The Cliff Richard Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jarleboy, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Daveymoore

Daveymoore Forum Resident

Just noticed that those Birthday shows on Cliff's channel are only available for 24 hours once they go up.

Let’s celebrate the big birthday event together this Thursday Oct 14th on Cliff’s official YouTube Channel.
    All full shows will be available for 24 hours only. Don’t miss it.
    The Eddy Go Round Show (1976) (3pm UK time | 4pm CEST)
    Meditation / Eso Beso (Cliff, 24.05.1967) (4:15pm UK time | 5:15pm CEST)
    The Hits I Missed (4:30pm UK time | 5:30pm CEST)
    F.B.I (Cliff, 24.05.1967) (5:45pm UK time | 6:45pm CEST)
    Cliff in Scandinavia (6pm UK time | 7pm CEST)
    Cliff Richard’s Heathcliff (7pm UK time | 8pm CEST)
    75th Birthday Concert live at the Royal Albert Hall (2015) (9pm UK time | 10pm CEST)

CheshireCat, Tim Cooper and Jarleboy like this.
  2. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper Forum Resident

Agree, "Move It" must be live, well spotted.
    Guess some are mimed, but the bloke's 80 so I'm just pleased he's doing a tour.
    Surprised he is doing a full 2 hr set (or there abouts) as the last few tours he's done there's been a support act with Cliff being on stage for only about an hour and half.

Got my concerts to look forward to yet, Bournemouth & Brighton.
    Will report back.
    Thanks all for posting videos.
    Love the set list, especially "Marmaduke" & "Where Do We Go From Here", the latter is the best music video of Cliff's in my humble opinion.

Saw Daniel O'Donell the other night, my better half likes him. A good show, at least 2 and half hours on stage.
    60s show this Sunday, The Tremeloes, Hermins Hermits, Marmalade, Dave Berry & others.
    Then Hank Marvin tribute concert at end of month.
    Never been to so many concerts!

3. Jarleboy

Jarleboy Music was my first love Thread Starter

Have fun, Tim! :righton: Sounds like that is going to be an easy task.

Tim Cooper and CheshireCat like this.
  4. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Forum Resident

'Where Do We Go From Here' has never really done a great deal for me, but as for best video, I'll agree with Cliff and say its 'My Pretty One'.

Enjoy the concerts! I was tempted to go for one of the odd single tickets (I think there were three when I checked) at Manchester the other night, but decided with the getting there and the parking, it was too much effort on a school night. There had better be a BluRay!

Tim Cooper and Jarleboy like this.
  5. Jarleboy

Amen, says this atheist! :righton:

6. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper Forum Resident

Well done on that, probably the rarest pic cover Uk 45.

Jarleboy and CheshireCat like this.
  7. Jarleboy

Yes, I am really chuffed, as John Lennon would have said. :love:

Tim Cooper and CheshireCat like this.
  8. Jarleboy

Happy Cliffy Birthday, people! :righton: Age may not be "just a number", as the cliché goes, but Cliff seems to remain a "young one". Relatively speaking, of course.

A fun little detail this morning: I was watching a DVD of the Midsomer Murders episode "Midsomer Rhapsody", which is the last episode of series 8. The first murder is committed in the study of a famous composer, and you see a stack of LPs falling like dominoes. I suddenly sat up. All of the LPs were classical and serious music, but I saw something that looked eerily familiar. I rewound, and watched the sequence in extreme slow motion, and... I was right! There was a copy of the 12" version of Cliff´s "Mistletoe & Wine". Not a favourite, maybe, but it made my day - on his day!

I wonder whether this might have been an accident, an in-joke or a tribute to Cliff. Anyway, it made me laugh! The sight of lovely old actors like Trevor Peacock, June Whitfield and Rank Middlemass didn´t hurt, either. Lovely!

9. When In Rome

When In Rome It's far from being all over...

Further to my 'Father' Cliff Richard / Liza Minnelli image yesterday, I happened across this...

It's new to me, anyways...

10. Pico1967

Pico1967 Forum Resident

11. Pico1967

Pico1967 Forum Resident

I doubt whether this is mimed, allthough its' very close to the original recording, but at the end the vocal is different. Judge for yourself!

CheshireCat and Jarleboy like this.
  12. Pico1967

Pico1967 Forum Resident

Same for this one, at least the ending is sung live. The original recording has a fade out:

CheshireCat and Jarleboy like this.
  13. CheshireCat

I'm saying live. Great to hear this one dusted off.

Chris Lane and Jarleboy like this.
  14. CheshireCat

I'm thinking this sounds more live than not too. I was less convinced by the Sheffield clip of Marmaduke, but this at Manchester seems to have a more live sound. Better sound on this one too, which could be helping.

Jarleboy likes this.
  15. Phil_Rocks

Phil_Rocks Forum Resident

Has Cliff ever recorded a Roy Orbison song? i seem to have a memory of Cliff having sung 'she wears my ring' i know other people have recorded it, maybe i'm thinking of a song he did live on one of his tv shows.

Jarleboy likes this.
  16. CheshireCat

Off the top of my head, 'House Without Windows'.

Phil_Rocks and Jarleboy like this.
  17. When In Rome

'Down the Line' was an early Orbison song if I recall correctly...

18. When In Rome

Sir Elton John scores first number one in 16 years
    Sir Elton John has topped the UK singles chart for the first time in 16 years with a little help from Dua Lipa, making him the first artist to score a top 10 single in six separate decades.

Cliff had better get another number one single quick!! :D

lordcat, Tim Cooper and Jarleboy like this.
  19. Jarleboy

Sigh... I wish. :shake:

Tim Cooper and When In Rome like this.
  20. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

i can’t believe this news, which originates from “the official charts” people has been allowed to get around unchecked including on sites such as the BBC. Cliff had top ten hits every decade from the 50s to the 00s inclusive. Sadly only had a number one in five of the six but he’s still way ahead of Elton (lovely as it is to Elton at number one again)

21. CheshireCat

Elton John sets new Official Chart record with Top 10s across six decades
    Surely you'd expect them to remove the article at the very least, as surely by now they are aware that they are wrong (there were comments beneath the article, but they've just removed them and stopped any further comments).

You would hope that the Official Chart Company would know where to look to find chart data... Or they're clearly incompetent, as must be all the other organisations which have picked up and run with the 'news', such as NME and the BBC.

I am pleased for Elton, but it is of course only a remix of 'Sacrifice' and 'Kiss The Bride' along with with Dua Lipa's 'Rocket Man' mixed in. I did get a signed by Elton copy of the CD single pleasingly though.

Tim Cooper likes this.
  22. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

Somebody told me it’s because Cliffs 50s hits are credited to Cliff Richard and The Shadows so he’s not a “solo” artist, but this single is credited to Elton John and Dua Lipa so I just don’t buy that at all. I’m a way bigger Elton fan than I am a Cliff fan but this kind of misinformation sees Cliff getting written out of history in a (admittedly very minor) way which I’m just not comfortable with.

23. CheshireCat

24. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Oh, that must be it. The chart company would not make such an obvious mistake. They are counting that technicality. I'm here from the Elton thread but I agree with you Cliff fans that sucks.

25. Pico1967

Pico1967 Forum Resident

Yes, "Down The Line" in 1959 and "Claudette" on "The World Tour" DVD in 2003 (made famous by The Everly Brothers, but written by Roy Orbison. Claudette was his first wife)