Thank you, Steve!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John DeAngelis, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member Thread Starter

Hi Steve:

Just wanted to say "thanks so much" for "Gerry Cross The Mersey." My copy arrived in the mail today and my wife and I immediately listened to several tracks. By the time we got to "I Like It", I was truly overwhelmed! What joyful music and a great mastering job!

When I ordered the CD from Razor & Tie over the phone, the woman I spoke to was fairly young and couldn't make sense of the title. I tried to explain that it was a
    takeoff on a song title and that the Mersey was a river in England, but a few moments later, she confirmed my order for, as she called it: "Gary Crosses the
    Missouri".

Call it what you will, I call it a job well done!

Thanks again.

John D.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Hi John,

Welcome!

"Gary Crosses the
    Missouri".

That's great. Scary that someone working at a record company doesn't know music history, but I guess the British Invasion was a long time ago to some people. (Seems like yesterday to me).

Anyway, glad you liked the disc. It's happy music! :)

3. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

Very diplomatic Steve!

Pathetic would be a better word. Then again it's probably just a job to the girl on the phone!

I've had that disc for a while now. Perfect example of "less is more". That is, you don't need 30 or 40 Gerry tracks when you can compile the very best on one 16 track CD.

4. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

I just received this cd on Saturday and yes, ladies and gentlemen,another winner
    from Mr. Hoffman! The only downside is that it makes me, once again, hope against hope that Steve somehow, someway gets his hands on those Beatles tapes. EMI CAN YOU HEAR ME? Anyhow, great job again.

5. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member Thread Starter

Steve Hoffman said:
    I guess the British Invasion was a long time ago to some people. (Seems like yesterday to me).
    AS I said to my wife, it's sadly ironic that the Gerry CD, which unfortunately will sell only thousands, gets such great care lavished on it, while the Beatles CD, which sell milions annually get such short shrift. A crime, I say!

Great packaging on "Gerry" also!

cheers,

John D

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

You know, I loved working on that Gerry And The Pacemakers CD.

Abbey Road tapes can sound so damn good.

I wish I could have done the same for The Hollies.

Sigh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.