Taylor Swift Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Socrates, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memph

Memph Forum Resident

She just dropped by a fan's engagement party to perform acoustically. It sounds so great, I like how she sung certain bits a bit differently from the album version. Her live vocals have really improved compared to when she was a teenager.

2. Socrates

Socrates Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just woke up from a dream where I was posting with the username: hawkwind, or something, for about a year, on a board in another dimension, then I deleted everything because someone else named princess wasn't happy about a few things. All I've been listening to is rap lately. I'm really in love with rap. I mostly listen to the hip-hop station. And I also appreciate that more people, and especially more women, are singing on the hip-hop station nowadays. I hope Taylor does more modern-sounding music on her upcoming new album. I liked the direction she took, from 1989 to REP. Will she go acoustic next? She could go that way for TS8. I'm really looking forward to hearing TS7, as an album, in the form of a collection of songs. I'm excited the countdown to her new thing has started (TS fans know what I'm talking about). Taylor has come a long way over the past year or so. She gained mucho respect from the REP tour. The 70 ft. blow-up snakes were fun. And she's still #1. Looking back on this thread, some of the replies look strange to me, from the pre-REP tour era. That was all before the 70 ft. snakes delighted so many with their presence at shows across the planet earth. Taylor Swift now rules the world. Btw I've tried, twice, in fact, to get a hip-grass group together. I've been having a hard time with the machines. Somebody else should try that. Go with my vision. I don't want a mix of good and bad. I just want everything to be good, and maybe I'm not being totally realistic sometimes. I wouldn't want to leave bad posts up on the internet. I don't even use the f-word on the internet. I'm here for the good vibes. Btw I want to thank Gary, for the shoulder to lean on, and I can confirm that breaking up with one big star was the hardest for me -- ever. Sometimes people can't let me go. I was just thinking of the Elle interview again, and I would highly recommend taking a manganese supplement with the magnesium. The best thing to do is to get yourself a hair-mineral analysis -- then you can see, on a graph, in front of your own eyes, exactly what supplements you need to take. A private lab will do the analysis work, all you have to do is send in a strand of your hair. I wanted to write that on the TS forum before I deleted it all. Read the Elle interview, if you haven't already, for the magnesium reference. I'm not going to make this my thread for everything. I need to review the new Racs album on another thread. I'm going to write about rap in the near future. The funk-vibe in the new music today is awesome. There's a lot of great new music being made nowadays.

3. Socrates

Wow, I actually just read through all my posts on this thread, no wonder I drive people nuts on the internet sometimes. Thanks again to Gary for helping me delete a few things. But maybe we didn't delete enough! Oh my.

A lot of this stuff was connected to other websites btw. *Some of the stuff I wrote had to do with posts on other sites. Just in case anyone is wondering...*There should be a volcano going off soon....

I guess I'm gonna try to act normal now. Let's see how that goes. Can't wait for 4/26!

Everybody google: "TS7 Instagram." I can't post the pics for some reason. The new album might be about chickens...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Aurora likes this.
  4. Aurora

Aurora Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Socrates likes this.
  5. Socrates

I feel great about the online world right now. It's been a while since I've felt this relieved about everything. This is a newer way, too. This is a sense of airy-lightness that I've never really experienced before. I just went through a time of lightlessness, as if I was shrouded by an endless dark night. "Step into the daylight and let it go." Now this is the best feeling. I'm free. I feel brand new, as if I've been painted golden. I'm so grateful for life's simple pleasures. Stuff doesn't have to be bad. And I just went out with a chick who was born in 1986. My life isn't over. I stayed up late to hear the new song, and I'm so glad that I did. I love this era already. I can't even say anything else right now. All I want to say is "love." I stayed up late for you. You saved my life.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  6. Socrates

"In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

:D

Ok, I just thought of something. If anyone is reading this, and they're thinking they want to get a hair mineral analysis done: Make sure you soak in the clay from OK after you get the hair test done. That's the state abbreviation for the clay from Oklahoma. It's millions of years old volcanic ash, essentially, and has a negative ionic charge. Things that are bad for us, that get lodged in our systems, have positive ionic charges. Aluminum has a positive ionic charge. If you get too much of that in your system, you're in trouble. You'll become forgetful. The clay pulls all toxins out of the pores of your skin. This is just for anyone reading along. Get the hair test, soak in the clay, supplement accordingly. Drink Essiac tea. Then you step into the daylight with a new you. Enjoy the daylight, everyone. :D:D

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  7. Socrates

It seems like I was shrouded by a never-ending starless night. And nothing was ever totally right. I couldn't start over. My fate appeared to be cast in stone. There were only shadows, and the memory of love. You can't edit on this site after a half an hour's time. So whatever you say is whatever you say. IMHO "Me" sounds like a show tune. "Chicks the Musical" would be an awesome sight to behold. I hope she goes that far with the whole 'Chicks' thing. I like the new clothes. Dudes should feel free to wear flower-print shirts and tie-dyes. Make love not war. God(dess), do we ever need the hippie vibe again right now in the world. There are some nice flower-print unisex tops at the taylorswift.comstore. I'm buying one because Taylor Swift rules. I love all the pastel colors, too. The earth needs love vibes right now. I can't wait for the whole album. Tomorrow is a new day.

8. Socrates

Good morning, everyone. I'm totally excited about the forthcoming release of TS7. I really appreciated one of Taylor's recent interviews, where she said she felt "energized" by her new material.

She said didn't want to keep her new songs hidden away. I love the energy of "Me!". It's an uplifting tune. That's the 'happy' I want in music right now. Taylor has a good vibe, and I appreciate her work so much.

What's wrong with feeling good? She also mentioned that people shouldn't suffer for their art. Bob had mentioned something like that before in an interview. It's so true!

Well, I want to announce that you won't be seeing me around the message boards for a while. I'm busy recording my own songs, and I'm going to launch my own website later this year. I'd like to get some feedback about my own work.

So, I'm kind of doing the whole thing Jack did, when he recorded 'Boarding House Reach.' I'm turning the phone off. I'm reinstalling Pro Tools on a MacBook, and I'm just doing all this computer stuff that I usually don't like doing. Because everybody has to work with Pro Tools, right? I'm shutting this virtual world off, on the internet, until at least September. I'm giving myself a deadline to post my own work before the year is out.

Maybe I'll post my stuff on New Year's Eve 2019? I have until then, before the year is out, technically, that's my own personal deadline. This is my count-down! Expect to hear some original music from me in 2019, sometime between September to December. I know I'll get at least a few hits on my website. I'm kind of an interesting character.

I used to post covers on the internet, and I enjoyed that so much. When I play my originals for people in person, they always like my stuff. So now is the time for me!

Wouldn't it be fun if I had my own site, with a message board on it, and people could talk about me? I think that would be so hysterical.

What you won't see is me around all of the other message boards for at least four months -- nothing about volcanoes or anything. You won't see Mikey popping up on some board, posting: "Bob this and Bob that." Hey, the clock on the wall says 12:10 A.M. It must be time for Mikey to post somewhere, right? No! Not for at least four months. I'm going to promise that I'll have at least three original songs on my website, sometime in 2019, and I won't post anywhere until then. See you all later in 2019!

9. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I'm not a fan, but believe she's a talented songwriter and performer who care about her fans. Someone I follow on Twitter shared this Tweet from her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't have any stake in her music, but this is terrible. They are using sync rights to shackle an artist and stifle legitimate criticism.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    ghoulsurgery and MikeManaic61 like this.
  10. DirkM

DirkM Forum Resident

I'm not sure if I'd quite consider myself a "fan," but she has some truly fine pop confections to her name. Tim McGraw is a pleasant, catchy track; Two Is Better Than One is a great little feel-good song (I know it's technically just Taylor as a guest star, but her vocals are what really put it over the top); Blank Space is one of the great meta-singles, up there with You're So Vain; and even some Taylor fans hate it, but I absolutely love Me!, between the endless hooks and the cheesy "Spelling is fun!" gimmick that makes me smile every time.

11. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

12. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

13. skwonderfactory

skwonderfactory Well-Known Member

Hi all, I’m 100% a Swiftie and Taylor is my all-time favorite artist along with Aerosmith.

My favorite album is reputation and my favorite Taylor song period is “Don’t Blame Me”.

Here’s how I personally rank her albums (best to worst):
    1. reputation
    2. Lover
    3. 1989
    4. Speak Now
    5. Red
    6. Fearless
    7. Taylor Swift
    Speak Now and Red are tied for 4th place, but if I had to decide which is better, I would pick Speak Now because it is a more consistent album in my opinion, while Red has higher highs.

And here are my top ten Taylor songs (in order):
    1. “Don’t Blame Me”
    2. “False God”
    3. “All Too Well”
    4. “Style”
    5. “Holy Ground”
    6. “Haunted”
    7. “King of My Heart”
    8. “The Way I Loved You”
    9. “Clean”
    10. “Long Live”
    Honorable mentions: “I Wish You Would”, “Starlight” and “Come in with the Rain”.

I have loved Taylor since the premiere of the 1989 stream on Yahoo!. I have seen her live once on the reputation Stadium Tour the first night she came to U.S. Bank Stadium aka August 31, 2018.

As a fellow songwriter, Taylor greatly inspires and influences me.

Memph and bluesbro like this.
  14. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Some TS news..

Surprise! Taylor Swift is releasing a new album this week, one she wrote and recorded entirely in isolation.

The world has less than one day to prepare for "Folklore," Swift's eighth studio album. The pop titan announced its sudden release on Twitter on Thursday morning.
    "Most of the things I had planned this summer didn't end up happening," she wrote, likely referencing her canceled tour for her August 2019 album, "Lover." "But there is something I hadn't planned on that DID happen."
    Apparently, that thing was "Folklore," an album Swift said she's "poured all of [her] whims, dreams, fears and musings into." She wrote and recorded the whole thing in isolation, she said, but she had help from cowriters like Bon Iver, the Grammy Award-winning indie crooner, and the prolific producer and songwriter and frequent Swift collaborator Jack Antonoff.

Gone are the days of Swift's usual album release tactics -- weeks of hinting and countdown clocks, Instagram scrubbing and the theorizing among diehard fans. Less than one year ago, Swift released "Lover" with many of those tactics, including changing her Instagram color scheme and teasing song titles in magazine covers. But the world she released "Lover" into in August 2019 looks quite different now.
    "Before this year I probably would've overthought when to release music at the 'perfect' time, but the times we're iving in keep reminding me tht nothing is guaranteed," she wrote. "My gut is telling me that if you make something you love, you should just put it out into the world. That side of uncertainty I can get on board with."
    Swift has stayed semi-quiet in 2020 since the release of her Netflix documentary, "Miss Americana," in January. On Thursday night, though, she'll kick off the album's release with the music video premiere of "Cardigan," a new song Swift said also wrote and directed the music video for.

Rick Bartlett and MikeManaic61 like this.
  15. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

16. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

17. FACE OF BOE

FACE OF BOE Forum Resident

18. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

The “marry me Juliet” snippet everyone uses on Tik Tok is exhilarating. Great writing and very effective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.