The Beatles and Cirque de Soleil "Love" in Vegas*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mal, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Hmm... how have I never seen this before ? Strange, but true.
    I liked reading the early pages of doubt and confusion..
    I saw The Beatles "LOVE" once, that's what it took to get me to Vegas.
    I... loved LOVE. Superb. That was about ten years ago, so I am ready to go.

2. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I need to see this again, next time I'm in "Lost Wages". I heard Giles's interview on the Bob Lefsetz podcast recently, and I believe he mentioned that he'd remixed the entire project at some point in the past year or two, when they replaced the sound system.

Gems-A-Bems likes this.
  3. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

And I thought it was the worst thing I had ever seen. And the sound sucked!

4. I was in Vegas in April and wanted to catch this show again, but they have no performances on Tuesday nights, the one night I could have attended. I’m glad I caught the show around 4 years ago.

5. mds

mds Forum Resident

I can attest to the sound being absolutely wonderful. Total surround sound immersion. It was loud but not to the point of worrying about damage to my hearing, it was crystal clear, fantastic imaging, extremely 3D and both the song vocals and actor vocals came through clear and understandable. The bass was powerful to the point of you feeling it through your chest but in perfect harmony to the other frequencies. I only wish all concerts I have or would attend could meet this standard. If they could I would be attending a lot more live shows than I do now.

6. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

If I recall correctly, there’s not a bad seat in the house. Is there a preferred seat to get?

BGLeduc likes this.
  7. JohnB

JohnB Senior Member

Some people like to sit up higher, some lower. I've done both and honestly enjoyed them both equally. I imagine most people here will probably tell you to sit up higher though. You do get a nice overall view from there, but I also enjoyed sitting close and being able to see the performer's expressions more easily.

8. mds

mds Forum Resident

My seat was centered on one of the side screens last row just under it. I was not up in the balcony but I guess you would call it the middle tier. I really felt this was just about perfect. Even with my back against the wall the sound was fantastic and I was up high enough to easily and comfortably view everything going on in the air and on the stage including down in the pit closest to me. I would go for this seat again.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  9. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

Love is fun. Ka is far better, imho.

10. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

We sat at Section 209, row P, seats 13 &14. I'd highly recommended these if you want 'preferred view. One of the greatest show/event I've been to.

Electric Sydney and jammincrowe like this.
  11. snkcube

snkcube Forum Resident

I saw the show last August and enjoyed it a lot. The "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" segment was one of the standouts; it was truly beautiful and breathtaking. There really isn't a bad seat in the venue. I sat in the upper seats and was still able to see everything clearly.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  12. FangfossFlyer

FangfossFlyer Forum Resident

You got me thinking again of going on a trip to Las Vegas from the U.K. to see it.

mds likes this.
  13. Zafu

Zafu Cosmic Muffin

Was in Vegas in March to celebrate my Mom's 90th. We all went (Mom, sisters and 8 kids), and each one of us totally loved the experience. I was concerned for my Mom over the volume, but she actually had no problem with it. It was superb ! and not a bad seat in the house.

Zafu

budwhite and Electric Sydney like this.
  14. Lynd8

Lynd8 Forum Resident

This was one of the most amazing shows I’ve ever seen - don’t knock til you’ve seen it and if you haven’t seen it, see it!!!

15. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

On a side note, the Beatle Shoppe next door is always changing inventory. They are currently on a Yellow Sub theme. Got some Blue Meanie socks! Also a Revolver T & Twist & Shout (?) "close-out" knit cap. The store workers were another thing. Sort of an out of body experience but doubt if HR has a reference. Kids...whatta ya gonna do?

16. mds

mds Forum Resident

Bought a black tee with the worn out white lettered "Beatles" logo. The prices are reasonable I thought considering where you were.

TeacFan likes this.
  17. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

it’s a cool shop - go well beforehand, to miss the after show crowds

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Zafu likes this.
  18. TeacFan

Open seven days a week esp on Monday & Tuesday when show is down. Also, the "bar" in the show's foyer sometimes sells beer in large plastic cups with show graphics on them.

forthlin and mds like this.
  19. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Bumping this thread to ask for ticket advice.

I'm lukewarm about seeing the show, but I'll have some free time when I visit Vegas, so I figured I'd give it a go.

Don't want to spend a lot, though. I can get tickets from the official website from $53 - is that probably the best I'll do or might I get a "bargain" if I buy when I'm actually in Vegas?

MAYBEIMAMAZED likes this.
  20. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

I was never able to find any tix below $53 when I went this past spring, in Vegas or otherwise. If that helps...

21. TeacFan

That is the roc bottom advertised price and it is only for certain dates. Last June, I scored that price for a seat in the front row, buying over the Mirage web site. All other sites are resellers. Go to the hotel site and look for "Book "The Beatles LOVE" in advance and save more! " special price tab. The price does change. I inquired at the box office if buying there gets you off the hook for the "fees" tacked on. The guy smiled while saying no. They also occasionally have a FREE 30 minute showing of the theater in the late morning. You get a card at the end with a code for discount pricing. Also if one is a theater/audio/computer geek, they have a stage hand there to answer questions.

22. BeatleBruceMayer

BeatleBruceMayer Forum Resident

I saw the show in 2009 with my wife and my parents. The only reason I went was because of the music .The other three wanted to see a Cirque show and being a Beatles theme was a plus for my parents.

The show is a sensory experience. While it was fascinating, I don't really care to see it again or another Cirque show. I'm not into artsy stuff

I loved the music, of course. The sound was amazing. It's worth seeing once.

BeatlesBop likes this.
  23. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

You won't find any lower than that. You might, as I have done, pick up tickets for $75 shortly before the show (if you are flexible), but even that is not likely. I've seen the show a few times, and usually paid between $75 and $100.

The great thing is that you get a very good experience wherever you sit, half way back possibly being the best. I find it a fantastic experience.

24. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

I loved the Beatle Shoppe : ) Had I been a kid, a visit to Willy Wonka's factory could hardly have been any more enticing. You can go anytime, so no reason to go near showtime or afterwards unless that's the only moment you'll have near the Mirage.

Sound was great for us, and they played Love "outtakes" in the theater beforehand. I.e., unheard mixes/bits of songs not in the program.

Electric Sydney and canonlon like this.
  25. mds

mds Forum Resident

I bought tickets for May. I loved it so much I had to take my wife and am treating my daughter and her husband for their birthdays. Can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.