Tedeschi Trucks Band - Lockn’ 2019 (incl. Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bonddm, Aug 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident Thread Starter

3 hour set with Trey Anastasio and Doyle Bramhall II guesting.
    Fans of a certain double studio album from 1970 will enjoy the 2nd set!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  2. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Was there last night....completely epic! Layla!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

3. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Just seeing Derek and Trey together would cause me to spontaneously combust, wouldn’t even matter what they played.

4. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Saw them for 2 1/2 hours at the Freeman Stage in Selbyville, Delaware Thursday night. Amazing show. See them when you can. Very special.

5. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Who is that between Derek and the bassist? Oh, Doyle, I reckon.

Guy Smiley likes this.
  6. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Great show!

longdist01 likes this.
  7. spinyn

spinyn Senior Member

What a wonderful performance. I had a real moment when I tuned into the 2nd set webcast in the middle of "Bell Bottom Blues." When they went into "Keep On Growin'," that was two in a row from "Layla," and even though they do "Keep On Grownin'" regularly, I realized they were gonna play the whole thing. Oh...my...God...

Watched it again tonight and was amazed all over again. This was more than a tribute, as deeply as that album is ingrained in so many of us, to have that DNA brought fully to life by Derek and krewe, he with such true connections to the source. It made you proud to be human, to know and hold dear such things, to see and hear people with the skill and heart to pull it off with such respect.

One for the ages...

8. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Ah, I just saw this on Facebook and can't wait to see the set!

I always hoped that Eric would one day play Layla in full as part of few special shows, ideally including Bobby Whitlock along with Derek Trucks & Doyle. But years went by and the idea never came to fruition. Now given Eric's recent health issues and cutting down on work, I hoped that Derek Trucks would perhaps do it on his own and there it is! I'll be checking out the webcast today but I hope this becomes bigger and they can talk Eric into doing such a show with them. They will be playing Crossroads Guitar Festival in few weeks and so you never know!

9. crossroads69

You should consider tweaking the title to add the Layla reference - a lot of Clapton fans may otherwise miss this thread.

All Down The Line, Taxman and Bonddm like this.
  10. Bonddm

I would, but I’ve forgotten how to!

11. crossroads69

I think you may have to contact a gort to do it for you.

longdist01, Umbari and Bonddm like this.
  12. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I really hope they release this show one day, and also the show where they did Mad Dogs & Englishmen. It's frustrating they don't release all their shows like so many jam bands, because I'd buy every one I was at, and any kind of special gigs like this one.

I think TTB's original music is excellent, but I think it's great they're so devoted to preserving the music they love in this way, and not worrying about it overshadowing their own compositions.

13. spinyn

spinyn Senior Member

This is the You Tube link to just the "Layla" set.

14. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

15. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Very cool, Thanks!:righton:

longdist01 likes this.
  16. stillrockin

stillrockin Forum Resident

I have been watching this and it is lot lot more than a mere tribute to one of the best albums ever made. Layla reincarnated and with the number of jam segments dare I say reinvented. I echo the calls for an official release.

17. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

Why. Is. This. Thread. Not. Blowing. Up.

This performance is the single greatest piece of guitar playing I’ve heard in YEARS. Derek and Trey pouch each other to heights that will completely MELT. YOUR. FACE.

(Does anyone know if the audio of this show can be purchased somewhere?)

18. Bonddm

I’ve finally got around to asking admin to change the thread title to contain a Layla reference. Hopefully that helps to make more people aware of this epic performance.

All Down The Line and The MEZ like this.
  19. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

With this one single performance, Derek Trucks has placed himself among the immortals. Jimi, EC, Duane, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck...Derek Trucks...(yes, I know there are others...lol)...

I’ve never seen anything like it...

20. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member

Thanks for sharing these videos... I saw Tedeschi-Trucks earlier this summer for the first time and was blown away. I loved their own material and the covers of songs by Joe Cocker, Leon Russell, John Prine and the Allmans to name just four. TTB is seriously underrated as these concert videos make clear.

21. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Welcome aboard! As far as I’m concerned, he placed himself among the immortals years ago.
    It’s good to see his popularity continue to grow!

22. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Completely agreed. He's always been amazing. There's just not many people that know it yet

23. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

What a really beautiful and cool evening from TTTB w/ Trey Anastasio & Doyle Bramhall II together!

The MEZ likes this.
  24. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

I’ve seen TTB multiple times over the years. Agreed, he’s amazing. However, Never seen anything like this...

25. Keith todaro

Keith todaro Forum Resident

All I can say is: “wow”

Guy Smiley, CCrider92, spinyn and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.