The Best Jesus Christ Superstar On Dvd?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by antonkk, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member Thread Starter

I was shocked to see that the new DVD is only stereo. I want my JCS in both widescreen and glorious 5.1 sound. Any decent version available?

2. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Really? The Special Edition isn't in surround? :confused: :shake: The previous version wasn't anamorphic, unfortunately, but was in Dolby Digital 5.0 surround sound. Look for the 1999 one with the same picture of Neeley that isn't tinted to look like Mel Gibson's "The Passion Of The Christ" DVD cover.

Just noticed you are in Moscow...what format of DVD do you have there? I realize it wouldn't be Region 1, which the JCS I mention is. :sigh: Unless of course you have a DVD player that can play Region 1 DVDs. :thumbsup:

3. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member Thread Starter

The good thing about living in Moscow is that you don't have to give a flying f...k about regions! All the DVD players sold in Russia are multiregional otherwise people will never buy them. I never met a DVD that won't play on my player (Denon 2900 to be exact) because of the region!

4. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Hey, that's great! :D Then my post is applicable. :righton:

5. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

I bought the newer edition of SUPERSTAR, and the sound is a big disappointment.

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I have the older DVD and it ain't bad. I'm not upgrading.

7. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

There has got to be a joke here somewhere!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.