The Beatles "Let It Be" DVD news

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by David P. Hill, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident Thread Starter

http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/news/403letitbeagain.html
    Update (9/19/04)
    From Paul in San Jose:

Hi,

Just picked up my current BEATLEFAN magazine at Tower records on September 12th, and theres a article there on the bottom left stating that APPLE has about finished up the LET IT BE movie for DVD release and it should be out by the end of the year. Again they did'nt commit to a date as usual, but this sound preety good because it came from Apple. It mentions it going to be a DVD package and allot of out takes that did'nt make the final cut. Let's hope this time it's for sure! Rolling Stones DVD release of there ROCK &ROLL circus is scheduled for release on October 12th. Extra bonus features with extra songs from Taj Mahal that was'nt in the original and brand new interviews with Mick,Keith and Bill Wyman. Along with Yoko Ono. There's even a song thats called "Close,but no cigar". > The singers are John &Yoko & Mick!!

Enjoy your website and keep up the fantastic work you do.

Paul San Jose,California

2. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Oh, yea, I like this statement on that website: "IMPORTANT: The ad-blocking software in your firewall program MUST be off."

3. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Well, I'm certainly not holding my breath. :sigh: Been here before too many times. :shake:

4. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

True, but I bet you it's going to come out sooner or later. I mean if Let It Be...Naked gets the nod from Apple, the DVD is just a matter of time.

5. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Let it Be Naked - The Film!! :eek:

"Including restored footage of the Two Virgins photo shoot! :eek: " - - - NOT! :D

6. vintageonevinyl

vintageonevinyl Forum Resident

I want to see film of George Harrison's cool Rosewood Telecaster!! Bring it on.

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

IT SURE WOULD BE NICE!...as I shout it out...bring it out APPLE!

8. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

If they don't get it into production in the next month, I don't see how it can get out before the end of the year.

10. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

HEY!!! Some of us are trying to eat!!!

11. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Not anymore. :shake:

12. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Hey Pug! :wave:

I think those doggies want to go out. :thumbsup: Is it raining?

13. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Nice here! They've been out quite a few times today. No walk though. :shake:

14. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

Well, its still only September. If they finish by october, theres plenty of time to get it out by November. The biggest Christmas shopping day is the day after Turkey Day, so they have till then to get it in the stores.

15. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

with Beatles reissues it's all a matter of time, and whether we'll be alive for them ; ) regardless of how long it takes, i just hope they do it right once and for all. The HDN dvd doesn't stand up for me (audio mix), which was a disappointment. I will be curious to see how the outtakes are handled. I have seen Daily Rushes and they are pretty unwatchable (ie boring), and I consider myself a hardcore fan.

16. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

we may want to not get too excited about this till there's some corraboration. I just did some surfing to look for more info, and can't find any, even on very knowledgable Fabs sites. so, this "news" might be untrue, especially considering the production schedule for a holiday shopping release. With the US cd box for sale this holiday season, it would seem the pressure is not on for another release, as long as one big ticket product is out.

17. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Until it's in my hands, baby....

18. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Another nod here for the "I'll believe it when I'm watching it" group.

19. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

What about the cropped image? On some scenes people's heads were cropped below the eyes it was so drastic. :shake:

20. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

Do you know something I don't know? I never heard that was a definite.

21. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Yeah, but what year? :laugh:

22. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

How does that Zagger and Evans song go? Oh yeah..."In the year 2525...if man is still alive...if woman can survive...we'll get the Let it Be DVD" :D

23. reechie

reechie Senior Member

John Fogerty puts out a new album, Brian Wilson releases Smile...if the Let It Be DVD comes out by the end of the year, it truly will be a sign that the end is near!
    ;)

24. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

Agreed. And consider the source of the rumor (website). Remember the Sullivan DVD debacle?

25. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

It seems more likely that May 2005 will be the release date, 25 years after the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.