The Beatles US Capitol Albums Volume 3 On CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2141

2141 Forum Resident

Those Capitol box sets sound excellent, imo. I would love to have Vol. 3, but I'm not holding my breath.

Gramps Tom and musicfan37 like this.
  2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yup. I'd also buy one in a heartbeat but Apple's done with CDs for the US titles.

They figure they put out the box 5 years ago and that's that. I'm sure they know some fans aren't especially happy with that set, but they believe there's not enough of an audience for V3.

If V1 and V2 had sold better, we'd have gotten V3 years ago. Clearly Apple didn't think it was worth the effort to put out a set with minimal sales...

2141 likes this.
  3. DotKom11

DotKom11 Forum Resident

Natural E likes this.
  4. zen

zen Senior Member

However...they both went gold.

notesfrom likes this.
  5. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I'm puzzled by the Beatles EP mix, Rubber Soul wet mix, and Beatles '65 wide stereo mix. I've never heard of such things?

Also, I thought the US Revolver album contained the same mixes as the U.K. Album.

Finally - what US mixes were on the Y&T that was part of the box a few years ago?

6. Oatsdad

Given reasonable expectations, I think they sold fine, but I still don't think Apple felt that way.

If V1 and V2 had done what they wanted, wouldn't they have produced V3?

7. trusso

trusso Forum Resident

I want it. We still need Y&T and Revolver. Sgt Pepper would be the same but MMT would be unique. The official release now is the German stereo. All four were released by Capitol records. That’s it. Hey Jude was never Capitol. It was an Apple release so there is no place for that here, same for UA AHDN.

They must have had an planned release when they began this project. I wonder what vol 3 would have been if they continued on.

notesfrom and Michael like this.
  8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

as Yogi said; "It ain't over till it's over"...never give up hope as long as a release will make money...trust me there are many pissed off ppl from what they did with the US Box...we want VOLUME 3...period. : )

9. Michael

Volume 3 would look better...LOL. You were fooled like so many others.... that's OK you're happy! : )

musicfan37 and bvb1123 like this.
  10. bvb1123

bvb1123 Rock and Roll Martian

No, not entirely happy. I want the American Yesterday And Today the way it was originally released. But I'm not prepared to die on that hill.

Michael and AppleCorp3 like this.
  11. Michael

nope...

12. Michael

maybe someday...; )

bvb1123 likes this.
  13. Michael

the ones we did not get in V1&2...actually I want them all...even the comps.

notesfrom likes this.
  14. Michael

seriously? Yesterday & Today and the rest of the US albums...

15. Michael

that's not acceptable to a life long Beatles fan...they made a bad decision changing history for revenge...they know it, we know it...a lie is a lie no matter how much you grease it...and we've been reemed with the fake US Box...they owe us US fans Volume 3...period. How can anyone deny that? Unless they really do not care.

BDC, Karl Denver, kronning and 2 others like this.
  16. Oatsdad

I just can't understand why anyone would believe that 13 years after V2 - and with the creation of the "US Albums" box 5 years ago - there'd be any actual chance they'd finally do a V3.

"US Albums" was it. That was their bone to the Capitol fans.

If V3 was gonna happen, it would've happened in 2007, not 2019 or 2020, when CD sales have gone even further into the toilet.

Because I want V3, I'd love to be wrong. But I'm pretty sure I'm not!

17. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I'm no expert but i reckon for the most part they are the uk mixes in us album order

18. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

The US Capitol mixes of Revolver are not unique. Same for the Hey Jude album. Sure it would have been nice for them to include
    the 1966 stereo mix of Strawberry Fields Forever on the Sgt Pepper box set. Why it was not included is a head scratcher.
    I have no use for those duophonic mixes on side 2 of MMT on the Capitol stereo LP.
    But I would like a digital version of the US single mix of I Am The Walrus....yes,even for that little extra bit.

I too am not aware of a "wide stereo mix" of Beatles '65. There is a version with added reverb that was not used on the
    Capitol albums box set but other than that it would be news to me.

lukpac, aphexj and AppleCorp3 like this.
  19. bvb1123

bvb1123 Rock and Roll Martian

Trust me, I don't think there's any way in hell we're getting a The Capitol Years 3. Just nitpicking on what we did get, that's all.

Oatsdad and Michael like this.
  20. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

So what you’re really after is an authentic US albums box. I would pre order one!

Sidewinder43, notesfrom and Michael like this.
  21. Michael

YES!, but since we already have Volume 1 & 2 ...all I'm wishin', hopin' & dreamin' for a VOLUME 3! I would too!

22. Michael

no nitpicking V1 &2 ; )!

23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

At this point a proper vinyl reissue of all of the U.S. albums seems logical. I would buy that. Done from the Capitol tapes AAA.

kronning, AppleCorp3 and bubba-ho-tep like this.
  24. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

25. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.