Stylus Odometer!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Boltman92124, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Yeah, there’s definitely some fudging and/or just not worrying about precision with the clicker, especially when it comes to not playing whole sides, repeating tracks, playing singles...

2. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

Yep either way I guess. But if someone makes a spinny timer that will handle multiple carts, I'll buy one.

Ripblade and Big Blue like this.
  3. Tom Littlefield

Tom Littlefield Forum Resident

Received mine today, very well made not cheap feeling at all. One thing that was not mentioned on the ordering site is that it has a small magnet (as well as a fold down stand) on the back, so my thoughts of where I would put it were instantly solved.

Just stuck it to the side of one of my components on the left side of my TT, so it's right there for me to use.

4. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Besides the design of the 'engineering part' there is also the esthetical design. That's the crappy part. A butt ugly kitchen timer with some nasty looking decals just to differentiate it from one of your other....butt ugly kitchen timers ? :D

Boltman92124 likes this.
  5. The FRiNgE

The FRiNgE Forum Resident

A good idea, but I think just as easy to estimate how many LP sides are played per day, or week, and just add them up. Each side will be about 20 minutes, or three album sides add up to 1 hour of play. The stylus life is only an estimate, and average.... clean records extend stylus life.

Tullman and bever70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.