Tears for Fears-Songs from the Big Chair-Nov.4 Boxset

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by peterzac, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

When my daughter was in the single digits she heard "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
    and immediately tossed her Backstreet Boys/N Sync discs to the side. Little kids seem to pick up
    on the childhood themes (in the US you're sent to The Bad Chair if you misbehave) quicker than the adults.

2. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Yeah, I love Pharoahs too. They've got a lot of solid b-sides. Sea Song is an awesome cover.

3. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one. I can't afford the MFSL and the SHM-Platinum was disappointing Didn't have any midrange or lows. And the first Deluxe Edition was a failure. The W. German Atomic disc is ok but I would like to know if the LP or the CD have the channels the correct way. The platinum is supposed to be a flat transfer from the master tapes. If that is the case wouldn't the previous CD versions be correct?

4. Zephead2112

Zephead2112 Forum Resident

Looks good to me too! Especially the 5.1 mix. Thanks for posting.......

5. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

6. peterzac

peterzac Forum Resident Thread Starter

thanks, order placed. This is going to be one of the highlights of the year as Steven Wilson involved in remixing, this should be a great 5.1 and looks look the boxset is loaded up with almost everything they could think to put on this.
    I am getting it for the 5.1, the rest of the boxset is just a bonus.

D-rock and fredblue like this.
  7. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

I missed that. Is there confirmation somewhere?

8. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

This track list once again lists "Everybody Wants to Rule the World (7" version)" on Disc 2. What? On the 2006 DE, this was mistakenly used instead of "Everybody Wants to RUN the World." But the RUN version is also listed on Disc 2 here. So what is "Everybody Wants to Rule the World (7" version)? It's the same as the album version, right?

9. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

There's been some debate about that in the past on this site, but I am under the impression that the album version and so-called "single version" of "Rule" are one and the same. It's the one single that didn't undergo a makeover of some sort for 7" release. They have at least got to get it right this time with "Run" and get the a-side and b-side ("Running") on this box.

Very excited about this...Looks to me like they included every extant from back in the day and plenty of previously unreleased stuff. First time on CD for the instrumental version of "Rule."

10. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Is this the actual tracklist or is it someone's wish list? Looks pretty awesome, especially if Steven Wilson is mixing the 5.1!

11. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

29.99UK Pounds after VAT removal for those of us in the USA…so about $55 shipped…I wonder what Amazon will be selling this for?

12. peterzac

peterzac Forum Resident Thread Starter

13. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

WOW! It sure looks like a fan-made wish list and it resembles very much my proposal a few pages back, but I would be all over this version. Fingers crossed for this :)

14. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Does the Japanese clip in the "scenes from a big chair" still exist in it's televised form?

15. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Is this a misspelling (Broken Revisited?) or something I'm not familiar with?

16. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I hope this is true but I haven't seen it stated anywhere that he's involved...can you provide a link?

17. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Yep! Pretty cool to see this after only watching the "behind the scenes" footage for so many years:

Interesting that they don't seem to mind having their cameramen in the shot.

How about those Suzuki and Honda commercials too? The sleeve of Japanese 45 of "Shout" even says that this is the song in the Suzuki Cultus commercial.

18. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

That setlist looks like it was someone wish list.
    I do not believe for one second that this was mixed for 5.1. It would fantastic if it was but I don't believe it at all.

19. Elek.-maxe

Elek.-maxe Forum Resident

'Broken R.Skinner' means a recording of 'Broken' (or 'We are broken') in a BBC-Richard-Skinner-Show.

Tracklist seems fabulous, but I fear, it's only a dreamer's list.

JAuz likes this.
  20. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks for the tip. I had to order it at that price.

ti-triodes and D-rock like this.
  21. KeithH

Where did you hear about Steven Wilson being involved? If that's true, will he just handle the 5.1 mix or will he remix the album in stereo as well?

22. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

It seems that a surround remix is coming indeed :)

http://modern-vinyl.com/2014/09/23/songs-from-the-big-chair-gets-reissued-again/

Tears for Fears’ biggest-selling album, Songs from the Big Chair, will be released in its most spectacular format on November 4, 2014, via Universal Music Enterprises. The album, which spawned classic songs like “Everybody Wants To Rule the World,” “Mother’s Talk,” “Shout” and “Head over Heels,” will be available in five formats, including a six-disc deluxe edition box set featuring previously unreleased material and in a first for a pop album, a 5.1 surround sound mix by Steven Wilson.

D-rock, jamesc, Sordel and 1 other person like this.
  23. KeithH

Thanks! So it appears that Mr. Wilson will not remix the album in stereo. This album could be a lot of fun in 5.1. I could envision "Shout" as an immersive round. :)

JeffMo likes this.
  24. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

:goodie:

25. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I don't want to sound selfish or greedy, but can I pencil in next fall for The Seeds of Love super deluxe box?!?

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.