Terminator: Dark Fate*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

I've been doing that successfully for years, and after that dumpster fire of a trailer, will happily continue to do so...

Vidiot and Takehaniyasubiko like this.
  2. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

It's interesting that the female Terminator character says that she "is human". I wonder if humans post Judgement Day have uploaded themselves into machines like the Terminators, and are now, I dunno, coming back in time to stop Judgement Day from happening? That would be something of a twist, and similar to an idea I had, where Skynet was superseded by an even more advanced AI of its own creation, which in turn sends Terminators back in time to prevent Judgement Day - which it considers an amoral abhorrence - but also provides them with the seeds required to recreate itself in the past. So humans in our era get caught up in an AI vs. AI time war.

TheVU and SandAndGlass like this.
  3. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Will he say it?

4. townsend

townsend Senior Member

In the trailer, I think Arnold looks worse for wear -- even if a cameo role. However, bringing back Linda Hamilton is a cool move.

dobyblue, scobb and SandAndGlass like this.
  5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I hope I look that good when I'm 71!

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

"I told you that I'd be back."

Quadboy and sunspot42 like this.
  7. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Forum Resident

Saw the trailer, looks interesting enough for me. I'll give it a chance. I like that the original Sarah is coming back (seeing her in a Syfy movie a few years ago wasn't as appealing). Besides I have all the other 'T' movies so look forward to this one.

Those ignoring the Terminator movies after T2 to me it feels like the Halloween franchise. Before the final Halloween movie the first two plus H20 was considered it, which completely ignored 4-6, but I still enjoyed watching Donald Pleasance with his famous 'Dr. Loomis' role up until his passing. so I still watch the fork in the films with 4-6 (plus nice seeing Paul Rudd's debut in Curse of Micheal Myers).

So as far as stories go, one can continue with one storyline based on a set of movies (like T1-T2 and leaving it at that), or another based on a different order of films (T1-T5).

dobyblue and MikeInFla like this.
  8. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Probably human brain, physiology with enhanced tech.

9. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

I liked T3 and T4. Even T5 had its moments.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. Takehaniyasubiko

Takehaniyasubiko Forum Resident

T6/Dark Fate will suck for many reasons, but the basic problem is exactly the same as with T3-5.

They are continuing a franchise which started in 1980s, yet they do everything in their power to completely distance themselves from what this franchise really was. Initially, this was a story about John Connor winning a war with the machines. After T2, they never knew how to continue. They were adding nonsensical plot twists and fan service instead of actually keeping up with that simple plot. T3 should have been all about an older John and an older Sarah having to face yet another Terminator. Cameron always knew that and that's why he didn't want to make a sequel - it would be the same thing all over again. In the end, they've created a Terminator parody with T3 where John Connor was a pathetic junkie saved by his future wife. T4 was supposed to show a badass John Connor in the future, but the whole project was a total mess because of budgetary issues, a horrible cast, and a convoluted plot which strayed too much from the old basic premise. T5 was even more convoluted and - once again - the story of John Connor and the future war was completely butchered with nonsensical plot twists. Now we're at T6 which seems to write-off the character of John Connor and completely change the future war by adding human-machine hybrids (whereas the original plot was all about ordinary humans pulling together and taking the planet back from the machines).

The pattern here is simple: they want to make a new plot instead of continuing the old one. It's like they constantly fail becasue of the same misunderstanding of what a sequel should be. They want to re-invent the wheel, basically. Again...

bru87tr, seventeen and SandAndGlass like this.
  11. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

They do that a lot in Hollywood.

Star Wars VII, reminded me a lot of Star Wars IV.

In Hollywood, the thinking apparently is, if it worked before, lets do it all over again.

They even take movies that lost money at the box office and remake them.

12. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I was excited that Arnold, Linda, and James are all involved... but the trailer didn't really intrigue me very much. In fact, it actually looked pretty crappy.

13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Crappy ? Yes! Looks heaps better than say Dark Phoenix though.

14. Deuce66

15. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Good she’s getting work.

16. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Can’t get behind that do. Otherwise lookin good (the film, etc.).

17. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

When you fight terminator's, you don't get the Hunger Games stylist's makeover's.

Deuce66 and sunspot42 like this.
  18. Deuce66

There should be fair amount of news and a new trailer coming out of the San Diego Comic Con this week.

[​IMG]

19. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

20. Chemically altered

Chemically altered Forum Resident

How about just a future war Terminators vs Conner et a moviel. A good war flick always wins even if we know before hand who won and lost.

21. Deuce66

Live Q&A will be streamed at 3:00pm PST.

Quadboy and SandAndGlass like this.
  22. Takehaniyasubiko

Takehaniyasubiko Forum Resident

23. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

Nah, it's just Jimmy Fallon ghost-acting on his behalf!

;)

24. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I was hoping Scarlett Johansson would be playing John Connor.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  25. Deuce66

Some new footage in this short promo clip.

Sammy Banderas and BeatleJWOL like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.