Target Vinyl Blowout

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jrr, Jul 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

I was in my nearest Target earlier this week, and they had nothing marked on sale, no end cap clearance area that I could find, and when I asked an employee about the lp clearance they had no idea what I was talking about. I scanned a few records I knew should be reduced and they showed full price :shrug:

Had better luck at a different Target today and picked up the remixed Let It Be with t-shirt (a surprisingly decent shirt for a freebie), and Neil Diamond - All Time Greatest Hits (which wisely includes the mono mix of “Solitary Man” :righton:)

hi_watt, Davidmk5 and Thesmellofvinyl like this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

:laugh:

wow, united is truly the worst record pressing plant on the planet.

aoxomoxoa and Davidmk5 like this.
  3. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

That Let It Be/T-shirt deal is pretty decent at $19.

I’ve checked three of the five Targets near me, and found some albums were not marked down, some had very low (6-7 bucks) clearance prices on a yellow sticker, and others were marked down by varying degrees. The Bob Marley LP that comes with a T-shirt was marked down half from $40. No George Harrison ATMP so far.

Fred Dender likes this.
  4. curbach

I’ve been hoping to come across ATMP too. . .

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  5. Fred Dender

Fred Dender Forum Resident

But satisfying I bet.

hutlock likes this.
  6. Fred Dender

I was glad to find that the t shirt picture wasn’t the usual album cover kind.

hutlock and Thesmellofvinyl like this.
  7. Yeah, the shirt was cool enough for my son to try and commandeer it away. Now he has to sweet talk it away from my wife, who digs it. Not that I could squeeze into it.:goodie:

mur, Thesmellofvinyl and Fred Dender like this.
  8. Fred Dender

My 14 year old son has mine. Looks great!

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  9. curbach

At the price either the shirt or the record was effectively free. Having now listened to the remixed Let It Be lp, I prefer to consider it a free throw in that cake with my nice new t-shirt :) :sigh:

hutlock and Thesmellofvinyl like this.
  10. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

I picked up Let It Be too. Haven't listened to the remix on vinyl yet though. Have a 1970 capitol pressing as well that sounds good.

11. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

I went to two targets and used my phone to scan. Everything came up full price.

12. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

The app on your phone won't show clearance prices, you have to ring them up at the check out to find out the true price. I did the same thing when I went. Scanned Robert Plant & Alison Krause "Raise The Roof" on my phone, it showed $27.98. Scanned it at checkout, rang up $8.39

Chemguy, faceinthecrowd and hutlock like this.
  13. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Will those bar code scanners (at the store) on end-cap/aisles show clearance prices?

14. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

They did at mine (Columbus, Ohio)

mrjinks, hutlock and captouch like this.
  15. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Not sure, they were all offline at my store when I was there last.:rolleyes:

captouch likes this.
  16. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I think they do too, but thought asking the question would confirm this and let others know too in case they were wondering.

17. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Weird...I answered this a little bit ago. My answer disappeared. Oh well.
    Yes. They do show the sale price...when they work!
    :)

captouch and hutlock like this.
  18. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

At the three stores here they all showed clearance/reduced prices on the self-scanners (not on phone).

captouch and hutlock like this.
  19. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

They did at two different Targets that I have been at this last week.

The Elephant Man and captouch like this.
  20. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

Stopped at Target today and picked up the 2LP version of Tattoo You for $9.44. I checked a bunch of records at the scanner and most were regular price. The ones that were on sale online were still at the sale price.

Davidmk5, hi_watt, hutlock and 3 others like this.
  21. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Jimi Hendrix Winterland 1LP was $5 and some change.

22. Steve from ABQ

Steve from ABQ Forum Resident

I picked the Harrison ATMP, two U2 albums (How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb and All That You can’t Leave Behind), the new Tears for Fears, the Stones’s Tattoo You, the Carpenters Singles, the live Steely Dan, and Chris Cornell, No One Sings Like You. Some were marked discounted, the others I had to take to a scammer. I went to three different Targets before I hit the motherload. Sadly,I had bought run at full price when it came out the new Allison Krause and Robert Plant. All in all, not a bad haul.

hutlock, Tjazz, black sheriff and 2 others like this.
  23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

what's the name of your scammer? maybe they can help me out here since most of those titles weren't actually on clearance here... ;)

24. Steve from ABQ

Steve from ABQ Forum Resident

I took a pile of albums to a scanner on the floor for customers. I was hoping the new Def Leppard was on-sale, but alas no. I picked the Tony Bennett/ Lady GaGa collaboration that way for my father.

25. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

Just picked up Let It Be, Sign o' Times, and Go-Go's Greatest. I can't find the Jimi Winterland vinyl listed on the Target site (just the CD listed), so don't know which local stores might have a copy. Can copies be ordered and purchased at the store for the discount?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.