Supergrass reportedly to reunite

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by modrevolve, Sep 3, 2019.

1. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

aaaaaaaaand.....a UK tour confirmed for February 2020, including a date in Newcastle. I'll be having some of that.

robbroncs likes this.
  2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes, that was their usual venue to play in NYC. Always was excellent seeing them there.

3. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

They're coming to my town, and it's a 7 minute drive home afterwards! :pineapple:

drivingfrog likes this.
  4. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

Totally agree. Wish they'd done black vinyl or just the CD's at a lower cost.

drivingfrog and Beaker73 like this.
  5. Interpolantics

Interpolantics Forum Resident

Delighted to see them touring again!

Any word on where to get the pre sale codes? I subscribed to the mailing list online

6. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident Thread Starter

I would totally be all in for the boxset if the vinyl was black instead of picture discs :shake:

7. hamicle

hamicle Forum Resident

Hard not to agree!

Beaker73 likes this.
  8. cyril sneer

cyril sneer Forum Resident

Going Out was quite a controversial song within the band from all accounts, as the song is allegedly written by Gaz about him getting bored of Danny's celebrity lifestyle at the height of Britpop.

Alexlotl likes this.
  9. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

Agreed ;)
    I mean, picture discs, come on :crazy:

10. dthomas850

dthomas850 Forum Resident

11. followmehome

followmehome Forum Resident

Um, what!? Do you not realise records are mostly purchased for what they look like? Why do you think almost every release is issued on different coloured vinyl or as picture discs. People aren't buying records because they think they sound better than CDs or even downloads.

12. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

I wouldn't blink if they were colored pressings. They're not ideal, but I've never really experienced any issues with them. Picture discs have a very sordid history, although I've heard they've gotten better.

But you're right, unless something is marketed for the audiophile crowd, the gimmicks are the attractions.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  13. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

I’m glad they’re doing something again, but I went from excited to bummed after reading that there’s only NY & LA shows and picture discs in the box. Would’ve jumped all over it.
    Hopefully individual regular LPs will follow.

14. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

Which is ironic, given how large Goffey's performance bulks in terms of what makes it such a good record.

15. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

It's a great tracklist but I'd swap "Outside", "Tales of Endurance", "Brecon Beacons", "Grace" and "In It For the Money" for "Bad Blood", "Low C", "Rush Hour Soul", "Evening of the Day" and "Going Out" respectively.

And "Jesus Came From Outta Space" is one of my favourite Supergrass songs and I would have tried to squeeze it in.

16. modrevolve

17. robbroncs

robbroncs Forum Disgrace

picture discs are a mess.

also, another missed opportunity to have Released the Drones :cry:

18. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

The NME interview suggests that's not on the cards.

Neonbeam likes this.
  19. cyril sneer

How could you drop Grace from the tracklist? Grace is such a great single.

agundy, robbroncs and JuanTCB like this.
  20. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I liked the band and their music/songs, but I just don't like the singer's voice/style.

21. cyril sneer

Re Released The Drone; I gather that the recording of that album was quite tensed within the band as they disagreed on the direction of the music. I guess they have agreed to leave it be and not open up old wounds for the sake of the reunion tour.

22. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

I've been a fan since the first album. Saw them live in '97 (w/ Foo Fighters!) and have had some conversations with Mick over the years. Super nice chap and frankly, the glue that held the band together. I still have their final single that he sent me fully signed by the band! A new studio lp would be wonderful.

drivingfrog and cyril sneer like this.
  23. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Cool! Not to go full-on gossipy here, but I always figured Mick was the odd man out and, essentially, the reason for the split. Just basing that on the Hot Rats project and certain inferences I may or may not have been imagining in interviews with the band members over the last decade.

24. modrevolve

Guess I will be buying tickets for the the Brooklyn Steel show. The last time I saw them was the Road To Rouen tour since they primarily opened for Foo Fighters on their Diamond Hoo Ha tour of the States.

drivingfrog likes this.
  25. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

They aren’t?? whoops, my bad :hide: