Survivor: Edge of Extinction (Spring 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

Survivor: Edge of Extinction
    premieres Wednesday at 8 p.m. on CBS. But you don’t have to wait until then to see the start of the show, because we’ve got it for you right here and right now.

Who will have the ultimate honor of being the first contestant to speak on the season? Which newbie describes herself as a “super, mega, ultra fan of the show”? Which two players can be seen literally butting heads? Will Jeff Probst’s infamous “39 days, 18 people, 1 Survivor” line be delivered by land, by sea, or by air? And, most importantly of all, will we have a #OrangeHatAlert?

Those are a lot of questions, but they will all be answered in the video above as we present this sneak peek of the Survivor: Edge of Extinction season premiere. Watch and enjoy, and then click on the SoundCloud below to get the only cast preview from people that actually spoke to the contestants before the game began. Survivors ready… GO!

Watch first 2 minutes of the 'Survivor: Edge of Extinction' premiere

asdf35 likes this.
  2. rburly

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

If it’s set in Chernobyl, I’ll watch

4. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

come on in guys

SRC likes this.
  5. John54

John54 Senior Member

"Do you want to know what you're playing for?"

"No, Jeff, we'd rather just stand here and twiddle our thumbs for four hours - OF COURSE WE DO, YOU SIMPLETON!"

GlamorProfession likes this.
  6. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Sorry ...I clicked on this thinking it was a new release by Frankie Sullivan and whatever sidemen he is calling "Survivor" these days :)

Sean likes this.
  7. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

The Island of Dr Moreau.. Yes.... witless constants being hunted by unknown
    creatures one by one never seen again..

carrick doone and Ghostworld like this.
  8. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I'm watching...I watch every year...this one looks like a good one and I like the edge of extinction. It will be interesting how this works as more of the cast get voted out. I can't see anyone saying yes I want to choose the road to stop the game. lol. I can't believe they voted Reem out, she had attitude and was a strong worker who could have helped them as a tribe. I think it was the tribes fault for not going to her and telling her to stop moving their stuff, instead they just voted her out, silly.

rburly likes this.
  9. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I'm still trying to learn the players' personalities. Reem might not have been the ideal player to vote out, but she wasn't very smart in the short time that they had to pick. I don't have many favorites yet.

rburly likes this.
  10. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

How will the new twist actually work? If every player that gets voted out has the chance to re-enter the game that island will become as big as the 2 teams competing. At what point will they re-enter the game? Will all those players who choose to play again have to compete against each other in a game...will they do this several times throughout the season or hold it and just do it once? A lot of questions but I like this type twist.

11. GlamorProfession

not sure but i could see Reem having to compete with the next person that gets voted out to stay in the game.

rburly likes this.
  12. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Right, how if at all will this be different to Redemption Island concept. But so far, I liked the start of this season.

13. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

She was the oldest who told it like it is and worked hard....Millennials do not want to be around that kind of attitude

Glad to see Wentworth bust her ass on that first challenge, the highlight of the first show

Song4U and rburly like this.
  14. Alert

Alert Forum Resident

So true!

15. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Crickets. No one watching this season? I understand. I skipped last season.

I'm curious how the second chance island will come into play. Suspect they may be reintroduced with the shuffling next week. At some point they will need to remove a slew of cast members, somehow.
    I wonder if the current three will compete where the winner ends up on the odd numbered tribe to even them out.
    Or they shuffle into three tribes with all of the original cast, where they vote out two a week until the merge, where two of the three tribes go to tribal each week.
    I could see a reintroduction taking heat off of the returning players.

I'm not a millennial and would be happy to not see Reem again.

16. GlamorProfession

well Wentworth has dodged the David bullet two tribals in a row. i would think her and Joe and Aubrey will be happy to see the tribe shake-up.

rburly likes this.
  17. rburly

I haven't read much about this season yet in the press, but Probst is usually out there promoting the season. I think the previews of next week shows that the 3 evicted players come back into the game. And with the preview showing that everyone breaks into 3 groups, I would guess that each of the evicted players goes to one of the new groups.

I haven't put a lot of thought into how fair it is to bring back evicted players, but they've done it before. It doesn't seem like a big twist to me. I'm hoping there's more to it than just coming back this one time. What happens to the next person voted off? It'll have to be similar, but there has to be more to this "twist" than simply coming back. Maybe not, but I hope so.

GlamorProfession and Kyhl like this.
  18. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Oh, I'm watching as usual. I just don't have a whole lot to say so far. I will agree, though, that Reem was annoying - to any generation of viewer.

19. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Reem, man what a complainer! It’s as if she didn’t know she’s on a show called Survivor. If she comes back in she can’t get re-voted off some enough.

John K

mace and rburly like this.
  20. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the whole 'edge of extinction' idea seems to be redemption island without the duels.

i have to assume (as does everyone else since they have basically told us nothing) that the 4 may comeback as a 4th tribe.

we'll see.

very lackluster cast so far, other than the college girl, who really seems to be trying.

Kyhl and rburly like this.
  21. GlamorProfession

pretty wild episode last night. two tribals plus everything happening on extinction island. almost too much to keep up with! i kind of like Victoria - she's devious

rburly likes this.
  22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

well, at least we finally learned a wee little bit about what will happen with the people on the edge of extinction. they will join the others next week, but we have no idea how or under what circumstances this occurs.

and i know it wont happen, but joe deserves to win, he just might be the best survivor player ever.

Kyhl, xdawg and rburly like this.
  23. GlamorProfession

unfortunately, Joe's days are numbered. people who are great at challenges and providing for their tribe are seen as targets and voted out. that's just the way it is now.
    it would be fun to see a Survivor that was full of people like him. call it Survivor: Beast Mode

Tree of Life likes this.
  24. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Or "Survivor: The Actual Deserving"

Tree of Life, rburly and applebonkerz like this.
  25. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

David is the most useless SOB alive on earth today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.