Super Furry Animals

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vince, Dec 24, 2011.

1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

2. MitchLT

MitchLT Two for the show

I like Guerrilla best

Including the secret track, where you rewind track number 1. Great to find that years after loving the album ‘proper’

vince, zakyfarms and yesstiles like this.
  3. Snoddywilko

Snoddywilko Forum Resident

Hi Furry Fans,

Has anybody received a copy of the coloured vinyl reissue of Rings Around the World yet?

I pre-ordered a copy from The Sound of Vinyl but haven’t received it yet. I called them around Xmas to enquire but the woman I spoke to could only tell me it had been delayed. Then recently I had an email from them saying it was out of stock & they didn’t know when they’d be getting more.

Just wondering whether it’s still simply delayed or whether I’m likely to get my copy at all.

If anyone has any news regarding this, I’d really appreciate it.

4. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

No. And I don't know anyone who has. Probably stopped at the eleventh hour by legal issues????

richbdd01 likes this.
  5. Snoddywilko

I doubt it, as even the group themselves said it was a legal reissue. Also, it’s a limited pressing of just 1,500 copies so it wouldn’t have a huge impact on sales of the groups planned deluxe reissue.

After a bit of googling, I see various release dates for this delayed version, ranging from January 25th - March 29th.

Fingers crossed it’ll be sooner than later.

Neonbeam likes this.
  6. zither

zither Forum Resident

I'm enjoying those BBC sessions. It's a shame the vinyl package was so expensive, as I'd really like to have it sitting next to my beloved Mwng 3LP set (and that was just £30 a few years back!)

7. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

That’s only for the limited coloured variant that MOV usually do for new releases. Subsequent pressings will be on black vinyl and won’t be ‘limited edition’.

8. vince

Considering I bought "Rings.." as an import CD, the DVD 5.1 version, AND, the two-disc XL version...
    I'm not getting the vinyl......

9. Snoddywilko

I was under the impression that this release was strictly only the 1,500 purple vinyl version. I’ve seen no mention of a standard black vinyl version anywhere.

10. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

They won’t usually say ‘we will press on black vinyl after the coloured variant runs out’...

11. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

I received the vinyl BBC sessions box today, second press on immaculate heavy shiny black slabs.
    I'm only on lp 3 atm but the sound and pressing quality is exemplary so far. As for the content...sublime.

vince likes this.
  12. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

[​IMG]

Yeti fur LP, for those interested.

13. realkilroy

realkilroy Forum Resident

I'm worried about the stylus just by looking at this.

Etienne Hanratty likes this.
  14. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Yeah that's a point. From that picture it looks like the fur is on the surface of the record (rather than inside). But... surely not?!

15. vince

Hope that "Everywhere I Lay My Phone.." is as wonderful as the original!

16. zakyfarms

No. All within the (one-sided) vinyl. But I will admit to playing this on my cheapo turntable first before risking my main rig.

That’s a tall order and I would have to say no, but it’s still cool to have a different version. The crowd’s excitement is infectious.

CharlieClown, Rekkerds and vince like this.
  17. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Apparently this is not happening. JPC cancelled my order, MOV removed it from their site.....:cussing:

18. gibtti

gibtti Senior Member

Strange, SOV put it back up for preorder a couple of weeks back with a new release date of end of March.
    Would be a shame if this was cancelled. The original vinyl is as rare as hen’s teeth.
    I’m not interested in any bells and whistles reissue, just a like for like of the original issue...

Chris

19. vince

In CD news (for the BBC set, that is),
    Amazon has LOWERED the price of the CD set to 16 bucks!
    However, it won't get into my hands till the end of Feb./beginning of March!
    So. I wait.....

20. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

As it wasn´t part of the ongoing SFA approved resissue campaign maybe the band objected to the MOV reissue and somehow prevent its release. Either way, i guess its going to come out sooner rather than later.

Defrance likes this.
  21. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

Headcases.

22. zakyfarms

There's going to be an official reissue of RATW, sooner than later.

Defrance likes this.
  23. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

Defrance likes this.
  24. I got my notification today that Rings Around the World is off (or delayed) and they refunded me via PayPal this morning.

Defrance likes this.
  25. dubious title

dubious title Forum Resident

Got the lowly BBC CD yesterday. Have listen to a small portion of Disc 2. What a great band.

Quite an excellent listen so far. Gruff in very fine voice as always, excellent recording and superb live versions of mostly excellent songs.

Anyone have some favourite moments on this? Am sure the vinyl is long gone now. For the $30 bucks the CD ain't bad at all.

vince likes this.