Tears for Fears: Seeds of Love 30 Year Anniversary Love

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Warm_tunes, Jan 26, 2019.

1. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Yes but the 2015 is just the barely changed 1999 remaster.

Oops. I was completely unaware of this. (Also notice that Marcussen mastered that album too...)

The differences are there and they're not totally subtle either. Who Killed Tangerine, for example, lost quite a bit. And on Secret World the piano intro on the EU edition is at the same level as the full band coming in.

The US mastering doesn't sound great but the EU version is a sonic nightmare. Quiet Ones sounds like trash on the EU CD I have. The version that was now released on Spotify, Tidal et al. is the US version (we talked about this on the thread about the new album).

RAZORMADE, c-eling, ledzepp and 3 others like this.
  2. peteham

peteham Senior Member

Mine has apparently shipped from Musicvaultz. I still don't believe it though, until it is in my hands.

krimson likes this.
  3. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

Yes, last night I had received a shipping notice as well. I guess we will see if we actually get it.

According to my tracking number, I will receive it on Tuesday.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Harry42 and D-rock like this.
  4. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Yeah mine is an Optimal Germany Manufacture, picked it up for the bonus tracks which are nice.
    Seems mine has even worse (completely devoid) of any dynamic range compared to the website submission
    This one resides in my car. :laugh:
    DR5 -0.01 dB -6.60 dB 4:22 01-Everybody Loves A Happy Ending
    DR5 -0.01 dB -6.18 dB 3:37 02-Closest Thing To Heaven
    DR5 -0.01 dB -6.73 dB 3:40 03-Call Me Mellow
    DR5 -0.01 dB -6.34 dB 4:44 04-Size of Sorrow
    DR4 -0.01 dB -6.33 dB 5:33 05-Who Killed Tangerine
    DR5 -0.01 dB -5.79 dB 4:22 06-Quiet Ones
    DR5 -0.01 dB -6.96 dB 3:41 07-Who You Are
    DR5 -0.01 dB -7.56 dB 3:31 08-The Devil
    DR5 -0.01 dB -5.92 dB 5:12 09-Secret World
    DR5 -0.01 dB -6.64 dB 5:25 10-Killing With Kindness
    DR5 -0.01 dB -6.85 dB 4:51 11-Ladybird
    DR6 -0.01 dB -7.85 dB 5:44 12-Last Days on Earth
    DR7 -0.19 dB -9.04 dB 2:48 13-Pullin' a Cloud
    DR5 -0.04 dB -5.88 dB 5:08 14-Out of Control

5. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

My tracking number says Tuesday as well, but it's only submitted to Canada Post.
    I know for a fact that CPost is holding all shipments 24-48 hours at each hub point for covid reasons, and they are very well behind on mail service.
    Plus, they have a very nasty habit of saying it's going to be delivered and taking a lonnnnnng time to get from Mississauga to the rest of the country.
    But it should be this week.

Jagger69 likes this.
  6. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Ok, so I'm finally delving into my Boxset. Going straight for the Bluray, I've noticed as I'm attempting to rip the stereo mixes, the remaster and the original master seem identical. I hope I can identify one from the other when I'm done...

And what is this about Elemental originally been planned as a double album?! Colour me intrigued. LOVE that album. :)

7. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

There was a two CD deluxe edition planned for Elemental a while back but I think it it was shelved when they started working on the last album.

ARK, FVDnz, RAZORMADE and 1 other person like this.
  8. JulesRules

This lines up with what I read from my compressed WMA files - I thought the DR4 was just an artifact of the data compression, but nope. It's a shame there is no detailed log file for the UK mastering on the DR database because it seems to be another mastering with no DR4 track but two at DR6 (instead of one DR6 and one DR7).

I'm going to put your findings on the database, by the way, since this seems to be the same mastering as my release.

The tracklisting was done, Paul Sinclair did interviews with Roland, it was prepared for a 2015 release, but never came out. I hope this gets upgraded to a 3- or 4-disc set before it gets released...

ARK, FVDnz, Catbirdman and 5 others like this.
  9. Brian from Canada

Update: delivered today.

ti-triodes, D-rock and JulesRules like this.
  10. Brian from Canada

Would that be working on Everybody Loves A Happy Ending, or the album that is reportedly to follow?
    I am wondering if it was shelved because there may have a realization that either they needed more time between sets (note the delay of Seeds Of Love) or that they had enough material akin to the other sets to warrant more than just a double CD.

D-rock and jamesc like this.
  11. JulesRules

I'm not sure it was ever shelved for any particular reason other than wanting the "Seeds" reissue out first. Call it a long delay.

D-rock and jamesc like this.
  12. I don’t understand this. It’s not like it’s in competition with the last album. People can do two things at the same time as well. There was such a large gap between Seeds and the Last deluxe, I just don’t understand why they couldn’t do both.

D-rock likes this.
  13. There is a preorder link at Acoustic Sounds (granted it states December and we are two weeks into December) but I suspect we will get a repressing based on that.

14. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

I couldn't really remember the timeline but Jules has filled us in. I love the album but wasn't all that excited after seeing the Raoul DE. I'd love to see a larger set with unreleased stuff and a surround mix but I doubt that'll happen considering how long it took to release the much more popular Seeds box.

15. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

I just checked the status on mine and now it says expected delivery on Wednesday. Shows processed in Mississauga @1:43 pm on the 12th.

16. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

I wonder if there will be something that we can see that will differentiate if there is a 2nd pressing.

17. Brian from Canada

Let us not forget that they announced they are working on a new album more than two years ago — of which we only got an EP and a new track on another compilation.
    Either they are incredible perfectionists or they don't have a management that's pushing them to have it out by a certain date.
    Given the length of time to release Seeds Of Love, which was reportedly finished around the time of the other two, I can imagine the latter more than the former.

JulesRules likes this.
  18. JulesRules

Both actually!

The new material is something that has been talked about on other threads. They had an album (work started in 2013 already!) but weren't happy with it. Last I heard was that they've thrown half of it away, added new songs and will be releasing it next year. We'll see.

godslonelyman, D-rock and RAZORMADE like this.
  19. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

This duo is so finicky at times man I swear lol. The amount of the time they had, they've could've released Elemental Deluxe, Happy Ending (remastered with better sound) with everything else by now.

ti-triodes, Eric_Generic and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

What was the EP?

21. Brian from Canada

morgan1098 and Jagger69 like this.
  22. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Eric_Generic likes this.
  23. peteham

peteham Senior Member

Mine was scheduled to arrive tomorrow but showed up today. I still can’t believe it.
    The Townhouse stuff is glorious.

24. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

Mine still says scheduled for Wednesday. Looking at the tracking, it shows it hasn’t moved anywhere.

25. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

So finally my set has arrived. I will start listening to it tonight.

I must be the last person on this planet that preordered this set back in August and just received it now. This set was released on October 9th, yet it took nearly 10 weeks to get to me. Unbelievable for a preorder really. Can’t say that I’m a fan of MusicVaultz. :realmad:

jamesc, JulesRules and morgan1098 like this.