Stuff you don't need to see on tv...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by beccabear67, May 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

People have parties over football games. Can’t stand those either!

2. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

And baseball too and I like baseball

3. Cronverc

Cronverc Forum Resident

For about three years already, I hardly ever watch TV. My TV mostly works as monitor for YouTube, where I can almost always find something interesting to watch. That includes news, old movies, interviews and other stuff. The main advantage is that I can choose.

Thwacko likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I really can't stand the I've Fallin' and I Can't Get Up commercial...the woman's voice is horrifying.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Oh yea, I am in your corner...CANNOT stand them.

6. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

There is a local weatherman here in the Tulsa, OK area who likes to interrupt shows all night if a raindrop fall sin Rhode Island.

7. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Drug companies plying their wares directly to patients is a uniquely American phenomenon. This always ends up on those listicles about "Normal American Things Europeans Find Weird."

8. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

[​IMG]

"Well, I object to all this sex on the television. I mean, I keep falling off."

9. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

THE PRECEDING POST WAS BRITAIN'S ENTRY FOR THIS YEAR'S RUBBER MAC OF ZURICH AWARD.

IT CAME LAST.

10. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

I can't stand overwrought hip messaging getting slipped in utterly unnecessary, unbelievable spots. I mean, sure, suspension of disbelief and all, but one show I watched recently portray's the main character as a jazz fan -- jazz briefly gets talked about here and there, he plays classic jazz records when he gets home from work...that's all OK, just brief moments of character background. But...some bonehead scriptwriter decided it would be cool if his dog was named "Coltrane." Really? Dumb as hell IMO. I cringe at the scenes where he calls his dog. And, in a way, I feel sorry for the scriptwriter for being so utterly clueless.

Scott57 likes this.
  11. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore. Thread Starter

"Advanced European Formula" products advertised on North American television... they make me wonder if the same stuff has "Advanced Canadian Formula" in the spiel on some European tv? :laugh:
    I remember I heard they used to keep plain aspirin behind the counter not all that long ago in much of Europe.

12. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Symptom of the deep corruption over here. The Great Sellebration.

Many years ago I remember seeing TV commercials in Germany restricted to 5 minutes at the end or start of an hour. I wonder if they still have such high standards?

Ken K and hi_watt like this.
  13. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I do not receive 'Discovery +' since I don't subscribe to any streaming services... That said, I was watching a show on one of the networks owned by that corporation, and there was a commercial for a new show that's going to be debuting on 'Discovery +' and the premise of the show is to show human beings trying to find mates by imitating animals' mating habits/rituals (and no speaking is allowed).

I thought that looked like one of the most f'd up competition shows I've ever seen, and I'm usually not against competition shows in theory, but this one is just 'wow'...

hi_watt and Frederick Mars like this.
  14. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

this

for the record I haven't had a TV in nearly 20 years now, nor will I ever have one again

15. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Shows that exploit the poor and/or less savvy members of society

16. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

The adverts on British TV at the moment.:shake:

17. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Talking heads...lol.

[​IMG]

beccabear67 likes this.
  18. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

Any awards show.
    Roughly 95% of "reality" television.
    Any true crime "documentary" show - there are Youtubers whom do a better job in 20 minutes than Dateline does in a full hour.
    Most "news" shows - I watched network TV news for the first time in years last weekend and was laughing out loud at the terrible production values and journalism. Even the chirons had misspellings. The anchor was chroma-keyed into a fake set that looked like it was being played off a VHS tape. I've seen Youtube videos produced in a spare bedroom with better production values.

beccabear67 likes this.
  19. How do you feel about animals talking about mating?

Scott57, No Static, ralphb and 3 others like this.
  20. WTF is a cryptid?

I saw one where a young man went out hunting with his older brother (I think) to kill his first deer. The whole tone of the show was that of a solemn, almost religious experience. When the big moment came, I think he came too. I mean, it was like the biggest deal of his life, or so it seemed to me.

So there would be a lot of butt-sniffing and such?

Scott57 likes this.
  21. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

22. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Anything with "celebrities" and eliminations.

23. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

Advertisements re: prostate issues or Peyronie's Disease.

Danny Coffin likes this.
  24. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

I personally don't need to see Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, the Kardashians or the Duggars on TV ever again.

25. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they did some sort of variation of that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.