Suggestions for Southern California record stores (online)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Fortysomething, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident Thread Starter

Mods, if I have this in the wrong thread my apologies!

I just moved to Southern California (near Palm Springs) and there are lots of nice things about my new home base, but one clear downside - no decent record stores nearby.

With COVID, I'm avoiding long drives - so trips to San Diego, LA, etc. are out until that's under control.

So here's the thing: I'm trying to give local record stores business and support them (and avoid the corporate online giants). Trying to find a store where I can order from their website and have it shipped to me. Everything that comes to CA goes to San Diego, LA or SF anyway, so I may as well order from one of those spots, or inbetween, so it has a quicker, more direct journey.

If you have any suggestions for shops, let me know. (I know SF isn't exactly Southern California but anywhere from there south would work)

PS: I love Amoeba in person, but their online store is NOT based out of California - it gets fulfilled from some big fulfillment center in Kentucky, so they don't work for this scenario. (Found that out from prior orders where I had issues.)

2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Try Port of Sound. Their store is out of Costa Mesa (Orange County).

3. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.