Talking Heads Stop Making Sense remaster sound quality

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jojopuppyfish, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Jack_Straw

Jack_Straw Forum Resident

I just got the Blu-Ray recently, and I love how they included both the "feature film" and "studio" 5.1 mixes.

The Stereo PCM track sounds like a downmix of the "studio" mix, and it's phenomenal. The best I've ever heard this album or film sound.

The other 5.1 mix is more "live" sounding - more room sound and not as much detail. Something akin to being in the middle of the theater vs. being in the front row. All three audio tracks are dynamic and excellent sounding, just different flavors.

What a great concert film.

Larry L, albertop and wolfram like this.
  2. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

There seem to be different versions of the Blu-ray, from 2009, 2014 and then 2015. Are there any differences, or these are just reissues of the same video/audio?
    Cheers

3. I prefer the 1999 mix to the mix on the original CD, but the mastering is not good. They really need to re-do this one, including the 3 bonus songs that are on the DVD/bluray but not the CD.

4. Jack_Straw

Jack_Straw Forum Resident

I seem to remember reading that the one from a few years ago was a straight reissue, but I could be wrong.

The one I have is catalog # PALMBR3167

This one:
    Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense

It’s pretty much perfect, as far as I’m concerned, except for the sync issues that all versions have (when they used audio and video from different shows). Doesn’t bother me that much.

albertop likes this.