Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

thanks, as always, Hutlock, for keeping an eye out for us. Just cancelled my Target back order of IPASOU and my Deep Discount back order of Pastel Blues.

hutlock likes this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that's where i ordered mine, post-cancellation. nice they have them in stock.... plaid room has apparently become so huge that it's becoming harder to grab things from them while they still have 'em.

hutlock likes this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah their mail order has been really kicking it the last few months. Glad to see it personally. They do it right, top to bottom.

GentleSenator likes this.
  4. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Can't recall if I mentioned this, but Target couldn't fulfill my order of I Put a Spell on You, but my local got it on release day. Instead, I cancelled that part of the Target order and paid full retail at my local. Call it penance for saving so much money on this sale at a big box.

I put in another sale order last week or week before for Pearl Jam's Ten on purple vinyl, Mariah Carey's MTV Unplugged on red marbled, and her Merry Christmas on clear w/red and green swirl. Picked up the former two same day, and the latter just arrived the other day. My wife loves "All I Want for Christmas Is You," so that's a fun way to get her to engage with my obsessive hobby, and I was a huge Mariah fan in my early childhood; my mom's colleague gave me a copy of her MTV Unplugged as one of my first-ever cassettes.

GentleSenator likes this.
  5. hutlock

I would pay money to hear you sing Mariah at karaoke, Gabe. Let’s make it happen.

musictoad likes this.
  6. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Someone has an old camcorder tape out there.

hutlock likes this.
  7. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

Well, I woke up to a cancellation on my Donald Byrd - Byrd in Flight (Tone Poet) LP, and a request to approve a further delay on Nina Simone's I Put a Spell On You (AS Series).

8. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Ditto. I had been asked to approve the delay and have had issues when more than one item in an order needs approval. I got on target chat and they confirmed all three were approved sooo this is unfortunate. Especially because they’re still available to preorder on the site?

farewelltransmission likes this.
  9. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

I have been given those same "approve this delay" messages for Bryd in Flight. Is it basically inevitable that it will eventually be cancelled?

10. SteakandBlackOnions

SteakandBlackOnions Forum Resident

Also awoke to the approval needed email RE:Byrd In Flight. Second Friday in a row for that, but interestingly they did not seek delay approval for Roots And Herbs as they did last week.

I've had items cancelled after a couple of rounds of this before, but I'm still hopeful these will be filled. Sounds like it's not just Target having problems getting these out.

11. karmapolice

karmapolice Forum Resident

When target canceled these titles for me I ordered at udiscovermusic for $21.50 shipping included.

12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I ordered Byrd in Flight on Nov. 25, as part of a B2G1 sale.

Have not received an approval needed email. Just checked my order on the Target website, and don't see approval needed there either. Curious..

I have bitched them out on two different occasions about this ridiculous, arrogant and stupid policy. Hard to believe that made any difference but you never know..

13. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I received the Byrd In Flight cancelation this morning also. No record of a previous mail requesting delay approval in my inbox nor spam so not sure what happened. Oddly I checked the order yesterday and the title was listed Delay Approval required but there was no live button to approve it like normal. Probably should have contacted them about that yesterday. Just ended up re-ordering and requesting them apply a 33% credit to my order.

14. hutlock

Byrd In Flight has run into production/pressing issues, as it is getting cancelled from orders over on uDiscover too, and that is the label itself basically. I have a feeling it has been delayed with no new date and that’s why we are seeing this.

Edit: just checked my order—they went ahead and cancelled Byrd in Flight, Tender Moments, and The Waiting Game. So yeah, I would say my hunch above is correct.

15. beyondmiles

So got on chat to try and figure out what the hell happened - I've stated this before but any order w/multiple items that need approvals only gets one item approved when going through their link. But even when you get on chat and they say they approved all the items, looks like that doesn't actually mean anything. Has to be something with their system.

Chat punted me to the CS phone #. I called them and then got punted again to the "second level" CS team. I swear I wasn't being too much of a Karen, but was explaining my frustration.

The second level lady was super helpful and apologetic and she said she'd talk to the tech team (not holding my breath) but she had me place another order and she's giving me one of them for free - which is actually better than what I paid because McCoy Tyner has the 33% discount already applied. She also gave me a $10 gift card for my troubles.

In the end, it took about 45 minutes of chatting + phone calls while my 1-year old ran around like a mad man and tore up my living room, BUT, assuming they don't get mucked up again, ends up fine.

I did tell her I have a ton of other preorders taking advantage of the buy 2 get 1 sales so I'm worried that this will happen again, but at the end of the day, nothing I've preordered from Target is super limited by any means and I'll be able to get a copy regardless from my local shop. The deals are just so hard to pass up but it's definitely not worth this constant headache.

16. hutlock

FWIW, if you go over on the Tone Poet thread, it looks like all of these upcoming titles have been pushed back.

Dignan2000 and GentleSenator like this.
  17. beyondmiles

Totally - and I have no issue with that because I don't mind waiting! It's mostly because Target still offers them as available for preorder (with a new date) so I'm annoyed that I've got to go through the process to retain my original steal of a price.

18. hutlock

Agreed. They cancelled all of mine and I’m just going to wait and order them later somewhere else. I have no desire to mess around with them on this junk, even for the price. It’s super annoying.

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

just wrapped up my own hour of chatting after waking up to two cancellations without warning as well. they tried to punt me to that phone number and i refused. got a second chat person on who let me place the pre-order again, honored the discount, sent me a $5 gift card and ended with a "Target loves you." message in the chat.

superstar19, beyondmiles and hutlock like this.
  20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

no, it was so much fun. what are you talking about? :laugh:

21. hutlock

And you didn’t have them fix mine too?! Some pal you are!

22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

well i am technically supposed to be working here...

superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  23. hutlock

Me too! That’s why I can’t be bothered to call them myself! Lol

superstar19 and GentleSenator like this.
  24. SteakandBlackOnions

SteakandBlackOnions Forum Resident

Just got shipping confirmation for Roots & Herbs, along with The Sidewinder and The Real McCoy from a subsequent order, so that's encouraging.
    Hopefully the Byrd In Flight issues are specific to that title, who knows?

superstar19 likes this.
  25. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

Is anyone getting totally ****ed over and over again by Target shipping? Never received so many damaged albums in my life... returning some, but for the ones out of stock, can't decide whether to go for a refund or live with a split seam and justify it with the discounts