVR, or downloading:hide: for scheduled shows very helpful.... But live TV horrid, especially while watching news (Ukraine, Texas, even sports, etc.). Mute button essential Lol. Ask your Doctor, he will confirm this :laugh:

12. Khorn

Throw in the political commercials we are inflicted with up here at this time. These people seem to think we really want to watch them promising to sell us out so they can get elected!

Amnion likes this.
  13. DaBigBadWolf

DaBigBadWolf Forum Resident

14. Amnion

Amnion Forum Occupant

LOL. A pox on all their houses.

Khorn likes this.
  15. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

Are you referring to GG Allin? I don't think he's on that much any more.

16. Grand_Ennui

If the show you're talking about is the one I'm thinking you mean, then that one is coming back to HGTV on, I believe, June 8... 'Bargain Block, correct? The one with the couple who buys houses for (usually) next to nothing, and they stage the house with items they find on the street and they live in the houses while they're renovating them?

There's that one, unless you mean 'Rehab Addict' with Nicole Curtis where she and her crew renovate old homes and try to at least keep some of the original stuff about the home?

beccabear67 likes this.
  17. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

Anything involving an island or a house.

andrewskyDE and beccabear67 like this.
  18. Khorn

A 24/7/365 all regular TV commercial channel. They would run things like a “Most Annoying Commercial Hour” or a “These Commercials Make Me Sick” extravaganza.

19. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore. Thread Starter

That's the one, I haven't seen that many so maybe it isn't always in Michigan? It's a lot like the PBS This Old House I used to watch, not all about bragging about the 'ka-ching' and maximizing profit.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  20. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

Those stupid UberEATS commercials that show people eating pencils, diapers, kitty litter, tape, etc.

utopiarun likes this.
  21. Grand_Ennui

I think 'Rehab Addict' started out mainly in Detroit/the Detroit area, but I know they did some homes in Minnesota: It's been awhile since I seen any of them, but I'm thinking she did houses in the Minneapolis/St. Paul region.

beccabear67 likes this.
  22. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Guys stuffing their faces with food to beat a certain time

23. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

That Old Spice commercial where a young Dolph Lungdren's armpit sweat is leaking all over some dude's face. What idiot in marketing thought that was a good idea?

24. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Just watched one of those.
    Some guy with a beard just shovelling food into his pie hole. It was kind of disgusting.

smilin ed likes this.
  25. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

1877- Kars for Kids. Tone deaf kids singing, geeky kid with guitar.,
    Mute all ads, change channel or leave room.
    Otherwise enough with reality, competition, cooking shows, and repeats of decades old shows on cable.
    Agree with who posted about true crime , they can be interesting but too many drag it out fur too long, repeat and you can already figure out outcome by then.

John B Good likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.